1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Dec '10 22:07
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/07/iran.christian.death.sentence/index.html?hpt=T2

    this time, the laws of the land are superseded by religious laws, a Christian who was formerly a Muslim is charged with the crime of apostasy, that it, changing his religion.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    07 Dec '10 22:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/07/iran.christian.death.sentence/index.html?hpt=T2

    this time, the laws of the land are superseded by religious laws, a Christian who was formerly a Muslim is charged with the crime of apostasy, that it, changing his religion.
    We should be thankful that Muslims are still only about 5% of the UK population.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Dec '10 22:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We should be thankful that Muslims are still only about 5% of the UK population.
    I am not sure what to make of that statement, forgive my cynicism, but it seems rather loaded, never the less, I am of the opinion that the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving persons, who like the rest of us, want to see their kids grow up happy and healthy, therefore it appears to me that Muslims are not to blame, but it is Islam itself that is inherently evil.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    07 Dec '10 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am not sure what to make of that statement, forgive my cynicism, but it seems rather loaded, never the less, I am of the opinion that the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving persons, who like the rest of us, want to see their kids grow up happy and healthy, therefore it appears to me that Muslims are not to blame, but it is Islam itself that is inherently evil.
    I agree with you. I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. That's not cynicism, just observation.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    07 Dec '10 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am not sure what to make of that statement, forgive my cynicism, but it seems rather loaded, never the less, I am of the opinion that the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving persons, who like the rest of us, want to see their kids grow up happy and healthy, therefore it appears to me that Muslims are not to blame, but it is Islam itself that is inherently evil.
    Oh Robbie! You little U-turner you!! 😵
    Recall the following exchanges from your other "well balanced" thread:

    Karoly: Of course there are literally millions of Muslims who dont live like that, they live meaningful, intelligent, rich lives.
    Robbie Carrobie: there are equally millions who do not. [my emphasis]

    Palynka: So why do you pick and choose these ones as representatives of Islamic justice?
    Robbie Carrobie: because the law is enshrined in the laws of an entire state, that being the Islamic republic of Pakistan, a government representative of an entire Islamic community, that is why! If it is not representative of Islamic justice, then what is it doing in the statute books of an Islamic state, enforced and enacted upon by Muslims?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    07 Dec '10 22:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree with you. I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. That's not cynicism, just observation.
    I disagree; at least as far as the non-fundamentalist types are concerned. True, the fundies are batsh** crazy, but that can equally be said of fundy Christians.

    I have a number of friends who are muslims and though I have no access to their innermost thoughts they present no reason to suspect they have any desires to be or endorse the fiends as exemplified in their more reality-disjoint fundamentalist counterparts.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    07 Dec '10 22:49
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I disagree; at least as far as the non-fundamentalist types are concerned. True, the fundies are batsh** crazy, but that can equally be said of fundy Christians.

    I have a number of friends who are muslims and though I have no access to their innermost thoughts they present no reason to suspect they have any desires to be or endorse the fiends as exemplified in their more socially disjoint fundamentalist counterparts.
    You may have mis-read my post; I said that when Muslims are in the majority...
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    07 Dec '10 22:562 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You may have mis-read my post; I said that when Muslims are in the majority...
    never mind...I may have screwed that one up :]
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Dec '10 22:572 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Oh Robbie! You little U-turner you!! 😵
    Recall the following exchanges from your other "well balanced" thread:

    Karoly: Of course there are literally millions of Muslims who dont live like that, they live meaningful, intelligent, rich lives.
    Robbie Carrobie: there are [b]equally
    millions who do not. [my emphasis]

    Palyn ...[text shortened]... t doing in the statute books of an Islamic state, enforced and enacted upon by Muslims?
    [/b]
    gulp, sussed again! The other instances are correct, Pakistan do as a government have a blasphemy law, the Iranian incident clearly shows how Islam has superseded those laws of government.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    08 Dec '10 02:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We should be thankful that Muslims are still only about 5% of the UK population.
    Very lame comment...
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    278
    08 Dec '10 03:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree with you. I'm just convinced that when the Islamic population is in the majority, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. That's not cynicism, just observation.
    Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, Malayasia?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    08 Dec '10 06:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    More Islamic justice

    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/07/iran.christian.death.sentence/index.html?hpt=T2

    this time, the laws of the land are superseded by religious laws, a Christian who was formerly a Muslim is charged with the crime of apostasy, that it, changing his religion.
    Robbie carobbie on crusade.

    If you want to be respected for your religion, then you have to respect other religions.
    If you don't respect other religions you cannot expect respect for your religion.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Dec '10 09:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Robbie carobbie on crusade.

    If you want to be respected for your religion, then you have to respect other religions.
    If you don't respect other religions you cannot expect respect for your religion.
    why should i respect any religious/political institution which condemns a man or women to death for exercising their conscience?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    08 Dec '10 11:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why should i respect any religious/political institution which condemns a man or women to death for exercising their conscience?
    Then you will at the same time accept that people don't respect the JW where you belong? Because, as I stated before, there are several reasons to disrespect JW, as you already know. Don't you care about that?

    Don't treat others as you don't like to be treated yourself, as a wise man once said...

    I think you should stop your crucade, based on your opinions, and nothing else.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    08 Dec '10 14:16
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, Malayasia?
    he isn't observant enough.
    or better yet, those examples seriously mess up his argument so they are classified as "exceptions to the rule".

    how dare you bring them up?
Back to Top