1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You mentioned that there were 400 messianic prophecies. How many mention "Jesus"?
    I have stated that i do not know Gerald or cannot thank of any off hand.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have stated that i do not know Gerald.
    So on what basis do you 'know' - and claim - that there are "about 400"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do any of the reasons surrounding any of the 400 you cited also "evade" you?

Is Isaiah 2:2-4 one of the 400 you mentioned?
    yawn, please troll somewhere else, we are trying to have a discussion, i will not have
    you turning it into your usual farce.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So on what basis do you 'know' - and claim - that there are "about 400"?
    on the basis that i read it in a book by Alfred Edersheim , the life and times of the
    messiah. which lists them at the back, Gerald.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:12
    yawn, please troll somewhere else, we are trying to have a discussion, i will not have
    you turning it into your usual farce.
    I think my questions are pretty straight forward and address head on a claim you have made on this thread.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:13
    on the basis that i read it in a book by Alfred Edersheim , the life and times of the
    messiah. which lists them at the back.
    But if, as you said, "Jesus is not mentioned in the passage" there is no particular reason to believe that they are messianic prophecies, right? That's your stance?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think my questions are pretty straight forward and address head on a claim you have made on this thread.
    no, you do what you always do Gerald, you completely ignored any reference to the
    actual content of the prophecy and instead you are asking irrelevant questions. If you
    are interested, state why you think it is a messianic prophecy, If you are interested
    provide other examples, but no, the usual drivel.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:15
    indeed they do, there are, after all, about 400 or so written in the sacred text.
    there aren't quiet that many, and the few actual ones there are, jesus failed to fulfill.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    But if, as you said, "Jesus is not mentioned in the passage" there is no particular reason to believe that they are messianic prophecies, right? That's your stance?
    I have stated that i think that it probably is a messianic prophecy although it does not
    mention Christ by name, although i cannot think of any valid reasons to substantiate
    why it is considered a messianic prophecy, this is my position Gerald, if you have
    reasons why you consider it to be a messianic prophecy then let those reasons be
    heard, otherwise, troll elsewhere Gerald.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:19
    no, you do what you always do Gerald, you completely ignored any reference to the
    actual content of the prophecy and instead you are asking irrelevant questions. If you
    are interested, state why you think it is a messianic prophecy, If you are interested
    provide other examples, but no, the usual drivel.
    You made the claim about there being 400 messianic prophecies, not me. It now seems that, according to you, Isaiah 2:2-4 is specifically NOT one of the 400 because, as you pointed out, "Jesus is not mentioned in the passage". If we apply the same criterion to the 400, do we still have "about 400" or does it fall to 300, or 200, or perhaps even less?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:191 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    there aren't quiet that many, and the few actual ones there are, jesus failed to fulfill.
    Alfred Edersheim seems to think so, but then again, he was only a Biblical scholar of
    international renown and a former Jew who became a Christian and your qualifications
    are, disgruntled secular liberalist, neeeext!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You made the claim about there being 400 messianic prophecies, not me. It now seems that, according to you, Isaiah 2:2-4 is specifically NOT one of the 400 because, as you pointed out, "Jesus is not mentioned in the passage". If we apply the same criterion to the 400, do we still have "about 400" or does it fall to 300, or 200, or perhaps even less?
    No Gerald i have stated nothing specific at all, you are havering as usual, either pony
    uo something relevant or troll somewhere else. lets ask you some questions Gerald
    shall we, why do you think it is a messianic prophecy.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:22
    I have stated that i think that it probably is a messianic prophecy although it does not
    mention Christ by name, although i cannot think of any valid reasons to substantiate
    why it is considered a messianic prophecy, this is my position Gerald, if you have
    reasons why you consider it to be a messianic prophecy then let those reasons be
    heard, otherwise, troll elsewhere Gerald.
    So now Isaiah 2:2-4 is a messianic prophecy but you "cannot think of any valid reasons to substantiate why it is considered a messianic prophecy", that is your stance? And the other 400 or so are also as vague and arbitrary as this, are they?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    So now Isaiah 2:2-4 [b]is a messianic prophecy but you "cannot think of any valid reasons to substantiate why it is considered a messianic prophecy", that is your stance? And the other 400 or so are also as vague and arbitrary as this, are they?[/b]
    Gerald, would you like a banana?
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Oct '12 17:23
    Alfred Edersheim seems to think so, but then again, he was only a Biblical scholar of
    international renown and a former Jew who became a Christian and your qualifications
    are, disgruntled secular liberalist, neeeext!
    it's completely irrelevant what alfred edersheim believes or has written down. he is not here making those claims, you are.

the fact remains that all those alleged "400" prophecies can apply to anyone, but only the messiah can fulfill the actual messianic prophecies. jesus fuliflled *zero* of these prophecies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree