Misc. Hell Responses

Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Some Christians believe that keeping non-believers 'alive' in the afterlife so that they can be burnt in agony forever as punishment and revenge for non-belief ~ even when the non-belief is sincere and intellectually honest ~ is a testament to the Christian God's "glory" and an example of "perfect justice".

My interest is in:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am willing to leave the matter that I am unable to persuade you of Christ.

You are unable to persuade me that God is non-existent or existent and not just.

So what your "interests" are I don't need to read.
They all amount to your interests in remaining unpersuaded of the Good News.

So to your further seeming requests of "Persuade me. Persuade me. Persuade me." my only answer is "Apparently, I cannot."

Praise God. I could use the humbling anyway.

F

Moves
30 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship
So what your "interests" are I don't need to read. [...] So to your further seeming requests of "Persuade me. Persuade me. Persuade me." my only answer is "Apparently, I cannot."
"Persuade me!" is not one of my "interests", as you'd know if you DID have the courtesy to read what I wrote. When I am crystal clear about why I engage you and your incoherent ideology, you characterizing it as a plea for you to "Persuade me!" is dishonest and evasive of you. You always take the same route when the question is: how can you justify the moral incoherence at the very heart of your beliefs ~ because tossing around vocabulary like "perfect", "ultimate" and "glory" is just a kind of discursive head in the sand and no kind of moral justification at all.

Moves
30 Jun 15

[b] [b]It is interesting that you are more concerned with my comical comments about devils with pitchforks than you are about the flesh melting from billions of people as God watches them scream and writhe in agony. You have a very strange perpestive in my opinion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It i ...[text shortened]... uel was brought up from the realm of death where he was there undisturbed but not non-existent ?[/b]
I'm not sure what I believe about the soul of Samuel, but whatever I did decide to belive about it would not have any bearing on theway I feel about the doctrine of eternal suffering.

As it was me you told to "pour my heart out" to God in search of a solution to my struggle and your subsequent refusal to explain what God revealed to you when you "poured your heart out" to him, which convinced you the doctrine/belief was correct and gods perfect justice - I would be interested in your reply to FMF's question which you have been repeatedly ignoring.

Moves
30 Jun 15
3 edits

[b] You are unable to communicate something believable to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I am willing to leave it right there, as far as you are concerned.

But by a similar token, you are unable to persuade me that the Gospel of Christ is not the truth.[/b]
You cannot just duck out!

You and your hell-fire buddies make a mockery of the gospel bringing the very nature of God into disrepute with this reprehensible teaching and then you just say..."I am willing to leave it right there." You would be better to not believe it at all, it is indefensible, apocalyptic and morally depraved.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 15

[b] Some Christians believe that keeping non-believers 'alive' in the afterlife so that they can be burnt in agony forever as punishment and revenge for non-belief ~ even when the non-belief is sincere and intellectually honest ~ is a testament to the Christian God's "glory" and an example of "perfect justice".

My interest is in:

------------------ ...[text shortened]... me." my only answer is "Apparently, I cannot."

Praise God. I could use the humbling anyway.[/b]
But you seem to have answered my critique of hell by just ignoring it.

Infidel

Moves
30 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Hey, leave Santa out of this.

Worth noting, as an 'atheist' (a term used purely for the benefit of theists who like to view 'us' as a collective) i rather hope God does exist; even though rationalizing that he doesn't. Who wouldn't want to believe in an immortal soul and a purpose for existence?

My conscience tells me to lead a good a life as p ...[text shortened]... words telling me i should do this or that to avoid eternal and disproportionate damnation.
I'm not sure about that, Dear Mr. Ghost. If said god exists, it can be reasonably asserted that he could stop all the suffering in the world *just like that*. And yet he doesn't.

Would you really want such an all powerful being with such an utter lack of empathy to exist?

This amazes me about people like Divegeester and Zahlanzi. They claim to be against this idea of God torturing people in hell, yet accept (and love? worship? trust?) this all powerful being not lifting a finger to end the misery that exists.

Who needs Satan when you have such a God?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Jun 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I'm not sure about that, Dear Mr. Ghost. If said god exists, it can be reasonably asserted that he could stop all the suffering in the world *just like that*. And yet he doesn't.

Would you really want such an all powerful being with such an utter lack of empathy to exist?

This amazes me about people like Divegeester and Zahlanzi. They claim to b ...[text shortened]... not lifting a finger to end the misery that exists.

"What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make His way home

Just tryin' to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to Heaven all alone
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 15

This amazes me about people like Divegeester and Zahlanzi. They claim to b ...[text shortened]... not lifting a finger to end the misery that exists.

In spite of the god apologists, this so-called god might ENJOY seeing people suffer. It might need to see more people suffer than it needs in the sycophants of theism.

Infidel

Moves
30 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make His way home

Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to Heaven all alone
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."
You're entertaining the notion that this god may in fact have created the universe, us, and a heaven for us to live in after death yet is just like us in that he can't stop misery from happening?

Not sure if serious or not, Mr. Ghost.

Infidel

Moves
30 Jun 15

[b] Some Christians believe that keeping non-believers 'alive' in the afterlife so that they can be burnt in agony forever as punishment and revenge for non-belief ~ even when the non-belief is sincere and intellectually honest ~ is a testament to the Christian God's "glory" and an example of "perfect justice".

My interest is in:

------------------ ...[text shortened]... me." my only answer is "Apparently, I cannot."

Praise God. I could use the humbling anyway.[/b]
Why are you ignoring responses made to you in your own thread?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jul 15

How is he preparing this place? You seem to claim that this place is simply an absence of god, which would require no "preparing" whatsoever, except for god not being there.

So what is he preparing? What is there except for his absence?

And to go back to my first question: there is already an utter absence of your Ffantastical Friend in the Sy i ...[text shortened]... What will be different in that other place compared to now? Or will it be as "bad" as it is now?
Are you actually asking him what will be different in your paradigm, or his?

One thing you fail to understand is that there is no absence of God now, not in his life, nor yours, in his paradigm.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
"Persuade me!" is not one of my "interests", as you'd know if you DID have the courtesy to read what I wrote. When I am crystal clear about why I engage you and your incoherent ideology, you characterizing it as a plea for you to "Persuade me!" is dishonest and evasive of you. You always take the same route when the question is: how can you justify the moral inc ...[text shortened]... "glory" is just a kind of discursive head in the sand and no kind of moral justification at all.
So easily offended, aren't you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I would be interested in your reply to FMF's question which you have been repeatedly ignoring.
I really, really, really wish that you two children (you and FMF) could eventually learn that merely answering in a way that you do not like is NOT ignoring you, or the question.

If you repeatedly IGNORE the answer, you cannot get away with playing the card of seeming frustration that you're not getting an answer. You're just not getting the answer YOU WANT, i.e. an answer that you can further mock and make fun of (probably because you don't even understand the answer enough to mock it).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You would be better to not believe it at all, it is indefensible, apocalyptic and morally depraved.
Funny that you share this notion with many atheists.

Don't you think they have the same exact notion of your belief in God?

What does that tell you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jul 15

Why are you ignoring responses made to you in your own thread?
I'd say his response shows that he's not "ignoring responses".

It sounds like he's carefully considered them.