1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Its prejudice,pure and simple.

Man made laws are just that: man made.
    The laws of the universe are infallible except in certain circumstances.

Go 500km west of Brisbane and see if anyone gives a rats if your christian or Muslim. I believe its called "martial law" also "Gods law" and you (and anyone else can rant and rave all they want about what SHOULD be),but the simple truth is there is no laws. Especiallcy for getting into heaven😛
    Prejudiced against what KA? Generalisation maybe but only about religious attitudes.

Christians get this type of prejudice/generalisation (take your pick) railed against them everyday in this forum, from very esteemed posters too I may add.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 18:28
    He's a homophobe,I know that...
    Yes, but that is besides this topic.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 18:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Prejudiced against what KA? Generalisation maybe but only about religious attitudes.

Christians get this type of prejudice/generalisation (take your pick) railed against them everyday in this forum, from very esteemed posters too I may add.
    So its an "eye for eye" then, instead "turn the other cheek"?

But I hear ya. Christianity has done much good....
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 18:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, but that is besides this topic.
    In my book, its related. Totally related.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 19:43
    In my book, its related. Totally related.
    Please elaborate.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 19:595 edits
    You call them fundamentalists, as I do, but not Joseph. Okay, then, we continue to call them fundamentalists. The name is irrelevant, the concept is.

You look at one terrorist. You see that he is muslim. You draw the conclusion that every muslim is a terrorist, that terrorism is a fundamental trait of islam. You're wrong.
    He is also a man. Does that m ...[text shortened]...

Racist people in Sweden reason as you do. Are you a racist?

Think twice before you write.
    what have you been, drinking/snorting/smoking or sniffing? Talk about jumping to conclusions, you practically pole vaulted it in the Mellinium falcon , like in light speed. I have said nothing of the sort, let me spell it out for you so that it is impossible for you to make up, avoid/lie about/fabricate stories about, liberalise or apologise for, Islam does not tolerate criticism, these actions in Stockholm and elsewhere are a reflection of that, divesgeester pointed it out, I have pointed it out by highlighting Pakistani blasphemy laws, these actions of Muslims have pointed it out in themselves, what will it take to convince you people off that? How many Christians have vowed vengeance on the cartoonists for the caricatures of Jesus, how many? How many innocent Christians must be condemned for so called 'blasphemy', before you realise that? How many Fabian?

As for you assertions of racism, perhaps you might like to take a look at my family, my wife, my son, my friends, my congregation, you should think twice before accusing others of such, perhaps its a reflection of just how inadequate and flimsy your reasons really are, who can tell?

why doesn't the media say that he was a Muslim, 28 years of age, of Iraqi origin? what's he likely to be, a Lutheran perhaps?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what have you been, drinking/snorting/smoking or sniffing? Talk about jumping to conclusions, you practically pole vaulted it in the Mellinium falcon , like in light speed. I have said nothing of the sort, let me spell it out for you so that it is impossible for you to make up, avoid/lie about/fabricate stories about, liberalise or apologise for, Is ...[text shortened]... haps its a reflection of just how inadequate and flimsy your reasons really are, who can tell?
    "Islam does not tolerate criticism" Nor does JW. But that is a sidestep.

Listen, you obviously have to read my posting once more to understand it.

Your argument against islam can be used against christianity too. 'Let the innocent throw the first stone'.
    And if christians are so forgiving as Jesus wants us to be, then just drop the crusade.

You can read about the laws against blaspemy in the bible too. It's a part of christianity too. Nothing new there.

And before you get too defencive, please try to understand my postings.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:451 edit
    "Islam does not tolerate criticism" Nor does JW. But that is a sidestep.

Listen, you obviously have to read my posting once more to understand it.

Your argument against islam can be used against christianity too. 'Let the innocent throw the first stone'.
    And if christians are so forgiving as Jesus wants us to be, then just drop the crusade.

You thing new there.

And before you get too defencive, please try to understand my postings.
    if the same arguments can be used against Christianity you will tell the forum how many Christians have vowed vengeance against the cartoonists and their publishers for printing caricatures of Jesus! otherwise your words are empty and you have failed to demonstrate that Islam is not an intolerant religion, regardless of the actions of others.

As for Christianity, there are two laws, love of God and love of neighbour, where you get the blasphemy law, i have really no idea, but you practically make anything up in an attempt to justify your arguments, as is evident from this recent spate of non reasons.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 21:00
    if the same arguments can be used against Christianity you will tell the forum how many Christians have vowed vengeance against the cartoonists and their publishers for printing caricatures of Jesus! otherwise your words are empty and you have failed to demonstrate that Islam is not an intolerant religion, regardless of the actions of others.

A ...[text shortened]... up in an attempt to justify your arguments, as is evident from this recent spate of non reasons.
    I can give a lot of situations when christians are offended by critisism. Same goes for jews, and the same for muslims. Is this news for you? Aren't you offended when I accuse JW to harbour paedophiles? Don't you criticize me quite hard when this happens? See?

Hasn't christianity once had hard and mortal punishment for blasphemy in its history? Of course? Is it good? No, but has it to do with its core religion? No.

I know enough muslims personally to know that they are not intolerate. It's not a part of their religion. But I can find bloodthirst at fundamentalists in any religion, even in the christian religion. My point is that fundamentalists isn't representative for the religion they say they belong to.

You seem to have prejudices against muslims. Swedish racists has it too. They reason the same way as you do. You really have to think about this! From one friend to another, you really have to think about this! See my words as a wake-up call.
  10. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim in Turkey, Indonesia, North Africa?

Are you being serious?
    Bump - divegeester.

According to your "observations" you "see no evidence of moderation" in Muslim-majority population Turkey and Indonesia? And there are no such things as moderate Muslims there?

This is your for-real contribution to a debate about the reality and diversity of Islam around the world?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 01:083 edits
    I can give a lot of situations when christians are offended by critisism. Same goes for jews, and the same for muslims. Is this news for you? Aren't you offended when I accuse JW to harbour paedophiles? Don't you criticize me quite hard when this happens? See?

Hasn't christianity once had hard and mortal punishment for blasphemy in its history? Of cour one friend to another, you really have to think about this! See my words as a wake-up call.
    you have failed to answer my questions Fabian, i reiterate for your consideration now for a third time, how many Christians have been involved in acts of violence against the cartoonists and publishers for making caricatures of religious figures including Mohammed and Jesus Christ? What has happened in the past is irrelevant, this is happening now. Until you do answer I shall continue to point out the intolerance of Islam and its use of violence against innocents, including members who profess the same beliefs. Its was founded in bloodshed and continues to this day to use violence, deny it you cannot, these actions are merely the reflection of that ideology. I am not prejudice against Muslims, quite the contrary, I am arguing against Islam, not Muslims, for i hold that Muslims are generally tolerant, despite Islam, however, i know that they do not tolerate criticism of their beliefs, and counter it with blasphemy laws and acts of violence, this i know from first hand experience.
  12. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 01:34
    I am not prejudice against Muslims, quite the contrary, I am arguing against Islam, not Muslims, for i hold that Muslims are generally tolerant, despite Islam...
    And yet when divegeester addressed you directly with this: "I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim" you were silent. What did your silence mean?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 01:52
    And yet when divegeester addressed you directly with this: [b]"I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim" you were silent. What did your silence mean?[/b]
    Mr Booth, please forgive my reticence, our encounters on this forum have been less than fruitful and have at times left me really wondering what happened. This has nothing to do with me personally, it was a statement made by another poster which you are asking me to justify on the basis that i said nothing. If i have nothing to say my lips are sealed, what of it?
  14. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:42
    Mr Booth, please forgive my reticence, our encounters on this forum have been less than fruitful and have at times left me really wondering what happened. This has nothing to do with me personally, it was a statement made by another poster which you are asking me to justify on the basis that i said nothing. If i have nothing to say my lips are sealed, what of it?
    He addressed the ignorant and prejudicial generalization directly to you. Not to me. But to you. And you said nothing. Why was that? Why would your 'lips be sealed' when you are directly confronted with a statement like his?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 03:472 edits
    He addressed the ignorant and prejudicial generalization directly to you. Not to me. But to you. And you said nothing. Why was that? Why would your 'lips be sealed' when you are directly confronted with a statement like his?
    why not? i had no comment to make with regard to the statement and I still have no comment to make. What is more i object to your apparent line of enquiry, as if i have, as you have tried to impute in this and other threads, some kind of sinister ulterior motive, because i have refrained from commenting, this thread is not about me, please refrain from making it personal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree