1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which text?
    with regard to the spiritual value of making mistakes.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It appears to me that you are asking for an understanding of

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. Matthew 24:34
    Nope. I am asking what is your current belief about the link between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nope. I am asking what is your current belief about the link between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
    I don't have any current belief about "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?

The scripture that formed the basis of the understanding has been cited,

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. Matthew 24:34
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:271 edit
    I don't have any current belief about "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
    If you " don't have any current belief" about it, does that mean you do not share the current belief of the JW organisation's leadership about "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:312 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you " don't have any current belief" about it, does that mean [b]you do not share the current belief of the JW organisation's leadership about "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"?[/b]
    No it means I don't have any current belief about it. I cannot be more clear than that. Its no longer a teaching of Jehovahs witnesses. I do have a belief about Matthew 24:34 though.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:32
    No it means I don't have any current belief about it. I cannot be more clear than that. I do have a belief about Matthew 24:34 though.
    Are you aware of the current belief of the JW organisation's leadership regarding this matter?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:342 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you aware of the current belief of the JW organisation's leadership regarding this matter?
    I am aware of what has been printed in the publications of the Watchtower and Bible tract society, after all its online and freely available to any member of the public, free of charge.

It appears to me that you have no idea how the understanding of 'the generation' mentioned in Matthew chapter 24 has changed over the years.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:42
    It appears to me that you have no idea how the understanding of 'the generation' mentioned in Matthew chapter 24 has changed over the years.
    It's easily looked up - the organisation has made these corrections to its erroneous predictions in public. Are you aware of the current belief of

Are you in agreement with what the JW organisation's leadership has changed its understanding to regarding "the generation that was alive in 1914" and its connection to the “great tribulation”?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:43
    I am aware of what has been printed in the publications of the Watchtower and Bible tract society, after all its online and freely available to any member of the public, free of charge.
    And yet you say: "I don't have any current belief about it". Do you not believe what the publications of the Watchtower and Bible tract society say about it?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's easily looked up - the organisation has made these corrections to its erroneous predictions in public. Are you aware of the current belief of

Are you in agreement with [b]what the JW organisation's leadership has changed its understanding to
    regarding "the generation that was alive in 1914" and its connection to the “great tribulation”?[/b]
    I have already answered this and will not do so again. Please try to refrain from asking the same rehashed questions again and again, its rather tedious. I will repeat it for the last time, yes i am aware of the current teaching.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet you say: "I don't have any current belief about it". Do you not believe what the publications of the Watchtower and Bible tract society say about it?
    I have not formed a firm consensus on the matter in my own mind yet.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:47
    I have already answered this and will not do so again. Please try to refrain from asking the same rehashed questions again and again, its rather tedious.
    I have been re-asking the question because you have been dodging it, assiduously, even though it is on-topic.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have been re-asking the question because you have been dodging it, assiduously, even though it is on-topic.
    I have told you twice that I am aware of the current teaching, this makes the third time. One cannot claim to have evaded anything by answering the same questions three times.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:49
    I have not formed a firm consensus on the matter in my own mind yet.
    Isn't a "consensus" formed by a group? Hasn't the JW organisation's leadership stated its consensus regarding "the generation that was alive in 1914" in its publications? What is stopping you from endorsing it?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:50
    I have told you twice that I am aware of the current teaching, this makes the third time. One cannot claim to have evaded anything by answering the same questions three times.
    If you are aware of the current teaching, how can you not have any current belief about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree