1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 09:43
    There's a million bucks for anyone who can prove it: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 16:44
    Originally posted by Agerg
    psychic powers ~ astrology ~ palm reading ~ ... ~ magic!
    I don't buy any of it :]

Charlatans and frauds!
    ~religions
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 19:55
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Anyone else have an opnion?
    Its not real. I guess some psychics might claim that there is some clause in their practice that causes them to be unable to prove their abilities scientifically - rather like the one used by Christians to explain the inefficacy of prayer or absence of proof for God.
    But if this was the case it would tend to rule out the common attempts to 'explain' psychic ability as being entirely natural in some way eg the comments about utilizing an extra 90% of our brain.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 20:32
    Christianity and psychic-ness are roughly the same thing; socio-psychological, not supernatural.
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Christianity and psychic-ness are roughly the same thing; socio-psychological, not supernatural.
    My opinion too. And i'm sure we'll soon have galveston and jaywill convinced too.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 01:58
    Originally posted by shorbock
    ~religions
    heh...religion was included in ~...~ :]
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 03:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    As stated before , I have communicated with other beings telepathically.
    I obviously missed this statement first time, as I see no one here has picked up on it here.

Do you mean human beings, extra-terrestrial beings or spiritual beings, and what did they say/you say to them?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 09:412 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I obviously missed this statement first time, as I see no one here has picked up on it here.

Do you mean human beings, extra-terrestrial beings or spiritual beings, and what did they say/you say to them?
    I was mesmerized by it at first. "They" were very gentle with me, as obviously I was freaking out. They took me through a few simple steps in order to teach me how to respond with my mind.
    Please note that at the time, I was completely "beside myself" , or perhaps "within myself" to the point where I dont think I could've used my mouth to speak, even if I tried.
    This first happenend when I was in my early twenties. A few more subsequent experiences of the same nature have dramatically changed my life, to the point where I became a totally different person, with totally different views.
    One thing I remember is that they said they were "alligned" with the bhudda. Just once. Other than that they used simlple words to guide me through these terrifying experiences.
    It was definatley more non-verbal than verbal.
    I believe that these entities were from an extra-terrestrial origon and the 12-13 years since hasn't convinced me otherwise.

Noteably FabianFnas recommended that I go and get hypnotized to affirm the true nature of these experiences. As I told him, I am completely open to the idea, however I am not rich enough to be hypnotized at this stage.
    I would love to be hypnotized to confirm my basic instincts about these "contacts" , but in the absence of any other explanation , I will have to go with my gut instincs about these experiences.

Similarly when I once saw a ufo I could rationally not find any other explanation to this encounter. Sure I had seen "night lights" before, and could dismiss them as something else quite easily, but when I saw a "ufo" in broad daylight, hovering right in front of me,I could not explain it as anything else. Unfortunately I was the only witness.
    I am not going say definatavely that they were pilotted by aliens or extra-terrestrials.
    All I know is that I was looking horizontally out from a hill that was about 300-400 feet high when I noticed a speck that came and "stopped on a dime" right in front of me. It was about 250 feet away. After it was stopped for what seemed like a second, It shot up with no apparent acceleration. It shot up at a very fast speed and as it did, I could feel a surge of energy that went up my chakras that matched the shooting up of the craft.

edit: I am happy to try to answer any other questions about this subject, to the best of my abilities. But the main non-verbal AND verbal message they were communicating were along the lines of people evolving and upcoming "earth changes". (I use the word "evolving" in the spiritual and not physical sense.)
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 10:50
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I would like to read your opnion on this Zahlanzi, how about I put it in straight questions so you can see what I'm asking.

Do you beleive some people have psychic ablility?
    Where do you beleive this ablility comes from? Ie God, mother Earth, we all have it or maybe the Devil.
    i personally believe that god doesn't usually tweak each human so they get extra special powers. in the old testament and the new, the prophets and apostles were not really x-men but rather conduits of god's power. they really were messengers through which god was performing.

so my belief is that god triggered evolution and through it there is a possibility some individuals might someday develop psychic powers or superstrength or invisibility. thought that begs the question why would an organism develop super speed or super strength in a world of cars and cranes.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 10:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It is in the highest degree a spiritual matter. It has nothing to do with science, but it might has to do with culture. But I would, if someone asks me descipe it as spiritual.

