1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 20:133 edits
    Now does anyone want to hear about "the seven Spirits who are before His throne."

Seven is a number that often stands for intensification. Ie. in the millennium the sun will shine with the light of seven days. This intensification will be a blessing to the ecosystem some how I bet.

Isaiah 30:26
    King James Bible
    Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Seven Spirits of God stands for the intensification of the Holy Spirit.
    The servants of Nebuchadnezzar heated the furnace they wanted to throw the three Hebrew young men into SEVEN TIMES as hot.

Daniel 3:19 KJV
    Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.

Seven has the meaning sometimes of INTENSIFICATION. In the last days the Spirit of God sent forth in the earth is intensified.

" . . . the seven eyes [of the Lamb] , which are the seven Spirits sent forth into all the earth." (Rev. 5:6)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:23
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    How much of the book of Revelation is intended to be taken literally?

None.

"Worship God" 19:10. Divegeesters says this should not be taken literally.

"These are the true words of God" (19:9) Divegeester says this should not be taken literally.

[b]"The rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand year ...[text shortened]... ith no other contents of the book of Revelation.

"None" of it, he says, is to be taken literally.
    I don’t have an issue with any of this being preached as literal.

The rest of the abhorrent nonsense you preach as being the truth, I do have an issue with.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:312 edits
    The seven Spirits of God are ranked with the Father and the Son. By this we know that the Holy Spirit is meant, the Third of the Triune God.

"John to the seven churches which are in Asia. Grace to you and peace
    from Him who is and who was and who is coming,
    and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
    and from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn from the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth."

1.) The Father is meant in - Him who is and who was and who is coming

2.) The Holy Spirit is meant by the seven Spirits who are before His throne

3.) The Son is meant by "Jesus Christ . . . ".

This is the Trinity. This is the Triune God. But instead of the sequence of Father - Son - Holy Spirit the Holy Spirit as the "seven Spirits" is listed second.

The Spirit or the seven Spirits of God as the intensified Spirit is the final reaching of the insides of man. God is triune for imparting Himself finally INTO man to live in man.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:411 edit
    Divgeester as you see finds it "abhorrent" that Jesus Christ is called "the faithful Witness".

It is abhorrent to this unitarian that Jesus Christ should be called "the Ruler of the kings of the earth"

Christ is the redeeming One, the (if you will) human lamb for the atoning sacrifice for the taking away the sins of the world. Divegeester's theology must find this "abhorrent".

Also abhorrent to Divegeester - that Christ is establishing the kingdom of priests to reign on the earth.

"To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen." (Rev. 1:5b,6)

Divegeester, I think, abhors all of this. It is repugnant to his belief. Who do you think influences this Bible reader to regard these proclamations about the Son of God to be abhorrent?

No source submissive to God I would say.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:431 edit
    @sonship said
    Divgeester as you see finds it "abhorrent" that Jesus Christ is called "the faithful Witness".
    I think you know exactly what I find abhorrent about your horrid version of Christianity, but you carry on pretending it’s something else.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:552 edits
    Someone else will find Christ abhorrent - the beast, the Antichrist.

See how this coming Antichrist will abhor God and blaspheme Him and His people.

"And there was given to him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and authority was given to him to act for forty-two months." (Rev. 13:5)

He will blaspheme God for three and one half terribly intense years.

"And he opened his mouth for blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, which tabernacle in heaven." (v.6)

This could mean that the Antichrist will abhor those who have been raptured to heaven and blaspheme God. Perhaps he may boast "We're glad that they are gone to heaven. Now the planet is ours. We didn't want those Christians here anyway." This is speculation.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:562 edits
    But anyway He will abhor God and those who belong to and with God, both those raptured to heaven and those left on earth. He will make war with the believers left on earth.

"And permission was given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and authority was given to him over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. " (v.7)

Antichrist will abhor the saints on earth and Daniel says that this evil ruler will wear them out. If you are a Christian here on earth at that time it will be very bad to be under the wearing out tactics of the Antichrist. (See Daniel 7:25)

And the current of the surrounding world will nearly not be able to resist the strong avalanche of support and belief he gives rise to on earth.

"And all those dwelling on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name is not written in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world." (v.9) .
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 22:58
    What about resistance? It seems to whatever God's sovereignty permits you to end up is where you will go if you are in the resistance to the Antichrist. What about heroic armed resistance against this coming Antichrist?

"If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
    If anyone is for captivity, into captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he is to be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints." (v.10)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 23:56
    @sonship said
    Someone else will find Christ abhorrent - the beast, the Antichrist.
    Are you trying to direct this comment at me?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 14:262 edits
    @divegeester

That would be futile because you only skim through my posts and don't bother reading them. Or so you brag.

It is directed to whoever has an ear to hear. If the shoe fits wear it.
    Or change shoes and stop saying there is something abhorrent at all about Christ.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 14:56
    @sonship said
    Now does anyone want to hear about "the seven Spirits who are before His throne."

Seven is a number that often stands for intensification. Ie. in the millennium the sun will shine with the light of seven days. This intensification will be a blessing to the ecosystem some how I bet.

Isaiah 30:26
    King James Bible
    Moreover the light of the moon shall ...[text shortened]... es [of the Lamb] , which are the seven Spirits sent forth into all the earth." (Rev. 5:6)
    Witness Lee has taken you down the dark path of numerology.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 16:011 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That would be futile because you only skim through my posts and don't bother reading them. Or so you brag.

It is directed to whoever has an ear to hear. If the shoe fits wear it.
    Or change shoes and stop saying there is something abhorrent at all about Christ.
    You’re such a coward.

If you said “yes it’s aimed at you because of XYZ” I would at least respect your courage and forthrightness, even if I disagreed and went back at you with a retort.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 17:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Witness Lee has taken you down the dark path of numerology.
    Shift gears!

Try the Witness Lee in the occult approach.

Predictable.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 18:111 edit
    @divegeester
    If you're SO brave, I wonder why you always run away from "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17).

If you have so much courage, I wonder why you run and hide from "[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b) .

I mean how much courage does it take to say "Amen. Now the Lord Jesus is the Spirit, the life giving Spirit" ?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 18:29
    @sonship said
    Shift gears!

Try the Witness Lee in the occult approach.

Predictable.
    You don't think Witness Lee has taken you down the dark path of numerology?

Would you like examples?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree