1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 19:51
    @kellyjay said
    It also requires you alone are the single source of truth, you might agree with someone else’ views but only as you grasp them. You have no external support for your life to find boundaries or truth.
    I just don't believe the same things as you do and I don't believe in the "extetnal support" you cite as the reasons for your personal beliefs.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 20:11
    @fmf said
    I just don't believe the same things as you do and I don't believe in the "extetnal support" you cite as the reasons for your personal beliefs.
    Well I have told you I didn’t become a Christian until I was 25, my life was completely turned around then. If it was all just me, just me wouldn’t have taken such a turn, there was nothing different about me before and after. What changed was Christ in me! I didn’t grow up in church or even knew anyone who was.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 20:14
    @kellyjay said
    Well I have told you I didn’t become a Christian until I was 25, my life was completely turned around then. If it was all just me, just me wouldn’t have taken such a turn, there was nothing different about me before and after. What changed was Christ in me! I didn’t grow up in church or even knew anyone who was.
    I probably have more anecdotal evidence of the positive impact of Christian beliefs on people than you do. I've been around Christians for over 50 years and I still am to this day.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 20:25
    @kellyjay said
    I probably also have more anecdotal evidence of the positive impact of Islamic beliefs on people than you do thanks to my experiences over the last 27 or so years.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 22:44
    @fmf said
    I probably have more anecdotal evidence of the positive impact of Christian beliefs on people than you do. I've been around Christians for over 50 years and I still am to this day.
    On the outside looking in.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 23:03
    @kellyjay said
    On the outside looking in.
    Nope. On the inside looking all around me. For almost three decades.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 23:04
    @fmf said
    I probably also have more anecdotal evidence of the positive impact of Islamic beliefs on people than you do thanks to my experiences over the last 27 or so years.
    For me, this has been from the outside looking in.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 01:50
    @fmf said
    Nope. On the inside looking all around me. For almost three decades.
    Yes we have gone down this before. I accept you don’t believe in God, and I accept that the god you rejected was the only one you were familiar with, who was not real.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 02:34
    @kellyjay said
    Yes we have gone down this before. I accept you don’t believe in God, and I accept that the god you rejected was the only one you were familiar with, who was not real.
    The god figure that feels real to you felt real to me for decades. That's what we talked about before.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 02:53
    @fmf said
    The god figure that feels real to you felt real to me for decades. That's what we talked about before.
    You may speak for yourself.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 03:251 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You may speak for yourself.
    If you're a Christian, as you claim, then I was more or less speaking accurately for us both with what I said in my previous post.

[Which was: The god figure that feels real to you felt real to me for decades.]

If you don't think I was ever a real Christian [because I lost my faith], then, by that logic, we can say that nobody knows - including you - if you are a real Christian now or not.

And we won't know if you were a real Christian in 2019 until you reach the end of your life and do so without losing your faith.

By your logic, if you were to lose your faith in - say - 2020, then you could not be accurately described as having been a real Christian in 2019. Your logic, not mine.

We have been through this before.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 03:41
    @fmf said
    If you're a Christian, as you claim, then I was more or less speaking accurately for us both with what I said in my previous post.

[Which was: The god figure that feels real to you felt real to me for decades.]

If you don't think I was ever a real Christian [because I lost my faith], then, by that logic, we can say that nobody knows - including you - if you are a real Chri ...[text shortened]... as having been a real Christian in 2019. Your logic, not mine.

We have been through this before.
    You can speak to your experience not mine. You can speak to your beliefs in the past and however you define them or renounce them now. You can say you believe what you had is what I have now, in that you assume things you don’t know or can know.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 03:44
    @kellyjay said
    You can speak to your experience not mine. You can speak to your beliefs in the past and however you define them or renounce them now. You can say you believe what you had is what I have now, in that you assume things you don’t know or can know.
    I am speaking for both of us as seen through the prism of your logic.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 04:19
    @fmf said
    I am speaking for both of us as seen through the prism of your logic.
    I'll grant you some of that too, you are speaking for both of us about things as you
    believe you understand them, because you went them through them! That does
    not mean; however, you know about my life, you just look at the world through
    your prism and assume.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 04:372 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I'll grant you some of that too, you are speaking for both of us about things as you
    believe you understand them, because you went them through them! That does
    not mean; however, you know about my life, you just look at the world through
    your prism and assume.
    Not exactly. I am speaking for both of us about things as you understand them as evidenced by your own stated logic and prism. Using your logic, not mine.

My prism is different from yours. Through my prism I would perceive that, if you were to lose your faith in - say - 2020, then you could still be accurately described as having been a real Christian in 2019.

So, I think you are a Christian now and a loss of faith in the future would not reach back into your past and alter the reality that you had perceived in 2019..

Different prisms. Above, in my previous posts, I have been using your prism on this matter and throwing your own logic back at you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree