Matthew 24:34

Matthew 24:34

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I haven't said that there are any data supporting Nostradamus Prophecies. But there are nutty people who tink so. Go google yourself.

The prophecies of Nostradamus is no more valid than the biblical ones, because they are so alike, they both depend of heavy interpretations.

There are no valid prophecies, neither in the bible nor in the texts of Nostradamus. The future cannot be foreseen.
The future can be seen. However ,once seen, it PROBABLY will be altered into a future whish is not forseen?!

F

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The future can be seen. However ,once seen, it PROBABLY will be altered into a future whish is not forseen?!
No, the future cannot be seen, not until the 'future' becomes 'now'.

If the future really can be seen, Ladbrokes is in much trouble.
If the future really can be seen, whether forecasts would be much better.
If the future really can be seen, no polls would be neccesary.
If the future really can be seen, insurence would be far expencive.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Sorry, i have no idea what you are talking about. We know of more earthquakes because of improved technology.

And i can't find the word 'reports' in verse 6 of Matthew 24.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet.
The NWT says "reports". Other translations say rumors, threats, sayings, stories.
The point again is we will hear of these things. So would not hearing of earthquakes by any means not qualify? If you lived in a part of the workld that does not have communications of these things does not mean they are not happing...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by galveston75
The NWT says "reports". Other translations say rumors, threats, sayings, stories.
The point again is we will hear of these things. So would not hearing of earthquakes by any means not qualify? If you lived in a part of the workld that does not have communications of these things does not mean they are not happing...
I understand what you are saying, but i feel we have gone off track.

Robbie made the assertion that there was statistical data to show a preponderance for earthquakes these days. More eartquakes can now be detected because for two reasons -

1) More advanced technology to detect earthquakes.

2) We now have the Global Seismographic Network in place to detect earthquakes worldwide.

If you look at the data i posted on the other page you can see there is hardly any variation in the number of worldwide earthquakes measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale or higher since 1990.

rc

Moves
16 Oct 09

I understand what you are saying, but i feel we have gone off track.

Robbie made the assertion that there was statistical data to show a preponderance for earthquakes these days. More eartquakes can now be detected because for two reasons -

1) More advanced technology to detect earthquakes.

2) We now have the Global Seismographic Network in pla ...[text shortened]... in the number of worldwide earthquakes measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale or higher since 1990.
ahhh but Noob, Christ did not utter his prophecy in 1990, he uttered it about 2000 years ago 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ahhh but Noob, Christ did not utter his prophecy in 1990, he uttered it about 2000 years ago 🙂
Do you think Christ will come in your lifetime?

rc

Moves
16 Oct 09

all that i can say with any certainty Proper Noobster is that i have hope towards God that He shall remove corruption and injustice, war, famine, disease and ultimately death, and the earth shall be come a paradise as it was in the beginning. the system is volatile and anything could happen at any moment, who am i to deny?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

all that i can say with any certainty Proper Noobster is that i have hope towards God that He shall remove corruption and injustice, war, famine, disease and ultimately death, and the earth shall be come a paradise as it was in the beginning. the system is volatile and anything could happen at any moment, who am i to deny?
Okay then Rob.

While you wait for your God to turn up and fix everything, the rest of us will try and crack on regardless.

rc

Moves
16 Oct 09

Okay then Rob.

While you wait for your God to turn up and fix everything, the rest of us will try and crack on regardless.
how are you planning to undo the ravages of death Noobster my friend, id be real interested to hear that.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

how are you planning to undo the ravages of death Noobster my friend, id be real interested to hear that.
Firstly i'm going to kill and eat all the Christians.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

Then the Muslims.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 09

Then the Jews.

rc

Moves
16 Oct 09

Then the Jews.
you may find that Muslims and Jews may just try to bite back, but i promise i will come willingly, just dont garnish me with lettuce or tomatoe or stick an apple in my mouth, if i am gonna be eaten, at least i want to try and dissuade you first.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Oct 09

But the point also that seems to be overlooked are the things we see in the time period we are all living in and all the terrible things that are affecting us all. And all this is brought out in Matt 24 and were written a couple thousand years ago. No one with an open mind cannot look at the news and see how so many things have gotten worse and no signs of getting better, and not halfway see that these things are written in the Bible and acknowledge them...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Oct 09

Originally posted by galveston75
But the point also that seems to be overlooked are the things we see in the time period we are all living in and all the terrible things that are affecting us all. And all this is brought out in Matt 24 and were written a couple thousand years ago. No one with an open mind cannot look at the news and see how so many things have gotten worse and no signs ...[text shortened]... g better, and not halfway see that these things are written in the Bible and acknowledge them...