1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 18:13
    Originally posted by duecer
    He's not a main stream artist, its hard for those "indie" groups to break through
    what about The Jesus Mary Chain?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 18:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They were guided by their conscience which allows them to distinguish right from wrong - thank you Raj,

now you will be pleased to answer, what guided their conscience?, was it a self examination and process of elimination, killing is bad, i cannot do it, was it the watchtower society and their brainwashing publications, yes i am being brainwashe ...[text shortened]... yes i understand that the teachings of Christ rule out taking another human life, which was it!
    I ANSWERED YOURS.

YOU ANSWER MINE.

OR THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 18:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I ANSWERED YOURS.

YOU ANSWER MINE.

OR THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER.
    touchy touchy touchy! i think that by your taking the fifth, you incriminate yourself and we can rest assured that those people did not die as a result of brainwashing, therefore we are forced to conclude that it was as a direct consequence of the operation of their conscience, thus your futile attempts to give credence to the idea that they are brainwashed are refuted, for it is one thing to talk the talk, quite another to walk the walk!
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 18:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I can relate to some of what you are saying. I have met a few JW's and other than disagreeing with some of their theology, such as Jesus Christ being the archeangel Michael and for which there is no Biblical evidence, I found that the organization is very controlling. One guy who comes to mind that I spoke to was one of the nicest men I have ever met yet he ...[text shortened]... s is an organization/personality instead of God and from all indications this would qualify.
    I always remember a boy from school who's family was JW. He had a real hard time when he told his family that he didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I can't remember the specifics as it was a long time ago, but he eventually went off the rails and was moved schools.

To show a balanced point of view, a friend of a friend started dating a Muslim girl, and he suffered intimidation, including having his windows smashed by her brothers, from members of her family who were outraged she could be with a white Christian man. Needless to say the relationship didn't last, but she was a tad crazy.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 19:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I always remember a boy from school who's family was JW. He had a real hard time when he told his family that he didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I can't remember the specifics as it was a long time ago, but he eventually went off the rails and was moved schools.

To show a balanced point of view, a friend of a friend started dating a Muslim gir ...[text shortened]... white Christian man. Needless to say the relationship didn't last, but she was a tad crazy.
    The thing to remember here is that no matter what religion your in, we as humans are all imperfect and don't always react in a rational way or as we should in a given situation. So to say this or that religion is all wrong because someone reacted in some crazy way and then say they must all be that way would be wrong. And we all react in different ways if something is forced upon us no matter the age. If something is not for you then don't do it. But most competent parents would want what they believe to be the right course in life to be excepted by their children. And most would get upset if their child doesn't do that. Wouldn't that be somewhat true with any religion?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 19:37
    touchy touchy touchy! i think that by your taking the fifth, you incriminate yourself and we can rest assured that those people did not die as a result of brainwashing, therefore we are forced to conclude that it was as a direct consequence of the operation of their conscience, thus your futile attempts to give credence to the idea that they are brainwashed are refuted, for it is one thing to talk the talk, quite another to walk the walk!
    Mohammed Ali (not a JW) went to prison for refusing to serve in the war. His conscience told him that was wrong and he refused to do it.

Now what does that have to do with all the RUBBISH that Jehovah Witnesses are preaching ?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 19:54
    Mohammed Ali (not a JW) went to prison for refusing to serve in the war. His conscience told him that was wrong and he refused to do it.

Now what does that have to do with all the RUBBISH that Jehovah Witnesses are preaching ?
    it has already been pointed out that not only Jehovahs witnesses but others also went into the concentration camps, and one must of course thank you for your admittance that it was a conscience based decision, not the act of brainwashing as you have erroneously asserted, which concentration camp was Ali in? oh i see it was a cozy prison, not one of the Nazi death camps, never the less, its an admirable stance to take, dont you think.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:08
    it has already been pointed out that not only Jehovahs witnesses but others also went into the concentration camps, and one must of course thank you for your admittance that it was a conscience based decision, not the act of brainwashing as you have erroneously asserted, which concentration camp was Ali in? oh i see it was a cozy prison, not one of the Nazi death camps, never the less, its an admirable stance to take, dont you think.
    LOL ... so what does that have to do with the leaders of the JW organisation brainwashing the followers and insisting that they do not read other material etc etc. Please read the previous posts. You are totally off the point.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:50
    LOL ... so what does that have to do with the leaders of the JW organisation brainwashing the followers and insisting that they do not read other material etc etc. Please read the previous posts. You are totally off the point.
    You don't get it.....not once have I ever heard from the stage at the Hall or from anyone from the WBTC to not read any other material. But we do use common sense to not read any propaganda. You need to GET IT and GET OVER IT!!!!
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:51
    Michael Jackson did die.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    ... But we do use common sense to not read any propaganda...
    And how do you know its propaganda?
    Do you read it?
    Do you let others tell you that its propaganda ?
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:55
    Elvis died.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 21:10
    And how do you know its propaganda?
    Do you read it?
    Do you let others tell you that its propaganda ?
    Yes and no...
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 21:13
    Yes and no...
    SO you do read propaganda?
    First you said ".. But we do use common sense to not read any propaganda..:
  15. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 21:14
    If Jesus were back on earth today and preaching the messages he did when he was first here, and both died today, who would be more popular, Jesus or Michael Jackson?
    Let's see...

Jesus Christ - Son of God, Absolute Wisdom, Absolute Power...

Michael Jackson- Psycho, Drug Abuser, Musician...

Gee, that's a real difficult choice alright!! 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree