most christians do not read the bible

most christians do not read the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
You really [b]don't know what you are talking about! We could go through a process where we identify your beliefs, and then you would know the label that fits.[/b]
I think you are trying to define me so you can filter the words I use by what you think some sect preaches instead of listening to what I say.

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think you are trying to define me so you can filter the words I use by what you think some sect preaches instead of listening to what I say.
If he attributes some preaching to you that you don't agree with, you can just say so. No big deal.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

Not quite. I want to understand where you are coming from, so I'm less likely to misinterpret. Many christians don't believe or do believe in this or that. A starting point is what I'm looking for.

I'm pagan, which means I'm not christian, of course, but today it also means I revere nature. I am close to wiccan in morality and belief, but there are differences that don't allow me to identify with that group, or maybe it does, as diverse as it is. No scripture, no prophets, not revealed, and no proclamations of special truth. Just a belief that we are like drops of water and there is an ocean we came from and it follows that we will return, and for me it also follows that there is some form of karma in play and there is some form of reincarnation involved, but those last two points are less belief and more hope.

I have exposed myself. Tell me about you. Own your thoughts in this society where we can do this.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

The babies! Newborns. Expect me to fight against any gods that say they are guilty.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

Not quite. I want to understand where you are coming from, so I'm less likely to misinterpret. Many christians don't believe or do believe in this or that. A starting point is what I'm looking for.

I'm pagan, which means I'm not christian, of course, but today it also means I revere nature. I am close to wiccan in morality and belief, but there are diffe ...[text shortened]... have exposed myself. Tell me about you. Own your thoughts in this society where we can do this.
The only starting point you should consider are my words, since as I told you I don't speak for any sect. Ask questions if you are not sure, do not assume.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

The only starting point you should consider are my words, since as I told you I don't speak for any sect. Ask questions if you are not sure, do not assume.
Does your view claim newborn babies are guilty?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Apr 17

Does your view claim newborn babies are guilty?
Of what? They have not done anything.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Apr 17

Of what? They have not done anything.
The Christian God says they are guilty of sin. This is not news for you. So you are pretending.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Apr 17

The Christian God says they are guilty of sin. This is not news for you. So you are pretending.
Where is that said in scripture? Point me to that scripture please, produce the verse you
have gotten that doctrine from. I believe what you are talking about isn't that they have
sinned, but instead they have our nature within them. Meaning they will grow up to be
people, human beings and that nature has been polluted with sin. This is not the same
thing as saying that a baby who only knows how to cry is some how guilty of sin.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Apr 17

Babies are sinless. Take a stand!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Apr 17
1 edit

Babies are sinless. Take a stand!
Did you bother to read what I wrote or are you just spewing?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay..., human beings and that nature has been polluted with sin. ....
You are having a hard time here, because you see what I am saying and don't like it. If your gods made us, there is the blame. Meanwhile, babies are frooking innocent and it is weird that you are uncomfortable saying so.

E

Moves
14 Apr 17

Still no stats, just complaint.

Real mental giants in this forum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Apr 17

The argument for God not existing because bad things happen to people is a compelling one for many. It is not overwhelming to me.

History is linear and arriving at a place where bad things happening to people will be eliminated.

In the days in which the prophet Micah lived, just as much bad things were also happening to people. Micah prophesies that Christ will be born in Bethlehem. Christ, centuries latter is indeed born in Bethlehem.

When Christ is born in Bethlehem bad things are still happening to people. In fact bad things happen to Jesus Christ Himself. This is one reason that we Christians have confidence the as history goes on its linear path to the completion of God's will, His way will prevail.

As God outworks His plan for the world, bad things will continue to happen. But some will overcome these things to torture test His way in them and His salvation.

Now let us say this afternoon, today, in about a few hours God brings in perfect justice, perfect righteousness, balances all the moral scales, rectifies all wrong doing. Let us say this occurs at precisely 1:00 PM EST.

Where would you end up at that moment ?

Do not naively presume that if God instantly corrects ALL wickedness, all injustice, all unrighteousness, all evil doing in a day, that of course YOU would be left un-dealt with.

Christ will come again. And when He does MOST people will think not that it is too late, but that it is TOO SOON.

He is still giving time for men to repent and be saved.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Apr 17

You are having a hard time here, because you see what I am saying and don't like it. If your gods made us, there is the blame. Meanwhile, babies are frooking innocent and it is weird that you are uncomfortable saying so.
I am having a hard time only because of your concerns, claims you only make with your mouth and when asked to justify them, you bring me nothing to look at.