1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 14:56
    16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+20&version=NIV

Christians believe that this genocide was moral. To refuse to kill everything that lives is immoral.

Anyone who claims to be a Christian disagree?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 14:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worsh ...[text shortened]... efuse to kill everything that lives is immoral.

Everything?
    So suicide after everyone's gone?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:051 edit
    16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worsh ...[text shortened]... efuse to kill everything that lives is immoral.

Its possibly the most difficult thing I have to accept as a Christian. One can of course justify it but its never very convincing. Ones humanity leaps out in protestation.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its possibly the most difficult thing I have to accept as a Christian. One can of course justify it but its never very convincing. Ones humanity leaps out in protestation.
    I have no problem with it.

The resson is given. It is a valud righteous reason.

Acceptance of immorality is a cancer.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Everything?
    So suicide after everyone's gone?
    Everything is not gone. Israel remained.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:15

You want to apply human standards of morality on God and His orders? If we were to take
    a stance to kill others upon ourselves, we could and should apply our standards of morals
    to judge ourselves with. God however, since He gave everyone life without exception,
    since He gave us this planet to live on, since He gives us each breath in our lungs, since
    He holds the universe together by the power of His Word, who among us can justly hold
    him accountable for anything, it is all His kingdom, we are in it by His will not our own.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:17
    I have no problem with it.

The resson is given. It is a valud righteous reason.

Acceptance of immorality is a cancer.
    Of course you don't; your right-wing, selfish, bigoted, religious fundamentalist mindset will revel in scriptures like this.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You want to apply human standards of morality on God and His orders? If we were to take
    a stance to kill others upon ourselves, we could and should apply our standards of morals
    to judge ourselves with. God however, since He gave everyone life without exception,
    since He gave us this planet to live on, since He gives us each breath in our lungs, since
    H ...[text shortened]... hold
    him accountable for anything, it is all His kingdom, we are in it by His will not our own.
    My position is that God decides what is moral and immoral.

I am surprised that you would take a different position.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course you don't; your right-wing, selfish, bigoted, religious fundamentalist mindset will revel in scriptures like this.
    It is because I love God and you hate God.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:24
    It is because I love God and you hate God.
    I think you are a bit of a simpleton to be honest.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:29
    My position is that God decides what is moral and immoral.

I am surprised that you would take a different position.
    What position do you think I'm taking? God is God, we are not! He sets the times for all
    things in this life, the seasons of the earth, when the rain falls, the motion of the moon, and
    forms us in our mother's wombs. So how is it that we can judge Him? All of creation is His
    to do with as He wills, He gives life, He takes it away, He sets up kingdoms, He brings them
    down, He gives and takes away. Who are we?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think you are a bit of a simpleton to be honest.
    Of course you do. It is a natural reaction for you when you see someone who believes the Bible.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What position do you think I'm taking? God is God, we are not! He sets the times for all
    things in this life, the seasons of the earth, when the rain falls, the motion of the moon, and
    forms us in our mother's wombs. So how is it that we can judge Him? All of creation is His
    to do with as He wills, He gives life, He takes it away, He sets up kingdoms, He brings them
    down, He gives and takes away. Who are we?
    That it is really immoral, but the created aren't allowed to say it out loud.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:32
    That it is really immoral, but the created aren't allowed to say it out loud.
    It is immoral for God to be God and do as He wills with what it is His? He owe you
    something that God must comply with?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree