Misc. Hell Responses

Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You are being asked why you think it is just for God to inflict eternal suffering solely because of non-belief.
Yes.

[b]"For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (Rom. 9:10) [/

F

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Yes.

[b]"For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (Rom. 9:10) [/
How do these words justify torture?

F

Moves
02 Jul 15

People who are condemned forever are condemned because of their unbelief.
By "condemned" you mean 'tortured' forever, yes? With what moral justification does this happen according to your ideology?

F

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

Not believing in the Lord Jesus is the unique sin that causes them to perish.
By "perish" you mean 'tortured' forever, right? What moral justification does your ideology offer for this torture? Simply asserting that the 'offence' is "unique" is not a moral argument as to its justness.

F

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

You are not the only one who can make questions or has considered special minute aspects of this message.
My questions are not about "minute aspects" of your torturer God ideology. They are about its very basis and pertain to the fundamental nature of the supernatural figure you seek to depict and promote. They are not about "minute aspects" at all.

w

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Your enthusiasm for this horrible erroneous doctrine would be almost admirable if it wasn't so sad.
What kind of punishment do will you sentence him to king Poseidon?

Pain free of course.

w

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"But many Israelites—those for whom the Kingdom was prepared—will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:12)

I wonder if this 'outer darkness' is an alternative to the 'lake of fire', where hell is simply loneliness, isolation and separation from God.
I think the reason the term "darkness" is used is because darkness is something that does not actually exist.

Darkness is merely the term used to denote the absence, or lack thereof, of light.

Darkness does not exist. It is a term that represents an absence of what exists.

F

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey
What kind of punishment do will you sentence him to king Poseidon?

Pain free of course.
If you are seeking to justify torture for eternity as a supernatural revenge for lack of belief, then asking this question does not achieve it.

w

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If you are seeking to justify torture for eternity as a supernatural revenge for lack of belief, then asking this question does not achieve it.
It's not my job to justify anything. I'll let God do that if he so chooses.

F

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey
It's not my job to justify anything. I'll let God do that if he so chooses.
If you peddle an ideology on a discussion and debate forum then the onus is on you to explain its coherence if it has any.

w

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
If you peddle an ideology on a discussion and debate forum then the onus is on you to explain its coherence if it has any.
No, all I have to do is pay taxes, buy health care coverage, and die.

F

Moves
02 Jul 15
2 edits

Whodey, scuttling, EXITS stage far right, sniggering to himself.

F

Moves
02 Jul 15

In the other thread I encouraged some (actually all) truth seekers to go spend time to pour out their hearts to God. I wonder if anyone has taken my advice. .
Fifth time of asking. What happens if a fellow believer goes ahead and takes your advice ~ and pours out his heart to God, like you did ~ to seek resolution to this doctrinal problem ~ and comes back having found that you are wrong about "eternal torture", and he is right? How will you react?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by FMF
How convenient. So, you enjoy the luxury of peddling your own ideology (under the guise of questioning someone else) without feeling any onus of having to explain yourself... so what's the problem FMF, too lazy to engage or too small minded to deal with it?

What exactly do you mean by 'coherence'? Do you mean coherent in that it all fits together, or coherent in the sense that it's understandable? I do not believe simply disagreeing with you and dive is able to constitute incoherence, so what definition of 'coherence' applies here?

Winnowing out what you and dive find personally offensive does not demonstrate co-herence. Or how about deciding for yourselves what is literal or not in spite of evidence to the contrary (page 15 Thread 164162). Do you honestly think your own self determined interpretations based on personal preferences can any way demonstrate 'coherency'?

If you and dive had really wanted to make a coherent argument against hell, then you both would have made an equally impassioned moral argument against heaven... if hell is morally wrong, then how can heaven be morally right?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jul 15
1 edit

By not teaching the whole truth you are cheating people.
How is not preaching something that is erroneous and so obviously morally repugnant "cheating people"?