Michael the archangel revisited

Michael the archangel revisited

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
16 Jun 15
2 edits

(Jude 9) But when Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was
disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgement against him in
abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.”

(1 Thessalonians 4:16) because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a
commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who
are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

Is Jesus Christ the same person as Michael the archangel?

The name of this Michael appears only five times in the Bible. The glorious spirit
person who bears the name is referred to as “one of the chief princes,” “the great
prince who has charge of your [Daniel’s] people,” and as “the archangel.” (Dan.
10:13; 12:1; Jude 9, RS) Michael means “Who Is Like God?”

At 1 Thessalonians 4:16 (RS), the command of Jesus Christ for the resurrection to
begin is described as “the archangel’s call,” and Jude 9 says that the archangel is
Michael. Would it be appropriate to liken Jesus’ commanding call to that of someone
lesser in authority? Reasonably, then, the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ.
(Interestingly, the expression “archangel” is never found in the plural in the
Scriptures, thus implying that there is only one.)

Revelation 12:7-12 says that Michael and his angels would war against Satan and
hurl him and his wicked angels out of heaven in connection with the conferring of
kingly authority on Christ. Jesus is later depicted as leading the armies of heaven in
war against the nations of the world. (Rev. 19:11-16) Is it not reasonable that Jesus
would also be the one to take action against the one he described as “ruler of this
world,” Satan the Devil? (John 12:31) Daniel 12:1 (RS) associates the ‘standing up
of Michael’ to act with authority with “a time of trouble, such as never has been
since there was a nation till that time.” That would certainly fit the experience of the
nations when Christ as heavenly executioner takes action against them. So the
evidence indicates that the Son of God was known as Michael before he came to
earth and is known also by that name since his return to heaven where he resides
as the glorified spirit Son of God.

nuff said.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Robbie says

So the evidence indicates that the Son of God was known as Michael before he came to earth and is known also by that name since his return to heaven where he resides

After the ascension of Jesus Christ He is still in heaven as "the man Christ Jesus"

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." ( 1 Timothy 2:5)

Today there IS the man Christ Jesus as Mediator between God and men in heaven.

After the ascension of Jesus Christ He foretold that He would come again as "the Son of Man".

" ... And the high priest said to Him, I charge You to swear by the living God to tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.

And Jesus said to him, You have said rightly. Nevertheless I say to you, From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matt. 26:63b,64)

In resurrection Christ was "the Son of Man" - He is still a man.

"And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me; and when I turned, I saw ... One like the Son of Man ..." (Rev. 1:12,13)

At the last rapture He is seated upon the cloud as "the Son of Man" reaping the ripened believers from the earth.

"And I saw, and behold, there was a white cloud, and on the cloud One like the Son of Man sitting, having a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand." (Rev. 14:14)

In His ascension to heaven He was seen arriving before the Ancient of Days - the Father, as "the Son of Man".

"I watched in the night visions, And there with the clouds of heaven One like the Son of Man was coming, And He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him." (Daniel 7:13)

After His ascension to heaven Stephen, the first Christian martyr saw Jesus as "the Son of Man".

"And he [Stephen] said, Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." ( Acts 7:56)

In His return to the earth to be the fulfillment of Jacob's dream in Genesis 28 He prophesies that He would be seen as "the Son of Man".

"And He said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, You shall see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man." (John 1:51)

As God-man, ever since the resurrection, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and FOREVER a glorified MAN -

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

As a Godman, Jesus Christ has an eternal priesthood, not ending with the church age, not ending at the end of the millennium, and not ending ever.

"But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable. Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them." (Hebrews 7:24,25)

"The Lord has sworn and will not regret it, You are a Priest forever." (Hebrews 7:21b)

In the final judgment of the world He is still a man.

"Because He [God] has set a day in which He is to judge the world in righteousness by the man whom He has designated, having furnished proof to all by raising Him from the dead." (Acts 17:31)

In resurrection, in ascension, in His second coming, in His reigning as a Priest and King forever, in the last judgment, and in eternity He will never put off again His humanity. He is the glorified Godman forever.

rc

Moves
17 Jun 15
1 edit

sonship has publicly stated that he refuses to read my posts, what he is doing in my thread is known only to him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jun 15

(Jude 9) But when Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was
disputing about Moses’ body, he did not dare to bring a judgement against him in
abusive terms, but said: “May Jehovah rebuke you.”

(1 Thessalonians 4:16) because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a
commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and wit ...[text shortened]... since his return to heaven where he resides

nuff said.
That is unfortunately the same kind of faulty logic that trinitarians use to confuse God and Christ. God and Christ are separate and distinct entities. Christ and angels are also separate and distinct. Archangel is simply a 'chief angel', but still an angel. God has placed Christ above ALL angels including Michael the archangel. Whether there is one or many archangels is of no consequence.

To which of the angels did God say "this is my beloved son" ? NONE.! End of story.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 15

sonship has publicly stated that he refuses to read my posts, what he is doing in my thread is known only to him.
Robbie, why are you always going on about Jesus being the Archangel Michael?

😉

rc

Moves
17 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Robbie, why are you always going on about Jesus being the Archangel Michael?

😉
I am not, infact you seem more concerned with it than me.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 15

I am not, infact you seem more concerned with it than me.
Hence the mischievous emoticon sir.

I asked you about Jesus being the Archangel Michael. You then create a thread to explain Jesus being the Archangel Michael. I then ask you why you are always going on about Jesus being the Archangel Michael.

The Ghost sees great humour in that.

rc

Moves
17 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Hence the mischievous emoticon sir.

I asked you about Jesus being the Archangel Michael. You then create a thread to explain Jesus being the Archangel Michael. I then ask you why you are always going on about Jesus being the Archangel Michael.

The Ghost sees great humour in that.
If it raised a smile great ghost, tis enough for me 😀

Moves
17 Jun 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
To which of the angels did God say "this is my beloved son" ? NONE.! End of story.
Zing!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jun 15
3 edits

That is unfortunately the same kind of faulty logic that trinitarians use to confuse God and Christ. God and Christ are separate and distinct entities.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, you are still ignorant.

If Christ and God are "separate," then the Apostle John would not say that to be IN the Son of God is to be in the true God and eternal life.

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 1:20)

If you examine the verse carefully you will see that to be "in Him who is true" is also to be "in His Son Jesus Christ" .

So they are distinct but not separated. And to be in Him who is true, IE. in His Son Jesus Christ is to be in the true God.

"This" Who is the true God and eternal life, refers to "Him who is true, ... His Son Jesus Christ".

You are in some kind of halfway house. You know Jesus Christ is not Michael the angel. But you don't know that He is the true God and eternal life.

You occupy some kind of halfway house, not fully unbiblical yet not fully biblical either.

Moves
17 Jun 15

God and Christ are separate and distinct entities.
Do you believe in the deity of Jesus Christ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jun 15

The eternal purpose of God is to be mingled with man.
Christ is the Firstborn not only of all creation. He also the Firstborn from among the dead.

He takes the lead to lead man out of the realm of death of every kind to the mingling of God with man.

If you have been born again it is for the final and ultimate mingling of He who was born into you and you - the "organic" mingling of God and man.

rc

Moves
17 Jun 15
3 edits

Originally posted by sonship
Christ is the Firstborn not only of all creation. He also the Firstborn from among the dead.

He takes the lead to lead man out of the realm of death of every kind to the mingling of God with man.

If you have been born again it is for the final and ultimate mingling of He who was born into you and you - the "organic" mingling of God and man.
Gods unchangeable purpose was and still is for the earth to become a paradise and be populated with perfect humans, it has not changed since Eden and just how this Biblical fact has evaded you is in itself quite astonishing.

We have already proven that your 'mingling', is satanic for it was Satan himself who stated, 'you will become just like God', the very same doctrine that you yourself are now parroting.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you believe in the deity of Jesus Christ?
Both God and his son Jesus are divine entities.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship

Not a million miles away from Buddhist belief.

I recall the analogy of man being like salt and his purpose being to dissolve himself into the oneness of the ocean.