1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you don't seem to have spent an iota of it either reading the Bible.
    Reading the bible did not give me one iota of interest in trying to predict the end of the world.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:59
    One does not need to be a member of an organisation to understand that the Bible contains prophecy and that this prophecy has been interpreted in various ways.
    What has been the spiritual worth of the numerous incorrect interpretations pertaining to "the generation that was alive in 1914"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I said it could be interpreted that way.
    I see an appeal to authority, your own, interesting from someone with as scant a knowledge as you i think we can dismiss it outright on that basis.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    What has been the spiritual worth of the numerous incorrect interpretations pertaining to "the generation that was alive in 1914"?
    Sorry i don view the incorrect evaluation of Biblical prophecy in the way that you do, its like a chess game, mistakes are always better to make progress and should infcat be welcomed. Its simply a matter of perspective.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:02
    I see an appeal to authority, your own, interesting from someone with as scant a knowledge as you i think we can dismiss it outright on that basis.
    Matthew 24:42 says "you do not know on what day your Lord is coming", so it seems odd that your organisation's leaders claimed they do know over and over again.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:02
    Sorry i don view the incorrect evaluation of Biblical prophecy in the way that you do, its like a chess game, mistakes are always better to make progress and should infcat be welcomed. Its simply a matter of perspective.
    What was the spiritual worth of the mistakes?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Reading the bible did not give me one iota of interest in trying to predict the end of the world.
    it didn't give you one iota of Biblical understanding either, twenty years and you hardly know anything about the book which allegedly formed the basis of your faith. Amazzzzzzing.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:05
    it didn't give you one iota of Biblical understanding either, twenty years and you hardly know anything about the book which allegedly formed the basis of your faith. Amazzzzzzing.
    This kind of "jovial" banter is water off a duck's back to me, as you well know. Are you still referring to Matthew 24:42?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:061 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What was the spiritual worth of the mistakes?
    spiritual worth of mistakes are that they show up deficiencies in understanding and help one revise ones thoughts. Isn't that what is meant by learning from ones mistakes? Perhaps you are infallible and don't make any mistakes? others like Jehovahs witnesses are human, prone to aberration and its therefore not only illogical but unreasonable to state that mistakes will not be made, they are inevitable.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    This kind of "jovial" banter is water off a duck's back to me, as you well know. Are you still referring to Matthew 24:42?
    Yes but it puts things in perspective.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:07
    spiritual worth of mistakes are that they show up deficiencies in understanding and help one revise ones thoughts. Isn't that what is meant by learning from ones mistakes? Perhaps you are infallible and don't make any mistakes, others like Jehovahs witnesses are human, prone to aberration and its therefore not only illogical but unreasonable to state that mistakes will not be made, they are inevitable.
    So what do you currently think the link is between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    So what do you currently think the link is between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
    you have simply completely ignored my text I see. Par for the course I don't think i should expect anything less.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:10
    Yes but it puts things in perspective.
    The perspective you offered ~ comments about my Christian beliefs in the past ~ was a straight forward ad hominem. I thought you were against people using them. You haven't addressed what I said about Matthew 24:42 and have made personal remarks instead. Your perspective on Matthew 24:42 would be more interesting.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:11
    you have simply completely ignored my text I see. Par for the course I don't think i should expect anything less.
    Which text?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    It appears to me that you are asking for an understanding of

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. Matthew 24:34

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree