Michael the archangel revisited

Michael the archangel revisited

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Not sure i understand the question, but no biggy. As a non believer in God this issue is just one of semantics. There just seem to be a large number of people across the old and new testaments who appear to have faced God in person, and even wrestled with him. (Though perhaps this was done with the eyes closed?).

You actually get my respect for cr ...[text shortened]... it would generate a lot of verbal hostility towards you.

That said, you're still a pilchard.
haha, verbal hostility, dude try knocking on someone's door at 10:30 on a saturday morning with a beaming smile and a copy of the watchtower magazine as they come to the door bleary eyed and hungover, then we can talk about verbal hostility!

I am no pilchard, I am Robbie, Vince of Darkness! legendary Viking and Master of Zen

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
haha, verbal hostility, dude try knocking on someone's door at 10:30 on a saturday morning with a beaming smile and a copy of the watchtower magazine as they come to the door bleary eyed and hungover, then we can talk about verbal hostility!

I am no pilchard, I am Robbie, Vince of Darkness! legendary Viking and Master of Zen
🙂

Norwich City.

rc

Moves
18 Jun 15

🙂

Norwich City.
Haha, if Alex Neil wasn't a Scotsman I might have words to say about that!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 15

And rightfully so. I don't tolerate used-car salesmen at 10:30am on Sat. morning, either.

I am Robbie, Vince of Darkness! legendary Viking and Master of Zen

Bread pudding has more to offer than you do.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Why do you feel I need to, is the more important question. The whole purpose of the Bible is missed by people believing that they can figure it all out and they and they alone have the true and correct teaching. The purpose of the Bible is to tell of Gods plan - creating and redeeming mankind through his son Jesus and of how mankind can get eternal life by believing in Christ and following his commandments. I have nothing to reconcile.
Neither do atheists.

At least until... you know... Judgement.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
That is up the sonship to determine. I was just making a suggestion.
My point was that I beat you to it.

Neener, neener.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
[b]haha, verbal hostility, dude try knocking on someone's door at 10:30 on a saturday morning with a beaming smile and a copy of the watchtower magazine as they come to the door bleary eyed and hungover, then we can talk about verbal hostility!

And rightfully so. I don't tolerate used-car salesmen at 10:30am on Sat. morning, either.

I am Robb ...[text shortened]... Darkness! legendary Viking and Master of Zen

Bread pudding has more to offer than you do.[/b]
Make that 8:30 AM for a better effect. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15

My point was that I beat you to it.

Neener, neener.
You sneaky little rascal.

rc

Moves
19 Jun 15
2 edits

[b]haha, verbal hostility, dude try knocking on someone's door at 10:30 on a saturday morning with a beaming smile and a copy of the watchtower magazine as they come to the door bleary eyed and hungover, then we can talk about verbal hostility!

I am Robb ...[text shortened]... Darkness! legendary Viking and Master of Zen

Bread pudding has more to offer than you do.[/b]
yes I am quite sure if Jesus came to your door you would reject him as well -

“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

and what do you contribute here except nothing but hostility? You are Bad Karma man!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15
2 edits

yes I am quite sure if Jesus came to your door you would reject him as well -

“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

and what do you contribute here except nothing but hostility? You are Bad Karma man!
Bad Karma? Are you converting to the Hindu religion or have you graduated to Dasa's Vedic scriptures of the so-called oldest religion in the world? if so, you must declare the Watchtower Society dishonest and the Jehovah's Witnesses a false religion or remain a hypocrite. 😏

rc

Moves
19 Jun 15

Bad Karma? Are you converting to the Hindu religion or have you graduated to Dasa's Vedic scriptures of the so-called oldest religion in the world? if so, you must declare the Watchtower Society dishonest and the Jehovah's Witnesses a false religion or remain a hypocrite. 😏
Jesus speaks of the principle of Karma, see if you can find it?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Jun 15

Jesus speaks of the principle of Karma, see if you can find it?
Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

(Galatians 6:7)

rc

Moves
19 Jun 15

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

yes, exactly, well done Ghostly one, also,

"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure-- pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38 😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15

This is not referred to as karma, but is referred to as the Law of the Harvest meaning that one has to sow the right kind of seed for what one wants to reap. (you don't sow apple seed, if you want to harvest watermelon.)

The apostle Paul went on to explain,
"Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."

(Galatians 6:8 NIV)

The goal of the Christian is not to do good in the flesh in order to reap good in the flesh because that will only lead to destruction. This Christian concept is not the same as the karma of the Hindu or Buddhist, because the Christian seeks to please the Holy Spirit which will reap eternal life. The Hindu or Buddhist seek to save themselves by their own works.

As Jesus put it,
"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

(Matthew 16:25-26 NIV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 15

This is not referred to as karma, but is referred to as [b]the Law of the Harvest meaning that one has to sow the right kind of seed for what one wants to reap. (you don't sow apple seed, if you want to harvest watermelon.)

The apostle Paul went on to explain,
"Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destructi ...[text shortened]... heir soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

(Matthew 16:25-26 NIV)
How does the Christian please the Holy Spirit?