1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/07/iran.christian.death.sentence/index.html?hpt=T2

this time, the laws of the land are superseded by religious laws, a Christian who was formerly a Muslim is charged with the crime of apostasy, that it, changing his religion.
    Does that mean he is getting what he deserves?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:50
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Cute retort. Tiny element of ad hominem in it. Nice.

Why not stick to the topic and just make your case that "there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim" in places such as Turkey and Indonesia?
    My statement was - it was my observation that where Muslims were in the majority I see no evidence of moderation - not that there is no such thing as moderate Muslims - very different.

The fact that you run off a bunch of Muslims countries in a list from Wiki and chuck in some claims about 'hundreds of thousands of Christians going to church' in those countries is not evidence my friend, it's just another claim.

However I accept that my statement was a generalisation made through limited information.
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. That's not cynicism, just observation.
    Here is what you said. So that makes you a fibber I suppose.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Up til now, we don't know much about it. To early to speculate. We have to wait until later to be sure what was going on.

My guess is that it is fundamentalists that has the responsability. Beware of the fundamentalists, because it's they who becomes tterrorists. The religion they belong to is irrelevant.
    Not true.

"Fundamentalist" has been hijacked by the fundamentalist Christian haters and has been modified to fit their agenda.

Originally a fundamentalist was one who believed in the fundamentals of Biblical doctrine. Innocent enough stuff that didn't include the belief in killing.

There are of course the fundamentalist hypocrites who fabricate lies to further their own agendas of dominance and control. They do it for the sole purpose of instituting their own radical social and political policies. They don't really care about anyone but themselves.

They are the elite more highly evolved amongst us, and are therefore justified to carry out their plan because the end justifies the means.

The religion they belong to is irrelevant.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:18
    Here is what you said. So that makes you a fibber I suppose.
    That is what I said yes:

when (as in the temporal condition appertaining to a particular circumstance) they (the religious persons in questions i.e Muslims) are in the majority (being the most populous) - [if temporal condition fulfilled] - (then).... there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim

🙄
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:22
    [b]when (as in the temporal condition appertaining to a particular circumstance) they (the religious persons in questions i.e Muslims) are in the majority (being the most populous) - [if temporal condition fulfilled] - (then).... there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim[/b]
    So, ignorance on your part then. Are you admitting it? What's the silly emoticon for?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:26
    So, ignorance on your part then. Are you admitting it? What's the silly emoticon for?
    Got you now. Goodbye.
  8. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:27
    Got you now. Goodbye.
    There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim in Turkey, Indonesia, North Africa?

Are you being serious?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    The religion they belong to is irrelevant.
    Totally agree. The religion is irrelevant.

I call them fundamentalists, what do you call them?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Does that mean he is getting what he deserves?
    sorry? what he deserves is everlasting life on a paradise earth, not having Muslims blow up people because they print caricatures of religious figures in his own country.

What this highlights is a mentality prevalent under Islam, that if you say anything against their so called prophet, you shall be liable for some kind of retribution, and the members of this forum cannot deny that fact, there is no tolerance of criticism against Islam, I ask you to contrast that with criticism against Christianity. How many Christians were moved to issue death threats because the very same publication published caricatures of Jesus? It will take some honesty to answer that question, more than the Islamic apologists have been able to summon so far.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:00
    Totally agree. The religion is irrelevant.

I call them fundamentalists, what do you call them?
    No it is not irrelevant, they are reflecting a specific mentality, one of intolerance to criticism, a fundamental characteristic of Islam, why that should be viewed as irrelevant is nonsense, for it is what has motivated this and similar attacks, you people need to face that fact.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No it is not irrelevant, they are reflecting a specific mentality, one of intolerance to criticism, a fundamental characteristic of Islam, why that should be viewed as irrelevant is nonsense, for it is what has motivated this and similar attacks, you people need to face that fact.
    You call them fundamentalists, as I do, but not Joseph. Okay, then, we continue to call them fundamentalists. The name is irrelevant, the concept is.

You look at one terrorist. You see that he is muslim. You draw the conclusion that every muslim is a terrorist, that terrorism is a fundamental trait of islam. You're wrong.
    He is also a man. Does that mean that every man is a terrorist? That terrorism is a fundamental trait of manhood? You are a man, are you a terrorist?
    He is also a foreigner. Does that mean that every foreigner is a terrorist? That terrorism is a fundamental trait of foreignerness? You are a foreigner (in most of the world), are you a terrorist?
    He is also a non-JW. Does that mean that every non-JW is a terrorist? That terrorism is a fundamental trait of non-JW-ness? I am a non-JW. Do you blame me to be a terrorist?

Racist people in Sweden reason as you do. Are you a racist?

Think twice before you write.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:26
    What's lame about it?
    Its prejudice,pure and simple.

Man made laws are just that: man made.
    The laws of the universe are infallible except in certain circumstances.

Go 500km west of Brisbane and see if anyone gives a rats if your christian or Muslim. I believe its called "martial law" also "Gods law" and you (and anyone else can rant and rave all they want about what SHOULD be),but the simple truth is there is no laws. Especiallcy for getting into heaven😛
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:33
    You guys watch too much tv.
    See my self proclaimed title "Mark Reid". Thats of "Chopper" fame, a "criminal" in Melbourne who has now moved to Tasmania to elude his murder.

That movie is more like the way things are. I'm just glad they dont have as many guns here as in the states.

Sure he spent some time in jail, and you could call that "justice", but check out the extra features...seems things worked out for an out and out low life torturing,murdering bastard...
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 17:35
    You call them fundamentalists, as I do, but not Joseph. Okay, then, we continue to call them fundamentalists. The name is irrelevant, the concept is.

You look at one terrorist. You see that he is muslim. You draw the conclusion that every muslim is a terrorist, that terrorism is a fundamental trait of islam. You're wrong.
    He is also a man. Does that m ...[text shortened]...

Racist people in Sweden reason as you do. Are you a racist?

Think twice before you write.
    He's a homophobe,I know that...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree