Mary Mother of God?

Mary Mother of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Jehovah is a representation of the invisible God just as Jesus is the expressed image of the invisible God in bodily form. Jehovah appeared in the form of an angel, called the Angel of the Lord. Moses saw Jehovah, however, no man has seen God at any time. God appeared to Moses as Yah or Jehovah, then later God was manifested in the flesh through Jesus. wh ...[text shortened]... ached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)
Do you really understand the meaning of being manifest?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Do you really understand the meaning of being manifest?
Definition of MANIFEST

1: readily perceived by the senses and especially by the sense of sight

2: easily understood or recognized by the mind : obvious

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/manifest

F

Moves
22 Aug 12

Definition of MANIFEST

It's also a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Definition of MANIFEST

Right but we need to know the meaning of it in a religious setting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifestation_of_God

" The Manifestations of God are a series of "personages" who reflect the attributes of the divine into the human world for the progress and advancement of human morals and civilization."

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Manifestation+of+God

"The Manifestations of God are the only channel for humanity to know about God, and they act as perfect mirrors reflecting the attributes of God into the physical world."

So if one looks at these meanings, it is never God that is actually there. It is a manifesitation or a representative of him being there.
God cannot be seen as the Bible clearly says. So Jesus is God's representative or spokesnman or "Word" when he was on earth or reflection of him.
BUT this by no means he was Almighty God in the flesh. Otherwise the scriptures would have simply said so. But he was Jesus and sent by his Father to do many things and one was to represent his Father. But he was not his Father just a representative of him.

Moves
22 Aug 12

The reason you are not understanding this is because you say you don't believe in the trinity but yet you do on some level. Others have asked you about this too. It appears you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are the same being. Where the holy spirit is with your understanding I'm not clear on.
But Jesus and Jehovah have never been the same being. They ...[text shortened]... Jesus is still a seperate spiritual being just as I am a seperate human being from my father.
As robbie is so keen on putting it; it's not about me.

This is about you and why you believe there are two God's? Deflecting the subject ever so gently away from you and onto me, is still deflection Galveston.

You have admitted in the thread that Jehovahs Witnesses believe there are two Gods. If you have made an error (god forbid!) then please feel free to correct it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
As robbie is so keen on putting it; it's not about me.

This is about you and why you believe there are two God's? Deflecting the subject ever so gently away from you and onto me, is still deflection Galveston.

You have admitted in the thread that Jehovahs Witnesses believe there are two Gods. If you have made an error (god forbid!) then please feel free to correct it.
If you haven't got it by now, not much else I can say to help you...Sorry.

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

If you haven't got it by now, not much else I can say to help you...Sorry.
"Jesus is a mighty God" "Jehovah is almighty God" "Jesus is not Jehovah"

All your words in this thread Galveston

Please explain:

a) how this is less confusing than the trinity doctine?

b) how me not understanding your belief in this matter, is now somehow my fault?

C) why you believe in 2 Gods?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

[b]"Jesus is a mighty God" "Jehovah is almighty God" "Jesus is not Jehovah"

All your words in this thread Galveston

Please explain:

a) how this is less confusing than the trinity doctine?

b) how me not understanding your belief in this matter, is now somehow my fault?

C) why you believe in 2 Gods?[/b]
Sorry. Nothing else to explain.

Moves
22 Aug 12

Sorry. Nothing else to explain.
Fair enough you don't have to explain anything of course; although you may have a tougher time from the trinitarians next time round, and I'd be surprised if robbie carrobie didn't want a word with you too.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Fair enough you don't have to explain anything of course; although you may have a tougher time from the trinitarians next time round, and I'd be surprised if robbie carrobie didn't want a word with you too.
Ok. No problem.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

So to set my explination correct, the Bible does refer to Jesus as a mighty god, prince, counselor, king, etc and Mary was his earthly mother. We are to never worship Jesus as he himself stated.
But he is not Almighty God who is Jehovah who has never been in the flesh and never will be. So Mary in no way was a maternal parent of Jehovah. Jehovah has never has a beginning on any level.

Moves
22 Aug 12

So to set my explination correct, the Bible does refer to Jesus as a mighty god, prince, counselor, king, etc and Mary was his earthly mother. We are to never worship Jesus as he himself stated.
But he is not Almighty God who is Jehovah who has never been in the flesh and never will be. So Mary in no way was a maternal parent of Jehovah. Jehovah has never has a beginning on any level.
But Jesus is a God?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

You still don't get it. God the Father is not Jehovah. Jehovah is a angelic representation and is also called the Angel of the Lord. That does not mean that He is Michael the archangel either.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
It's also a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane.
True. People use words in the English language to mean a variety of things. However, that definition does not fit with a tranlation of the meaning of the Greek text.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Right but we need to know the meaning of it in a religious setting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifestation_of_God

" The Manifestations of God are a series of "personages" who reflect the attributes of the divine into the human world for the progress and advancement of human morals and civilization."

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.c ...[text shortened]... ne was to represent his Father. But he was not his Father just a representative of him.
The Greek text is not referring to a series of personages. It is referiing only to Christ Jesus.