Miracles

Miracles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BM

RDU NC

Moves
05 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Jay Joos
He is a very loveable being just vengeful as well....i suppose he is like any parent...if the child does wrong it gets scolded...God is the same
i wouldn't call my parents' discipline revenge. i'd call it discipline because they want me to succeed and LIVE. they didn't often kill me for not respecting them like i should've.

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

He is a very loveable being just vengeful as well....i suppose he is like any parent...if the child does wrong it gets scolded...God is the same
Scolding is one thing, but would it be right of a parent to harm or kill the child? Or maybe kill the child's best friend and say: "See, that's what you get for stealing a candy"?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

The offer of salvation is there if you choose to accept it(believe it) is your free will...
My point was that it's not a choice. You can't just decide to believe in something which sounds very implausible to you.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Scolding is one thing, but would it be right of a parent to harm or kill the child? Or maybe kill the child's best friend and say: "See, that's what you get for stealing a candy"?
Only God has the right to give and take life...not parents....come on surely you knew that !!!

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Only God has the right to give and take life...not Parents....come on surely you knew that !!!!!

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

My point was that it's not a choice. You can't just decide to believe in something which sounds very implausible to you.
Yes thats true... but dont dismiss it entirely will you...

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
05 Apr 07

I think, maybe, you should go to a bible college, or something, because you don't seem to have a very good grasp of the dogma you claim to adhere to. It would be better, of course, to just drop the ridiculous dogma all together but if you must believe in it the least you could do is have a modicum of understanding.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by TheSkipper
I think, maybe, you should go to a bible college, or something, because you don't seem to have a very good grasp of the dogma you claim to adhere to. It would be better, of course, to just drop the ridiculous dogma all together but if you must believe in it the least you could do is have a modicum of understanding.
And you are great yes?

And who are you to judge me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

Yes thats true... but dont dismiss it entirely will you...
I tried that road, and it's unlikely I'll ever go back there.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

I tried that road, and it's unlikely I'll ever go back there.
Never say never....you never know !!!

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

Never say never....you never know !!!
True. That's why I said "it's unlikely".

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

True. That's why I said "it's unlikely".
🙂

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
05 Apr 07

And you are great yes?

And who are you to judge me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not judging you; I'm giving you some advice. Besides, everyone knows that bible colleges are full of girls (assuming you are a single (or polygamist) and straight male) just itching to find a good Christian boy to marry. It’s like a two for one deal, you get a wife and you get knowledge that will help you keep from looking ridiculous on internet message forums.

Oh wait; you aren't a young earth creationist, are you? I'll bet you are...well, nothing we can't handle, but first things first, find yourself a decent Bible college and check back in a year or two so I can see how you're doing...then we can address that young earth thing. Stick with me son, you're gonna be alright.

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07
1 edit

Only God has the right to give and take life...not parents....come on surely you knew that !!!
So why do you think it's wrong for parents to harm or kill their children? I always thought it was because of the harm done to the child, but if that's the case, how can it be right for God to do it?

w

Moves
05 Apr 07
2 edits

Originally posted by howardgee
Clearly her body had healed itself. The bones must have strengthened over time and the muscles had kept sufficiently developed to move her around.
Unless there was reliable medical evidence charting her progress which showed that this was not the case, there is insufficient evidence for the miracle claim.

Of course, to closed minded people like you, Man Joos, this will never dissuade you from your opinion.
It has always amazed me that people can just see how the body has the ability to heal itself or merely the fact that life exists at all and not think that such happenings are not miracles all by themselves. It seems that if we feel we can explain certain aspect of how miracles unfold, ie how the bodies immune system works, it ceases to be a miracle. Then again, how about the miracle of being able to undertand how such things occur?