Didn't Jesus stare at a goat once? Telling that it was the Devil himself? Cloves, horns and tail and all...?
    jesus was the son of god.not really 100% human. he wasn't a regular person discovering he has special powers.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 11:16
    I would love to be hypnotized to confirm my basic instincts about these "contacts" , but in the absence of any other explanation , I will have to go with my gut instincs about these experiences.
    I don't think hypnosis would tell you very much at all. It might end up with you under hypnosis admitting that the experience was made up, but if that happened would you believe it?
    If the experience was genuine ie you really did communicate with someone/thing else telepathically, then I really don't see how hypnosis could confirm this.

In my discussions with you in the past, you were far too ready to 'go with your gut instincts' regardless of how unrealistic they were. You seemed to be ready to believe anything for no apparent reason other than you thought it sounded nice. Even when I showed that some of the things you were saying didn't make any sense at all, you would just brush it off and go with the next outlandish idea. It was as if you didn't really care whether what you believed was the truth or made up nonsense.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 13:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't think hypnosis would tell you very much at all. It might end up with you under hypnosis admitting that the experience was made up, but if that happened would you believe it?
    If the experience was genuine ie you really did communicate with someone/thing else telepathically, then I really don't see how hypnosis could confirm this.

In my discussi ...[text shortened]... as if you didn't really care whether what you believed was the truth or made up nonsense.
    Yes TW, I recall.

Listen. If I get regressed to these times in my life and through an independent practioner of hypnosis, for example if they say that it was just a psycological problem like shizophrenia, and that the entire event was fictional, I will more than happily admit that I was wrong. That there are no ET's I've "met". Ok.
    Its the best I can do.
    (I hope you realize that I have been corrected on these threads from time to time, and I have readily admitted my faults)
    When you say "unrealistic" , I presume you mean that we all abide by one reality.
    I do not share that view. I believe we all have our own individual definitions of reality,albeit they must confrom to some standards that we all share. (Ie ,time and space)
    Again-there is a collective reality and an individual reality of which we all share.

I will remind you that scientists have long banded together like christians,(for example),to tell us what reality is... only to find out later that the Earth was not flat,that microscopic germs do exist, etc.
    You need not concern yourself with shooting me down. I am happy if you want to add to my knowledge about the universe, but I do not go around telling christians that there was no Jesus, because I cant possibly know for sure.(Although I have postulated that Jesus is in a box-like sattelite doing hardcore penance, but this was more tounge in cheek, and a refutation of other christians claiming to know about Jesus via second-hand information.)
    If I had direct experience of Jesus , then I would inform you.
    Direct experience is the only way to know FOR CERTAIN that something exists,no?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 20:47
    I was mesmerized by it at first. "They" were very gentle with me, as obviously I was freaking out. They took me through a few simple steps in order to teach me how to respond with my mind.
    Please note that at the time, I was completely "beside myself" , or perhaps "within myself" to the point where I dont think I could've used my mouth to speak, even i ...[text shortened]... ges". (I use the word "evolving" in the spiritual and not physical sense.)
    Interesting, thanks.
  14. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 15:18
    Law enforcement has been using psychics for decades. And, before that, kings had court psychics who did the same thing.

Hypnotism is a scientifically proven tool. That comes from shamanism, not science, and is thousands of years old.

There have been professional scientific studies that prayer is effective. Here is an article on one:

http://www.1stholistic.com/Prayer/hol_prayer_proof.htm

So, I don't think folks should be quick to dismiss the possibilities.

In all the spiritual literature I have read, it says that misuse of spiritual abilities is a grave sin and should be avoided like the plague. And also, that, they are, in spiritual terms, quite juvenile. The spiritual equivalent of, say, throwing spitballs, versus doing something meaningful.

Here is a take on all this - pretty much the standard position that most relgions/spiritual paths take on the issue:

Astrology, The Supernatural And The Beyond

by Sri Chinmoy

(entire text online, free)

http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0065

(In 2007, Sri Chinmoy was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev)
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 15:29
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    Law enforcement has been using psychics for decades. And, before that, kings had court psychics who did the same thing.

Hypnotism is a scientifically proven tool. That comes from shamanism, not science, and is thousands of years old.

There have been professional scientific studies that prayer is effective. Here is an article on one:

http://www. ...[text shortened]... or the Nobel Peace Prize by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev)
    nice, astrology.

hey, do you have something that proves the harry potter series? i have wanted to build my own wand and could use the specifications.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree