More bombs near the Holy Land

More bombs near the Holy Land

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't have any current belief about "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation"
How long might it be before you decide to accept or reject the JW teaching? You have suggested that it's entirely possible you could reject the idea after matters become clear in your mind. How long might it take for you to decide?

rc

Moves
12 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
How long might it be before you decide to accept or reject the JW teaching? You have suggested that it's entirely possible you could reject the idea after matters become clear in your mind. How long might it take for you to decide?
why are you timing me?

F

Moves
12 Oct 15
1 edit

why are you timing me?
No of course not. It sounds unconvincing when you say it's entirely possible you could reject JW teaching about "the generation that was alive in 1914" so I am scrutinizing your claim. You are aware of the teaching and you've said you might reject it; I am curious about how long it might take.

For instance, is it possible that JW teaching on the matter would have changed yet again before you'd had enough time to deliberate on whether to accept or reject the previous teaching? And would the process start again with the new teaching?

rc

Moves
12 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
No of course not. It sounds unconvincing when you say it's entirely possible you could reject JW teaching about "the generation that was alive in 1914" so I am scrutinizing your claim. You are aware of the teaching and you've said you might reject it; I am curious about how long it might take.

For instance, is it possible that JW teaching on the matter would ...[text shortened]... accept or reject the previous teaching? And would the process start again with the new teaching?
I have no timeframe. Anything is possible. Whether you are convinced by it is your affair.

F

Moves
12 Oct 15

I have no timeframe. Anything is possible. Whether you are convinced by it is your affair.
In eight years I cannot remember you ever saying that you rejected a JW teaching, or even saying that you were deliberating over whether or not to reject a JW teaching, or that it was "entirely possible" that you might reject a JW teaching. Never once in all that time. This is the first time the notion of you rejecting a JW teaching has ever arisen. This issue of the link between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation” is the first time you've talked of the possibility of rejecting the JW teaching.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
In eight years I cannot remember you ever saying that you rejected a JW teaching, or even saying that you were deliberating over whether or not to reject a JW teaching, or that it was "entirely possible" that you might reject a JW teaching. Never once in all that time. This is the first time the notion of you rejecting a JW teaching has ever arisen. This issue o ...[text shortened]... at tribulation” is the first time you've talked of the possibility of rejecting the JW teaching.
You asked if it was possible, you received an answer that it was possible.

F

Moves
12 Oct 15

You asked if it was possible, you received an answer that it was possible.
Yes, and you've never said such a thing before - in 8 years. You said "I have as yet not rejected outright any of the teachings of Jehovahs Witnesses...", so I find it interesting that this "1914" issue is possibly the first time it might happen.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 15

Perhaps you can tell us about Christ's presence.
I've not felt them.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Oct 15

Originally posted by The Gravedigger
The end is nigh
If violence in the middle-east was a sign of the end of times... It's taking a bloody long time to happen.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
12 Oct 15

Originally posted by shavixmir
If violence in the middle-east was a sign of the end of times... It's taking a bloody long time to happen.
Book of revelations predicted it.
Hath (get me) been going for 2000 years.

PS your avatar has been photo shopped. No way do you look that good in the flesh.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 15
1 edit

Again this ignores the possibility that one can simply neither accept or reject a premise and simply remain in a state of deliberation. I have as yet not rejected outright any of the teachings of Jehovahs Witnesses as they relate to understanding of the Bible.
By remaining in a "state of deliberation" you are certainly not accepting your leadership's postion on this matter. Is this something you feel comfortable telling your leadership or do you prefer to keep your "state of deliberation" to yourself?

rc

Moves
13 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
By remaining in a "state of deliberation" you are certainly not accepting your leadership's postion on this matter. Is this something you feel comfortable telling your leadership or do you prefer to keep your "state of deliberation" to yourself?
I have neither accepted it or rejected it. I feel comfortable telling anyone that I am in a state of deliberation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Oct 15

I have neither accepted it or rejected it. I feel comfortable telling anyone that I am in a state of deliberation.
It is refreshing to hear that you will not swallow whatever your watchtower leaders tell you is truth.

rc

Moves
13 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
It is refreshing to hear that you will not swallow whatever your watchtower leaders tell you is truth.
The Bible counsels us to use our powers of discernment. The brothers know that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Oct 15

The Bible counsels us to use our powers of discernment. The brothers know that.
Discernment is important I agree. Have you ever rejected any teaching from the Watchtower because you have discerned it not to be correct?