1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 00:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont believe you Joseph, your opinions are meaningless without any substantiating reason, for example, 'that's obtuse', meaningless, 'the translation has been altered', meaningless drivel, evidence nil, 'i am at a loss for words', no one cares whether you are at a loss for words Jospeh, its meaningless in this context, do you understand? Your opini ...[text shortened]... aims spare me your meaningless opinions, seriously, think of other people, they have to read it.
    Common' robbie, go back to the drawing board and try again! This thread's a dud. 😉
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 03:42
    another essentially meaningless opinion, evidence nil. Please think of other people prior to posting, they need to read the kind of drivel that you post.
    Exactly. Think of them, and go sell your used cars somewhere else. We're not buying it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 03:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Could it be 1 John 5:1-20 ?
    Ya think?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 03:543 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dont need to reconcile anything. Christ was clear:
    - His Father is greater than Him.
    Paul was clear:
    - The head of Christ is God.
    You say that Jesus and Jehovah are completely separate and both are saviours. And yet Isaiah says (several times):

43:11
    "I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me.

Why do you feel you do not need to reconcile this OT teaching with your belief?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 04:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    So if you see "him" in heaven, do you refer to him as Michael or Jesus?
    Robbie, you are not ignoring me are ya man?

So is his name Jesus Michael Christ or Michael Jesus Christ?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 06:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    Common' robbie, go back to the drawing board and try again! This thread's a dud. 😉
    more opinionated drivel, I don't believe any of your opinions and i dont know why anyone else should either.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 06:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Exactly. Think of them, and go sell your used cars somewhere else. We're not buying it.
    The thread was not created with the view to whether you are buying anything, reasons were given, whether you find them compelling or otherwise is not my affair. You have certainly been unable not only to refute them but as usual to provide a single compelling reason yourself, instead we are treated to more opinionated drivel.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 06:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    Robbie, you are not ignoring me are ya man?

So is his name Jesus Michael Christ or Michael Jesus Christ?
    Is your name whodey or whodey whode pecker?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 09:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You say that Jesus and Jehovah are completely separate and both are saviours. And yet Isaiah says (several times):

43:11
    "I, even I, am the LORD, [b]And there is no savior besides Me.

Why do you feel you do not need to reconcile this OT teaching with your belief?[/b]
    Why do you feel I need to, is the more important question. The whole purpose of the Bible is missed by people believing that they can figure it all out and they and they alone have the true and correct teaching. The purpose of the Bible is to tell of Gods plan - creating and redeeming mankind through his son Jesus and of how mankind can get eternal life by believing in Christ and following his commandments. I have nothing to reconcile.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 10:42
    As an atheist, skimming through the various theists' points of view, I would say that God should probably have been a bit clearer when he wrote (dictated?) the Bible.

But, carry on arguing whose nonsensical arguments make more sense, theists. It's somewhat amusing.

Next up: does the Loch Ness monster have two or three heads?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ya think?
    That is up the sonship to determine. I was just making a suggestion.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:232 edits
    I dont need to reconcile anything. Christ was clear:
    - His Father is greater than Him.
    Paul was clear:
    - The head of Christ is God.
    Was Paul also clear when he said of Jesus, "the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily", huh?

Or was Paul clear when he wrote this to Timothy?

Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: God was revealed in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16)

Was Jesus clear when He said,
    “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you"

(Matthew 28:18-20)
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:35
    Is your name whodey or whodey whode pecker?
    That's a funny word play. 😀

But how does it make your opinion that Michael the archangel is actually Jesus credible?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Was Paul also clear when he said of Jesus, "the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him bodily", huh?

Or was Paul clear when he wrote this to Timothy?

Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: God was revealed in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up ...[text shortened]... rit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you"

(Matthew 28:18-20)
    How does any of make Christ = God
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 11:561 edit
    How does any of make Christ = God
    God was revealed in the flesh of Jesus, according to this verse as well as John 1:14, I believe it is without looking it up. That make Jesus equal to God in all those verses. The Father is also equal to God and the Holy Spirit is also equal to God. None of that prevents the Father from be greater than Jesus or Jesus being given all authority, since the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree