memorial of Christs death

memorial of Christs death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Give up on him Conrau K. He's choosing to be blind to the obvious and is just here to argue as usual.
He didn't even know what the Passion is...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Apr 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]what he fails to realise that the mass of today differs very differently from the simple
ceremony instituted by Jesus, no golden robed priests, no purple cloaks, no golden
goblets, no incense , no kissing the ruby encrusted ring of the officiating priest, its
mock worthy, the extent of the bastardisation that has taken place. They have made
it i ...[text shortened]... hat is why it is generally celebrated only on Sundays. This appears to be the ancient practice.
Well you fail to show by scripture that it is to be done daily or weekly or monthly or quarterly.
But all the festivals and passover celebrations, etc, etc, were all done annually. Since Jesus made no referance to this being any different as he no doubt would have, then anyone with any clue to past Bible events and historical knowledge would see this would clearly be the same. Is not the pagan holiday of Christmas which is supposed to be the celebration of his birth done annually? Why should the memorial of his death be different?
Think on this my friend and don't argue just to argue. If you simplify the Bible back to what it says and don't let the influance of false, man made ideas creep in, the Bible is very clear.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Well you fail to show by scripture that it is to be done daily or weekly or monthly or quarterly.
But all the festivals and passover celebrations, etc, etc, were all done annually. Since Jesus made no referance to this being any different as he no doubt would have, then anyone with any clue to past Bible events and historical knowledge would see this w t says and don't let the influance of false, man made ideas creep in, the Bible is very clear.
Since Jesus made no referance to this being any different as he no doubt would have, then anyone with any clue to past Bible events and historical knowledge would see this would clearly be the same.

Clearly not since the early Christian church from apostolic times celebrated the Lord's supper on a weekly basis.

Is not the pagan holiday of Christmas which is supposed to be the celebration of his birth done annually? Why should the memorial of his death be different?

It isn't. As I said, the commemoration of the Lord's death is an annual event. The point is that it is not the same thing as the commemoration of the Lord's supper. Surely it is no coincidence that you make the same mistakes as Robbie.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Apr 11

[b]Since Jesus made no referance to this being any different as he no doubt would have, then anyone with any clue to past Bible events and historical knowledge would see this would clearly be the same.

Clearly not since the early Christian church from apostolic times celebrated the Lord's supper on a weekly basis.

Is not the pagan holiday of C ...[text shortened]... of the Lord's death. Surely it is no coincidence that you make the same mistakes as Robbie.
Where in the "Bible" does it say it was done weekly?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 11

Where in the "Bible" does it say it was done weekly?
Where in the "Bible" does it say it was done annually?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Apr 11

Where in the "Bible" does it say it was done annually?
OK..not going to play this game. If your that easily confused by mans ideas instead of common sense and the Bible's examples of hstory, there's not much I can do to help you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 11

OK..not going to play this game. If your that easily confused by mans ideas instead of common sense and the Bible's examples of hstory, there's not much I can do to help you.
Look, it's only a game because you want it to be. Here are the known facts: 1. Scripture does not answer when the memorial of the Lord's supper is to be celebrated; and 2. the early Christian church, from apostolic times, celebrated it weekly, leaving the commemoration of the Lord's death as a separate feast day. The burden of proof is on you to give evidence that the Lord's supper is to be celebrated only annually. Clearly the early Church (which, after all, was very close to the time of the writing of the Scriptures) would not agree with you.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
13 Apr 11
1 edit

Look, it's only a game because you want it to be. Here are the known facts: 1. Scripture does not answer when the memorial of the Lord's supper is to be celebrated; and 2. the early Christian church, from apostolic times, celebrated it weekly, leaving the commemoration of the Lord's death as a separate feast day. The burden of proof is on you to give eviden all, was very close to the time of the writing of the Scriptures) would not agree with you.
I find it quite interesting that the JW's make a big deal of the comemmoration of Christ's death, yet they don't celebrate the ressurection, because they do not believe in the bodily ressurection of Christ...yet another heresy

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Apr 11

Look, it's only a game because you want it to be. Here are the known facts: 1. Scripture does not answer when the memorial of the Lord's supper is to be celebrated; and 2. the early Christian church, from apostolic times, celebrated it weekly, leaving the commemoration of the Lord's death as a separate feast day. The burden of proof is on you to give eviden ...[text shortened]... all, was very close to the time of the writing of the Scriptures) would not agree with you.
Man up and show me the scripture in the "Bible" that supports your weekly idea and we'll talk.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
14 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
because Jesus instituted it on an annual celebration, the passover. Can you find him
doing it anywhere else in the entire biblical cannon? nope neither can I. If Christ had
meant it to happen haphazardly as you say, there would be evidence of it, there is
none. We are trying to conform to the exact pattern set by Christ, even to the time
a ...[text shortened]... sat in that upper
room and had a meal with his disciples for the last time, its just awesome.
Christ is the passover literally. The substance is in and with Christ. His blood which covers the sins and judgement is passed over.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
14 Apr 11
1 edit

Man this is so deja vu !!! I hate the Catholic religion and the JW religion the same. I hate it because it's just a big pissing match. The book of Colossians speaks on this clearly.

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

And somewhere else it says no man judge for to some everyday is holy while to others it does not matter.

Manny

rc

Moves
14 Apr 11
1 edit

what he fails to realise that the mass of today differs very differently from the simple
ceremony instituted by Jesus, no golden robed priests, no purple cloaks, no golden
goblets, no incense , no kissing the ruby encrusted ring of the officiating priest, its
mock worthy, the extent of the bastardisation that has taken place. They have made
it i hat is why it is generally celebrated only on Sundays. This appears to be the ancient practice.
what a pile of bull, it was changed to a Sunday because of the Catholic churches anti Semitism, you know its true.

rc

Moves
14 Apr 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Doward
I find it quite interesting that the JW's make a big deal of the comemmoration of Christ's death, yet they don't celebrate the ressurection, because they do not believe in the bodily ressurection of Christ...yet another heresy
nope, another piece of evidence that proves beyond a doubt that you have no idea what you are talking about. why dont you hold an inquisition, get your priests to test us with torture and burn us if we are found to be heretical? It is also noted that once again you have failed to tell the forum what you know of our observance, yet you seem to have the most inflated opinions on the matter. To term it an empty ritual, must be the ultimate irony, considering what transpires at mass, it is to laugh.

rc

Moves
14 Apr 11

Originally posted by menace71
Man this is so deja vu !!! I hate the Catholic religion and the JW religion the same. I hate it because it's just a big pissing match. The book of Colossians speaks on this clearly.

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

17things which are a mere sha ...[text shortened]... it says no man judge for to some everyday is holy while to others it does not matter.

Manny
go to the K/Hall near your home Manny, you will observe a simple ceremony, no golden candlesticks, no alter boys with incense, no ruby encrusted rings to kiss, no purple robes, just simple unleavened bread and wine, in commemoration of Christ's sacrificial body and blood, which made it possible for us to come into a relationship with God on the basis of that sacrifice and to receive forgiveness for sin, cleansing our consciences.

rc

Moves
14 Apr 11
1 edit

He didn't even know what the Passion is...
Lol, you're talking to the guy who will be sitting on Sunday evening with a bottle of
Ribena and a packet of Jacobs cream crackers holding his own service and making it
up as he goes along, it is to laugh.