Mary Mother of God?

Mary Mother of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
ok ok relax. Geez!

Jesus is a God. According to you he is a mighty God.

I have found this thread to be most revealing of JW doctrine and your comments and revelations cement my view that the organisation is not related to the Christian church in any way.
It's not a doctine. Your Bible says he is a God right? Did you read it?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
So was the angel Almighty God also just because he spoke for him? So is Jesus Almighty God just becauise he spoke for him and represented him?
Almighty God is the way the scriptures refers to the ONE GOD. It does not necessarily refer to a particular person within the Godhead. The belief is that the Word of God appeared first to Moses by the name YAH or Jehovah, as you like, in angelic form. Then finally in a more perfect representation and image of God by His only begotten Son, Yahshua (Jesus).

Moves
22 Aug 12

It's not a doctine. Your Bible says he is a God right? Did you read it?
No my Bible says he is Mighty God as yours does as you well know.

You think Jesus is a God in addition to Jehovah; you can wrap it up any way you like Galveston, but that is paganism as much as in fact more than trinitarianism is.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Ok...... You win.
This is a discusson forum, not a chess match. We are not counting wins and loses here. But we all win if we learn the truth. I am not sure what you mean by saying, "Ok...... You win.

F

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
True. People use words in the English language to mean a variety of things. However, that definition does not fit with a tranlation of the meaning of the Greek text.
"Manifest" meaning 'customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane' could be a reference to Noah's Ark.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

So...since Jesus is a mighty God (but not ALMIGHTY GOD), and Mary was his mother...

Mary was the mother of a God, right?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
No my Bible says he is Mighty God as yours does as you well know.

You think Jesus is a God in addition to Jehovah; you can wrap it up any way you like Galveston, but that is paganism as much as in fact more than trinitarianism is.
So the Bible is pagan since it describes Jesus as a God? Ok, that's your viewpoint.

F

Moves
23 Aug 12
1 edit

So if one looks at these meanings, it is never God that is actually there. It is a manifesitation or a representative of him being there.
Hang on. Not so fast. You slipped the word "representative" in there as if it is a synonym of "manifestation", when it is not. I fully understand that "representative" is the word you need for the purposes of your argument, but that need, in itself, does not create an additional meaning for a word. Why did neither of the links you offered use the word "representative"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Almighty God is the way the scriptures refers to the ONE GOD. It does not necessarily refer to a particular person within the Godhead. The belief is that the Word of God appeared first to Moses by the name YAH or Jehovah, as you like, in angelic form. Then finally in a more perfect representation and image of God by His only begotten Son, Yahshua (Jesus).
Oh really? Could you show me a scrioture that explains that or is that just your idea?

In fact can you show me any scriptues that prove what your saying in this post because I've never seen anything from the Bible that confirms any of this..........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
So...since Jesus is a mighty God (but not ALMIGHTY GOD), and Mary was his mother...

Mary was the mother of a God, right?
What does the Bible say?

F

Moves
23 Aug 12

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Manifestation+of+God

"The Manifestations of God are the only channel for humanity to know about God, and they act as perfect mirrors reflecting the attributes of God into the physical world."
This link and quote is about the Bahá'í Faith not Christianity.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
This link and quote is about the Bahá'í Faith not Christianity.
I know it is but the explination of what a manifestation in a religious sence is there.

F

Moves
23 Aug 12

I know it is but the explination of what a manifestation in a religious sence is there.
So you admit that the quote is about the Bahá'í Faith and not about Christianity?

Do you subscribe, to some degree, to the doctrines of the Bahá'í Faith?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you admit that the quote is about the Bahá'í Faith and not about Christianity?

Do you subscribe, to some degree, to the doctrines of the Bahá'í Faith?
Not at all. Would you like non bahai links that describe the word "manifestation" in the same light?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

Oh really? Could you show me a scrioture that explains that or is that just your idea?

In fact can you show me any scriptues that prove what your saying in this post because I've never seen anything from the Bible that confirms any of this..........
You Holy Bible is not a book of proofs, but a book of faith.