1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 09:37
    Is a film based on a real recorded story or what someone beleives to be a real event or series of events as it was- of the US govenment's army group who's aim was to find an alternative way of fighting the war (WWII).

What's your take on psychic ablilities?

I just wanted to enjoy the film. Instead I had a long discussion about weather it's a possiablility and where that ablilty comes from. Can I ask your views........
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 09:48
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Is a film based on a real recorded story or what someone beleives to be a real event or series of events as it was- of the US govenment's army group who's aim was to find an alternative way of fighting the war (WWII).

I just wanted to enjoy the film. Instead I had a long discussion about weather it's a possiablility and where that ablilty comes from. Can I ask your views........
    this is not very spiritual. i think this either belongs in the science thread or the culture thread.

now if you were to ask what would be the ethics of using said powers on regular humans, if having powers make you more like god or closer to him or farther from other regular humans, we might have a topic here
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 09:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    this is not very spiritual. i think this either belongs in the science thread or the culture thread.
    It is in the highest degree a spiritual matter. It has nothing to do with science, but it might has to do with culture. But I would, if someone asks me descipe it as spiritual.

Didn't Jesus stare at a goat once? Telling that it was the Devil himself? Cloves, horns and tail and all...?
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

now if you were to ask what would be the ethics of using said powers on regular humans, if having powers make you more like god or closer to him or farther from other regular humans, we might have a topic here
    I would like to read your opnion on this Zahlanzi, how about I put it in straight questions so you can see what I'm asking.

Do you beleive some people have psychic ablility?
    Where do you beleive this ablility comes from? Ie God, mother Earth, we all have it or maybe the Devil.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It is in the highest degree a spiritual matter. It has nothing to do with science, but it might has to do with culture. But I would, if someone asks me descipe it as spiritual.

Didn't Jesus stare at a goat once? Telling that it was the Devil himself? Cloves, horns and tail and all...?
    Thank you for your support to my topic being in this forum. What's your take on it all? Have you ever met anyone who claimed to have this ablility and where do you think it comes from?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:28
    Thank you for your support to my topic being in this forum. What's your take on it all? Have you ever met anyone who claimed to have this ablility and where do you think it comes from?
    As I don't believe myself in supernatural forces nor supernatural abilities, I see it as purley spiritual phenomenon. If someone says he can walk on water, levitate, talk to the death ones, and such, I usually think, well, it's his religion.

Many people who claim to have thise kind of abilities, I think they do it for money or prestige, or some thing, and the know it, but they don't believe in it themselves.

But there are also some that actually believe in their own 'abilities'. Some of them sitting in mental hospitals, some of them should.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:29

Timothy Leary.
    He says learning about our brains is going to detremine our futures. I agree.
    Einstein said that we use 10-12% of our brains.
    Considering the implications of quantum, this leaves this field wide open, and all sorts of speculations have been made.

As stated before , I have communicated with other beings telepathically. I dont know how. I was just as shocked as a regurlar joe would have been.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    He was wrong.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He was wrong.
    Really? Is there a more updated percentage? Because....anyway, how do you know?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 11:27
    Really? Is there a more updated percentage? Because....anyway, how do you know?
    That was the idea in the times of Einstein. We know very much more than the experts of that time. Furthermore, Einstein was not an expert of neurobilology. And lastly, nothing is true only becaue Einstein said it.

If you want to know the truth? Then google modern information in the subject.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 18:32

I think most psychics are self deluded or simply dishonest. Those who are closest to being "real psychics" in my opinion would be very spiritual and intuitive people who are good at meditating and tapping into their own subconscious and bringing out others' subconscious access too. It's a perfectly materialistic psychosocial phenomenon.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 18:34
    No he didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10%25_of_brain_myth
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 18:48
    to YO ITS ME
    psychic abilities are real, but the normal lay person can,t accsess them, unless they practice.
    practice exersises the psychic muscles

cheers vishvahetu
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 18:565 edits
    psychic powers ~ astrology ~ palm reading ~ ... ~ magic!
    I don't buy any of it :]

Charlatans and frauds!
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 08:23
    Okay, so to sumarise, we have here;
    Of people who beleive it's all a load of nothing-FabianFnas and Agerg

Of people who beleive it's all for real and safe to practice-vishvahetu and karoly aczel

Both- Thousand young

Here's what I think; I think it's real and not safe to practice, I think anyone can do it and I think the ability comes from the deceiver, the devil.
    I look at the world in a black and white way, no grey.

Anyone else have an opnion?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree