1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 03:15
    I was doing a little reasearch today on the death of Diane Whipple, the young woman who was mauled to death by a dog in San Francisco. We are all familiar with the antics of theWesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags group. They have left no stone unturned in their memorial to this woman.

www.Godhatesfags.com/main/whipplememorial.html. Be sure to turn up the volume.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 03:28
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I was doing a little reasearch today on the death of Diane Whipple, the young woman who was mauled to death by a dog in San Francisco. We are all familiar with the antics of theWesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags group. They have left no stone unturned in their memorial to this woman.

I find it appalling when any death is celebrated no matter how "evil" that person may be perceived to be. I find it appalling when our soldiers are dragged through the streets in Iraq and hung on bridges as war tokens. I am equally appalled as the dead Iraqi terrorists are killed and displayed in our newspapers as if they were mere war trophies.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 03:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    I find it appalling when any death is celebrated no matter how "evil" that person may be perceived to be. I find it appalling when our soldiers are dragged through the streets in Iraq and hung on bridges as war tokens. I am equally appalled as the dead Iraqi terrorists are killed and displayed in our newspapers as if they were mere war trophies.
    Well said.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 11:42

God bless free speech...
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 11:59
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    God bless free speech...
    I think there may be a hidden cost to that kind of speech.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 12:20
    I think there may be a hidden cost to that kind of speech.
    Perhaps not all that hidden!

I would like to do a scientific study in which lunatics like Phelps were inserted into a MRI scanner while they engaged in their righteous diatribes. I bet the pleasure and sex centres of their brains would light up brightly--which would rather cast doubt on the purity of their motives.

(BTW, thanks for kindly inviting me to your clan. But I'm on RHP too sporadically these days to accept it.)
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 12:25
    Perhaps not all that hidden!

I would like to do a scientific study in which lunatics like Phelps were inserted into a MRI scanner while they engaged in their righteous diatribes. I bet the pleasure and sex centres of their brains would light up brightly--which would rather cast doubt on the purity of their motives.

(BTW, thanks for kindly inviting me to your clan. But I'm on RHP too sporadically these days to accept it.)
    That would be pretty funny, but they would probably rationalize that the makers of the MRI scanner were Jews.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 12:39
    That would be pretty funny, but they would probably rationalize that the makers of the MRI scanner were Jews.
    Or, "fags."
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 13:33
    Who is hotter? The women of Wesboro Baptist Church or Diane Whipple, the lesbian?

I say Diane Whipple.
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 13:57
    Who is hotter? The women of Wesboro Baptist Church or Diane Whipple, the lesbian?

I say Diane Whipple.
    These people make me sick (l checked the site out Kirk)- a disgusting example freedom of speech being abused.

l can only the hope the Karma wagon comes around quickly.....
  11. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 16:15

I say Diane Whipple.
    By "hotter", I presume you don't mean as a result of eternal contact with fire and brimstone?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 17:54
    By "hotter", I presume you don't mean as a result of eternal contact with fire and brimstone?
    Correct!
  13. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 16:35
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church_(Topeka)

I didn’t think their web site was serious and they were just poking fun at Christianity until I read the above, but it looks like a) they’re for real, and b) they’re a bunch of nuts.
  14. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 19:01
    Originally posted by masscat
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church_(Topeka)

I didn’t think their web site was serious and they were just poking fun at Christianity until I read the above, but it looks like a) they’re for real, and b) they’re a bunch of nuts.
    I actually exchanged some emails with one's of Fred Phelps's offspring some years ago.

I made the point that, if predetermination it true, as Phelps and co. believe, then there is no point in them proselytizing, because God has made his mind up already about who is saved and who is damned. Hence, they might as well save their breath. (Similarly, if predetermination is true, one could argue that there is no point in individually trying to be virtuous either).

Asperions were cast upon me in several subsequent emails. However, couldn't find any rebuttal of my point. What am I missing?
  15. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 19:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree