1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 12:501 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Did you not claim that "there are greater issue here than my conscience...that being the sanctity of the congregation."? If you so believe in this sanctity, you should remove yourself. To not do so is hypocrisy.

So, you believe your lying is "involuntary"? You believe that you have no choice but to lie?
    i have not lied, these are your insinuations, and like the serpent himself, you accuse us day and night.

the accuser of our brothers (Satan) has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night....Revelation 12:10

🙂
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i have not lied, these are your insinuations, and like the serpent himself, you accuse us day and night.

the accuser of our brothers (Satan) has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night....Revelation 12:10

🙂
    From earlier posts:

RC: ""I have not condemned them, they are free to practice as they wish, I have not imposed upon their freedom in any way..."

TOO: "This is a lie. You support their removal from the congregation ..., so you do believe in imposing upon their freedom in at least one way."

RC: "Yes..."

To deny this is yet another lie. "Involuntary" again?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 13:541 edit
    From earlier posts:

RC: ""I have not condemned them, they are free to practice as they wish, [b]I have not imposed upon their freedom in any way...
    "

TOO: "This is a lie. You support their removal from the congregation ..., so you do believe in imposing upon their freedom in at least one way."

RC: "Yes..."

To deny this is yet another lie. "Involuntary" again?[/b]
    as has al;ready been pointed out to you, this is not the exercise of my conscience, this is simply a congregational requirement.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 14:03
    as has al;ready been pointed out to you, this is not the exercise of my conscience, this is simply a congregational requirement.
    You support this "congregational requirement" and therefore support imposing on their freedom.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:07
    You support this "congregational requirement" and therefore support imposing on their freedom.
    what would you have us do thinkofone, simply ignore the biblical principles involved, disregard the words of Moses and Paul, and carry on regardless?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:23
    what would you have us do thinkofone, simply ignore the biblical principles involved, disregard the words of Moses and Paul, and carry on regardless?
    You're just talking in circles. By playing these games you fool no one but yourself.

If you're going to support the removal of homosexuals, you need to support the removal of all those who continue to sin. This includes yourself. To not do so is hypocrisy and goes against the teachings of Jesus.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:26
    You're just talking in circles. By playing these games you fool no one but yourself.

If you're going to support the removal of homosexuals, you need to support the removal of all those who continue to sin. This includes yourself. To not do so is hypocrisy and goes against the teachings of Jesus.
    answer the question thinkofone, are we simply to disregard the words of Paul and Moses?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:351 edit
    answer the question thinkofone, are we simply to disregard the words of Paul and Moses?
    You are to simply follow the words of Jesus. Read the words of Jesus:

John 8:32-36
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free'?"
    Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

You are to continue in HIS words, i.e., follow His teachings and commandments. Only then are you a true disciple. Only then will you know the truth. Only then will the truth make you free of committing sin. If you continue to commit sin, you are not a true disciple of Jesus.

Jesus does not say to continue in the words of Moses or Paul. He says to continue in HIS words.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 16:27
    You are to simply follow the words of Jesus. Read the words of Jesus:

John 8:32-36
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved ...[text shortened]... es not say to continue in the words of Moses or Paul. He says to continue in HIS words.
    so we are according to your reasoning, to disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ, which would seem quite strange, for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 16:572 edits
    so we are according to your reasoning, to disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ, which would seem quite strange, for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'.
    It's nothing but the usual antics with you. Just go off on tangent after tangent. In a few posts you'll probably once again be denying that you are a liar and that you are a hypocrite.

Does Jesus say that God's word is truth or that the Bible is truth?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 17:01
    He's a picker and a grinner!!!! Picks some and then grins about it...Lol.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 17:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    He's a picker and a grinner!!!! Picks some and then grins about it...Lol.
    You pick and choose, but don't have enough integrity to admit it even to yourself. You pick that which allows you to use the Bible to further your bigotry. I pick the teachings of Jesus.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 18:17
    It's nothing but the usual antics with you. Just go off on tangent after tangent. In a few posts you'll probably once again be denying that you are a liar and that you are a hypocrite.

Does Jesus say that God's word is truth or that the Bible is truth?
    well considering that the Greek scriptures were not written until after Jesus uttered his words, he must be referring to the Torah, the prophets and the Psalms, in other words, the Hebrew portion of scripture, what else could he have in mind?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 18:38
    well considering that the Greek scriptures were not written until after Jesus uttered his words, he must be referring to the Torah, the prophets and the Psalms, in other words, the Hebrew portion of scripture, what else could he have in mind?
    I just wanted to make sure you recognized the timing, since you made the following claim:
    "...for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'."

Clearly Jesus did not state this of the Bible. You made an obviously illogical inference as you often seem to do.

That said, if you are alluding to John 17:17, I suggest you read the entire chapter and tell me if Jesus "must be speaking of the Torah".
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 19:51
    I just wanted to make sure you recognized the timing, since you made the following claim:
    "...for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'."

Clearly Jesus did not state this of the Bible. You made an obviously illogical inference as you often seem to do.

That said, if you are alluding to John 17:17, I suggest you read the entire chapter and tell me if Jesus "must be speaking of the Torah".
    Christ quoted consistently form the Torah, the Psalms and the Prophets, he observed the teachings and taught others to do the same, i suggest you read the Bible in its entirety instead of picking the portions that suit you as if you were in a convenience store buying breakfast cereal, oh, and while we are here, you have still not told us whether we should discount the words of Moses and or Paul, and yes, you shall not slither out of it so easily, well should we?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree