Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Sure? Aren't you a true christian? Christians use to hate homosexuals, don't they? And you are a christian, you say? Perhaps you are not a real christian, robbie?
Fabian, my dear friend and antagonist, you must, in your mind, differentiate between the person and the act. the person is not condemned, for they have a chance to change, if they have knowledge that their act is wrong, we, as Christians are under duress to show love to the person, the act on the other hand is clearly condemned, we are under no duress to love what they do. is it not perfectly simple and clear?

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Fabian, my dear friend and antagonist, you must, in your mind, differentiate between the person and the act. the person is not condemned, for they have a chance to change, if they have knowledge that their act is wrong, we, as Christians are under duress to show love to the person, the act on the other hand is clearly condemned, we are under no duress to love what they do. is it not perfectly simple and clear?
So you love who they are, but hate what they do, right? The true nature of a christian homophobia. 🙂

If they deny their homosexuality, they are alright, but when they express their love, they are bad, bad, bad. Is this how you feel, robbie? 🙂

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

So you love who they are, but hate what they do, right? The true nature of a christian homophobia. 🙂

If they deny their homosexuality, they are alright, but when they express their love, they are bad, bad, bad. Is this how you feel, robbie? 🙂
whether they deny their homosexuality or not is none of my business, i do not judge them thankfully, but if they remain in a course of action contrary to scripture with full knowledge, then, well, they have God to contend with.

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

whether they deny their homosexuality or not is none of my business, i do not judge them thankfully, but if they remain in a course of action contrary to scripture with full knowledge, then, well, they have God to contend with.
So you are a christian after all. You say that you don't accept them who they are, you say that god shares this attitude with you. That's a sign of homophobia, don't you think? You cover it up with the good ol' scripture so you don't have to take responsibility for your hatred toward them, but it's still there, your christian hatred. Right? 🙂

By the whay, where's the verse that says that homosexuality is a sin? I bet you don't know... 🙂

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

So you are a christian after all. You say that you don't accept them who they are, you say that god shares this attitude with you. That's a sign of homophobia, don't you think? You cover it up with the good ol' scripture so you don't have to take responsibility for your hatred toward them, but it's still there, your christian hatred. Right? 🙂

By the whay, where's the verse that says that homosexuality is a sin? I bet you don't know... 🙂
which one, there are lots of them!

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

which one, there are lots of them!
Again you don't know the bible. Are you a real christian or are you pretending? 🙂

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09

Again you don't know the bible. Are you a real christian or are you pretending? 🙂
sigh...

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. Romans 1:26,27

What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

‘And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.' - Leviticus 18:22

Now we know that the Law is fine provided one handles it lawfully in the knowledge of this fact, that law is promulgated, not for a righteous man, but for persons lawless and unruly, ungodly and sinners, lacking loving-kindness, and profane, murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, manslayers, fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, false swearers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching according to the glorious good news of the happy God, with which I was entrusted. 1 Timothy 8:1-11

‘And when a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them.' - Leviticus 20:13

😀

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

What's unbelievable is that you both remain blind and deaf to the hypocrisy that you both exhibit. Such is the extent of your bigotry.[/b]
2Cor 4: 3,4...

T

Moves
01 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
2Cor 4: 3,4...
Like I said earlier:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

Those of you who choose to ostracize homosexuals, yet continue to sin, are hypocrites. Those of you who choose to ostracize homosexuals, yet don't ostracize those who are gluttons, greedy, etc. are hypocrites. You speak of not "picking and choosing", yet you pick and choose which sins require ostracization. Those of you who declare a "sad state of morals and mentality', yet to continue to sin yourselves are hypocrites. Those of you who say "It isn't any man on this earth that will judge us, only God", yet judge homosexuals as unfit to be a part of your congregation, are hypocrites.

If you ever wonder why "Christians" have a reputation for being hypocrites, you need only look in the mirror. What a sorry display.

You remain blind to the truth that you're a hypocrite.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Like I said earlier:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the at a sorry display.

You remain blind to the truth that you're a hypocrite.
You remain blind to the truth that you're a hypocrite

who said that!

T

Moves
01 Jul 09

You remain blind to the truth that you're a hypocrite

who said that!
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

sigh...

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in th ...[text shortened]... y should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them.' - Leviticus 20:13

😀
I will concentrate on Leviticus if it's alright with you? The others seems to have Leviticus as a root anyway.
I will show why chapter 18 and 20 is not applicable, why they are not worth to take into concideration, is this okay with you?

This will be fun! 🙂 Me, a non-christian, will teach a christian about the bible!

But you have to take me serious on this, not joke it away, you have to take my words into deep consideration, right? Because if you decide to think that Fabian doesn't know anything, everything he says is wrong and false, then this will be of no point whatsoever. I'm serious, you are serious, you can learn something.

Is this okay by you? If so, tell me and I'll start with lesson one. If not, tell me and we go and do something else, like play chess or something more meaningful.

Agree?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Jul 09

I will concentrate on Leviticus if it's alright with you? The others seems to have Leviticus as a root anyway.
I will show why chapter 18 and 20 is not applicable, why they are not worth to take into concideration, is this okay with you?

This will be fun! 🙂 Me, a non-christian, will teach a christian about the bible!

But you have to take me seri ...[text shortened]... me and we go and do something else, like play chess or something more meaningful.

Agree?
I for one am very interested in what you have to say.

F

Moves
01 Jul 09

Originally posted by duecer
I for one am very interested in what you have to say.
You're welcome, of course, but the lesson is for robbie. He needs to know one and two things about the bible of his.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Jul 09

Once again homosexuality rears it's ugly head for the Christians. It's like the annoying relative at family get togethers that nobody likes but tries to ignore.

I have trouble imagining why the creator of everything would be so concerned about where gay men go sticking their willies. Why is God troubled with what goes on in peoples bedrooms?? Is he some sort of pervert? Did he have a bad sexual experience when he was younger?

Robbie - I can't work out whether you're for real or just plain dim. In the science forum you launched a tirade about 'labels', and he your are doing the exactly the same!!! What are you going on about??

You also lambasted us for not thinking originally and how we just follow the thoughts of others, and your line on homsexuality is 'i'm just following scripture, don't shoot the messenger'. Cannot you not see the blatant contradcistions you've been coming out with.

My main grief with the Christian view on homosexuality is this, replace the word homosexual with Jew, or Black, and then see how you feel about it then.