Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
02 Jul 09

A seagull why?

rc

Moves
02 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by daniel58
A seagull why?
so that i could fly away and maybe meet Jaywill in Virginia?, and Deucer in Ohio? and Galveston in California, and Blackbeetle in Greece and I have another friend who has a little girl, also from Greece, it would be cool to see them, don't you think it would be cool to be a seagull you could just fly wherever you wanted to go?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
I would like to correct the misunderstanding of some that the Bible teaches that a homosexual person cannot have eternal redemption. But this will be brief.

All manner of sins will be forgiven men and women. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins. Therefore whether a thief, a kidnapper, an extortioner, a fornicator, an adulteror, a drunkard, to allow Jesus to foundamentally transform one from these continued habits.
Since when did homosexuality become a 'habit'?

'I think i'll be gay today, i won't be on Tuesday, but i will be on Thursday afternoon'.

T

Moves
02 Jul 09
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
who else's point of view am i supposed to put across, Fabians, Jaywills, Noobsters, do they not also have their own minds and evaluations even as you do ? i agreed to an interrogative discussion, i did not expect to simply passively sit with my hands under my bum, mouth open, catching flies and staring into the cosmos and wishing i was a seagull so that i could fly to America and meet some friends there, even though i do wish i was a seagull.
Actually you agreed that he was to be the teacher and you the student. That you'd listen to lesson he had to give you. Instead you started doing many of the things he said he didn't want you to do. He repeatedly tried to reign you in, but you continued to go your own way. I don't know if he has anything of value to say, but he'll never get it out so long as you keep taking it off track with your usual antics which he took great pains to get you to refrain from.

rc

Moves
02 Jul 09

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Actually you agreed that he was to be the teacher and you the student. That you'd listen to lesson he had to give you. Instead you started doing many of the things he said he didn't want you to do. He repeatedly tried to reign you in, but you continued to go your own way. I don't know if he has anything of value to say, but he'll never get it out so long ...[text shortened]... ng it off track with your usual antics which he took great pains to get you to refrain from.
so in your mind i should have remained entirely passive, if that is the case then why not just post a comment?

T

Moves
03 Jul 09

so in your mind i should have remained entirely passive, if that is the case then why not just post a comment?
C'mon, there's a serious amount of room between your usual antics and being "entirely passive".

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Jul 09

who else's point of view am i supposed to put across, Fabians, Jaywills, Noobsters, do they not also have their own minds and evaluations even as you do ? i agreed to an interrogative discussion, i did not expect to simply passively sit with my hands under my bum, mouth open, catching flies and staring into the cosmos and wishing i was a seagull so that i could fly to America and meet some friends there, even though i do wish i was a seagull.
Knowing someone elses point of view helps you understand your own better. this may be a growing edge for you Robbie. You could listen to what Fabian has to say, and then politely say I think you are wrong and here's why....

T

Moves
03 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Since when did homosexuality become a 'habit'?

'I think i'll be gay today, i won't be on Tuesday, but i will be on Thursday afternoon'.
Just ask any heterosexual. It's easy to cultivate interest in the opposite sex. Therefore any interest in the same sex must a result of cultivating a bad habit as it is with a thief, a kidnapper, an extortioner, a fornicator, an adulterer or a drunkard. What's more it's unimaginable to cultivate interest in the opposite sex in the first place. At least with a thief, a kidnapper, an extortioner, a fornicator, an adulterer or a drunkard there may be extenuating circumstances which can make it somewhat understandable. That makes homosexuality particularly heinous and must be dealt with more harshly than all the other sins. It's just common sense.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
Knowing someone elses point of view helps you understand your own better. this may be a growing edge for you Robbie. You could listen to what Fabian has to say, and then politely say I think you are wrong and here's why....
Yes Duecer I think you are correct, that is why we post, i read your opinion, I evaluate it, I think yes Duecer has as far as I can determine a valid point and I assimilate it, if I do not think it is valid, am I not at liberty to say so, why I think its not valid? this is the exchange if ideas, but it is not teaching, for it appears to me that a teacher should help a pupil to draw his own conclusions, not simply provide the answers.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 09

Just ask any heterosexual. It's easy to cultivate interest in the opposite sex. Therefore any interest in the same sex must a result of cultivating a bad habit as it is with a thief, a kidnapper, an extortioner, a fornicator, an adulterer or a drunkard. What's more it's unimaginable to cultivate interest in the opposite sex in the first place. At least wi ...[text shortened]... heinous and must be dealt with more harshly than all the other sins. It's just common sense.
are you being sarcastic or has the worm turned?

F

Moves
03 Jul 09

Just ask any heterosexual. It's easy to cultivate interest in the opposite sex. Therefore any interest in the same sex must a result of cultivating a bad habit
Has your spirituality rendered you sexless? This assertion of yours suggests you have no understanding whatsoever of sexual attraction. If that is so, I don't need the details. Are you saying it's "easy" for a homosexual to "cultivate interest in the opposite sex"? If you are being sarcastic or lampooning bigotry in some way - due to an earlier exchange in the thread - then I apologize. You aren't being serious are you?

T

Moves
03 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
Has your spirituality rendered you sexless? This assertion of yours suggests you have no understanding whatsoever of sexual attraction. If that is so, I don't need the details. Are you saying it's "easy" for a homosexual to "cultivate interest in the opposite sex"? If you are being sarcastic or lampooning bigotry in some way - due to an earlier exchange in the thread - then I apologize. You aren't being serious are you?
You'd hope that such a ridiculous post containing such ridiculously flawed thinking could only be taken as the most bitter sarcasm, but - like a bright red circle painted on a bright red background - evidently it doesn't stand out enough amongst the opinions of some which have been posted on this thread and elsewhere.

F

Moves
03 Jul 09

You'd hope that such a ridiculous post containing such ridiculously flawed thinking could only be taken as the most bitter sarcasm, but - like a bright red circle painted on a bright red background - evidently it doesn't stand out enough amongst the opinions of some which have been posted on this thread and elsewhere.
That's what I thought. I rarely venture to Spirituality because it's awash with what I consider to be hatespeech. I had to check. Sorry.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 09
2 edits

oh, touchy touchy touchy, i thought that you had aspirations of going to heaven and becoming 'sexless', as one of the angels. 😉

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Jul 09

oh, touchy touchy touchy, i thought that you had aspirations of going to heaven and becoming 'sexless', as one of the angels. 😉
Robbie, do you believe homosexuality to be a 'habit'?