1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 14:16
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, Malayasia?
    he isn't observant enough.
    or better yet, those examples seriously mess up his argument so they are classified as "exceptions to the rule".

how dare you bring them up?
  2. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 14:391 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he isn't observant enough.
    or better yet, those examples seriously mess up his argument so they are classified as "exceptions to the rule".

how dare you bring them up?
    Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Jordan, Uzbekistan, ...actually the list goes on. Not all as savory as one might wish but certainly savory enough to make nonesense of divegeester's "observation".
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 15:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then you will at the same time accept that people don't respect the JW where you belong? Because, as I stated before, there are several reasons to disrespect JW, as you already know. Don't you care about that?

Don't treat others as you don't like to be treated yourself, as a wise man once said...

I think you should stop your crucade, based on your opinions, and nothing else.
    actually, no i don't care, for I am very well aware of how persons feel towards us, after all, i regularly meet them in the house to house ministry every week. Secondly, i did not write any of these articles, they are not my opinion, you may have failed to realise that making your statement rather silly, thirdly the Quran itself says nothing about killing a person because of blasphemy, so quite clearly those who try to perpetuate that it does are the worst kind of religious bigots, for they are projecting their ignorance onto others. If you would like to try to defend the use of blasphemy laws, comment upon any of the text that was supplied, then be my guest, otherwise, once again your comments are ill conceived and practically irrelevant to all intents and purposes. It is a now tiresome pattern that you must insist on making these ad hominen attacks.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 15:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually, no i don't care, for I am very well aware of how persons feel towards us, after all, i regularly meet them in the house to house ministry every week. Secondly, i did not write any of these articles, they are not my opinion, you may have failed to realise that making your statement rather silly, thirdly the Quran itself says nothing about k ...[text shortened]... urposes. It is a now tiresome pattern that you must insist on making these ad hominen attacks.
    It surprises me that you have studied the Quaran so much. Perhaps I should change my opinins about you...? 🙂

Any way, there are bigottery everywhere, especially among the fundamentalists, no matter religion. It is among them the real danger lies. Not among the everyday loving and caring believers of the religion at hand.

But looking at a few bad ones, and let them represent every on in the same religion is like saying "Hitler was bad, therefore every German is bad", and that we don't do, don't we?

Judging islam by an article you don't even stand by is not good retorics, no?

Judge the blasphemy laws, and I agree with you. Then it doesn't matter which religion, Islam or Christianity, who have them. Blasphemy laws lead to a teocratic society and from a democratic way of govern a country. Christianity's incvisitions didn't lead to any good, right? Condemn them, right? Christians can be awfully bad when looking at their history. Not the individuals, but the christian system.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 15:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It surprises me that you have studied the Quaran so much. Perhaps I should change my opinins about you...? 🙂

Any way, there are bigottery everywhere, especially among the fundamentalists, no matter religion. It is among them the real danger lies. Not among the everyday loving and caring believers of the religion at hand.

But looking at a few bad on ...[text shortened]... wfully bad when looking at their history. Not the individuals, but the christian system.
    Fabian i have taken an interest in all religions since my youth, my best friend in college was a Muslim, its no big deal, however, this is not simply about a group of fundamentalists, these are laws enshrined in the state, a whole governing body. Even when they are not part of State Law as in the case of Iran, these laws are being superseded, indeed why should a person who wishes to change his religious conviction, be subject to death? as in the case of Iran? Who are perpetrating these murders? Is it Athiests? Catholics? or Muslims? If it is the latter why can we not say that the Islamic system as it stands, as conceived by, as enforced and perpetuated by Muslims is an abomination, why cant we?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 16:002 edits
    Fabian i have taken an interest in all religions since my youth, my best friend in college was a Muslim, its no big deal, however, this is not simply about a group of fundamentalists, these are laws enshrined in the state, a whole governing body. Even when they are not part of State Law as in the case of Iran, these laws are being superseded, indeed ...[text shortened]... stands, as conceived by, as enforced and perpetuated by Muslims is an abomination, why cant we?
    Well by your reckoning if someone comes along now and says these laws were only temporary...writes another book about it perhaps then things are all tickety-boo. Islam and Qu-ran is still infallible truth 🙄
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Wll by your reckoning if some comes along now and says these laws were only temporary...writes another book about it perhaps then things are all tickety-boo. Islam is still infallible truth 🙄
    Actually within the realm of Islam, this has already happened, that is what the original Satanic verses were about. The prophet, about to get his head kicked in by the Medinans, praised the deities of the place in an effort to save the situation, naturally this was blasphemous and the saying was later retracted and the supposition put in place that it was Satan who placed these words upon his lips. We find in this two ideas, that a prophet of God is somehow infallible, and two, that Islam holds the idea that what was previously held as sound can later be superseded by that which comes after.

You will often here Islamists state that not one word of the Quran has been changed, its nonsense, for one, how do they know, they have not the original copy and two, the so called Satanic verses clearly indicate that it has, and lastly even if it has not, there is nothing to show that its inspired, i mean, the daily mail has not been changed it hardly makes it inspired!
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 16:081 edit
    Actually within the realm of Islam, this has already happened, that is what the original Satanic verses were about. The prophet, about to get his head kicked in by the Medinans, praised the deities of the place in an effort to save the situation, naturally this was blasphemous and the saying was later retracted and the supposition put in place that it was Satan who placed these words upon his lips.
    You (not I) are forced to accept by your own reasoning that this is a perfectly valid means by which one can edit historical "documents" whilst preserving their integrity.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 16:121 edit
    You (not I) are forced to accept by your own reasoning that this is a perfectly valid means by which one can edit historical "documents" whilst preserving their integrity.
    Actually there is a difference, for we are not talking of changing text, as in the case of the Satanic verses, we are talking of agreements, that what the Mosaic law was, an agreement that was binding, it may be dissolved at any moment, this is entirely different from changing a text, i think that even you shall agree. No i dont think its valid.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 16:27
    Actually there is a difference, for we are not talking of changing text, as in the case of the Satanic verses, we are talking of agreements, that what the Mosaic law was, an agreement that was binding, it may be dissolved at any moment, this is entirely different from changing a text, i think that even you shall agree. No i dont think its valid.
    Ah yes I forgot - if it happens in any book other than the Bible then it is wrong; but if it is the Bible, then since it is the holy book you like best, anything goes! 🙄
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 17:28
    Fabian i have taken an interest in all religions since my youth, my best friend in college was a Muslim, its no big deal, however, this is not simply about a group of fundamentalists, these are laws enshrined in the state, a whole governing body. Even when they are not part of State Law as in the case of Iran, these laws are being superseded, indeed ...[text shortened]... stands, as conceived by, as enforced and perpetuated by Muslims is an abomination, why cant we?
    I am happy that you changed your opinion for a better one.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 18:03
    Ah yes I forgot - if it happens in any book other than the Bible then it is wrong; but if it is the Bible, then since it is the holy book you like best, anything goes! 🙄
    no all the spurious texts of the Bible have been identified, there are literally thousands of extant manuscripts, this is not the case with the Quran.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 22:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Very lame comment...
    What's lame about it?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Jordan, Uzbekistan, ...actually the list goes on. Not all as savory as one might wish but certainly savory enough to make nonesense of divegeester's "observation".
    Go there, preach Christianity, come back, then we'll talk.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 23:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Go there, and preach Christianity, come back, then we'll talk.
    An excellent observation!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree