1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 21:011 edit
    Even if God had a morally valid justification for the OT genocides he authored, we can still criticize those of his followers of today who, self-admittedly, do not understand the nature of that justification, yet embrace the killings as moral anyway.

Such people destroy their own credibility on moral matters. If they can't condemn something that looks so wrong to them, even after hours of reflection, then we should have serious doubts that they possess much good moral judgment overall.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:23
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Even if God had a morally valid justification for the OT genocides he authored, we can still criticize those of his followers of today who, self-admittedly, do not understand the nature of that justification, yet embrace the killings as moral anyway.

Such people destroy their own credibility on moral matters. If they can't condemn something that lo ...[text shortened]... flection, then we should have serious doubts that they possess much good moral judgment overall.
    Very well put.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:261 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Everything is not gone. Israel remained.
    So they came to their senses and kept the hot chicks?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Are any of us?
    You mean on this forum? or....

There's prolly some quiet "good" folk simply following their dharmas where it leads them. But you don't hear from them now do you?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Coming back to this, 'yes' some people are good human beings. 'Perfect' perhaps not, but unlike yourself I don't write humanity off so easily.
    That's all any of us expect 🙂
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:39
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    They believe they are right, just like you.

You are both wrong.

So, to be clear: ISIS and Eladar believe that murdering for God is good.
    Great King Rat believes this to be false.

Which makes ISIS and Eladar religious nutcases, and atheist GKR normal.

Atheism 1, religion 0. Again.
    Classic because atheism isn't even a thing per se
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:39
    As far as I can tell three are three arguments that have been made. One a legal argument concerning the land of Canaan and a promise that God had made to give it to the descendants of Abraham. The second concerning Gods sovereignty and his 'right' to exercise justice as he sees fit and the third that the Canaanites were extremely morally depraved and therefore deserved it, child sacrifice, bestiality, incest, temple prostitution, sodomy etc.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 22:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Man defines what is moral, not God. Man can only agree or disagree with other men.
    Or neither or both ... just sayin'
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:00
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

Such people destroy their own credibility on moral matters. If they can't condemn something that lo ...[text shortened]... flection, then we should have serious doubts that they possess much good moral judgment overall.
    Ruin credibility with who? Non-Christians?

If so, who cares? That's a given.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So they came to their senses and kept the hot chicks?
    They were punished for that at one time I think.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As far as I can tell three are three arguments that have been made. One a legal argument concerning the land of Canaan and a promise that God had made to give it to the descendants of Abraham. The second concerning Gods sovereignty and his 'right' to exercise justice as he sees fit and the third that the Canaanites were extremely morally depraved and therefore deserved it, child sacrifice, bestiality, incest, temple prostitution, sodomy etc.
    I would say go with the reason given. So the locals would not corrupt God's people.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:291 edit
    I would say go with the reason given. So the locals would not corrupt God's people.
    Yes but then we are asked why not simply expel them from the land.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes but then we are asked why not simply expel them from the land.
    Same reason Israel is having issues with Palestinians today. Kind of difficult to thrive well when you have people constantly trying to do you harm.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:38
    Ruin credibility with who? Non-Christians?

If so, who cares? That's a given.
    So that's a lot of the non-Christian Christians on this forum I presume?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 23:40
    They were punished for that at one time I think.
    Like you said , anyone who had a mole in the wrong place was punished. Maybe they got wise and decided to start going lenient on the hot chicks first?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree