movement to atheism

movement to atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
I am not criticizing you for insulting me. I am criticizing you for being a hypocrite about insulting people.
I admit my faults I am not pretending to be anything other than what I am. If I were to accuse you of calling somebody a coward while claiming making that accusation alone was wrong while I practiced that insult, you would have a point. That isn’t the case I gave you specific cause for my use of the word. Am I always perfect in this, far from it, which is why we both need God’s salvation.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I admit my faults I am not pretending to be anything other than what I am. If I were to accuse you of calling somebody a coward while claiming making that accusation alone was wrong while I practiced that insult, you would have a point. That isn’t the case I gave you specific cause for my use of the word. Am I always perfect in this, far from it, which is why we both need God’s salvation.
The fact that you can say you believe you "need God’s salvation" apparently means you have authorised yourself to be a hypocrite and a deflector. I am not a coward. I am not a liar. I do not have "no mind". I am not "mongering" anything. I am not a "mongerer". These are all deflections because my question linking your religious faith to the pseudoscience of things like a 6,000 year old earth took you to a discursive cul-de-sac of your own making.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
The fact that you can say you believe you "need God’s salvation" apparently means you have authorised yourself to be a hypocrite and a deflector. I am not a coward. I am not a liar. I do not have "no mind". I am not "mongering" anything. I am not a "mongerer". These are all deflections because my question linking your religious faith to the pseudoscience of things like a 6,000 year old earth took you to a discursive cul-de-sac of your own making.
I am a Christian because I believe my condition like everyone else is broken, flawed, damaged due to my sins. When I call out another it isn’t because I have not done the same thing I could be worse. So am I being hypocritical acknowledging I am as bad? The hypocrisy would be claiming myself above the things I am calling out others for.

With respect to the discussion your not going to address the points? You prefer taking about me?

F

Moves
14 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
With respect to the discussion your not going to address the points?
Why do you feel the need to try to co-opt real science - which is not about the supernatural world - and conflate it with pseudoscience, in order to bolster your "faith"? Does real science make you feel insecure about your "faith"? Does the fact that you want to parade pseudoscientific notions like a 6,000-year-old earth and "intelligent design" before fellow superstitious people on a Spirituality Forum and not on a Science Forum mean that real science makes you feel insecure about your "faith"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Why do you feel the need to try to co-opt real science - which is not about the supernatural world - and conflate it with pseudoscience, in order to bolster your "faith"? Does real science make you feel insecure about your "faith"? Does the fact that you want to parade pseudoscientific notions like a 6,000-year-old earth and "intelligent design" before fellow superstitious people ...[text shortened]... Forum and not on a Science Forum mean that real science makes you feel insecure about your "faith"?
Explain how what I have shown you isn't real science, of course that means you'd
have to look at it and judge it with knowledge about what real science is, instead of
dismissing it out of hand.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Explain how what I have shown you isn't real science
Well, one bit of evidence is that you are not airing it on the Science Forum where there are people willing to debate it with you and go toe-to-toe with you with YouTube clips and point-by-point rebuttals. This indicates, to me anyway, that even you know it "isn't real science".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Well, one bit of evidence is that you are not airing it on the Science Forum where there are people willing to debate it with you and go toe-to-toe with you with YouTube clips and point-by-point rebuttals. This indicates, to me anyway, that even you know it "isn't real science".
They are welcome to come here, I post there from time to time.
You asked for the information I provided, and I was willing to give more, you refused
to even look at it. For me this indicates you have no idea how to refute what may
be there, you have no idea what is, so you need someone else to look at it. Incase
you cannot handle it.

Hard to take you seriously from here on out.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
They are welcome to come here, I post there from time to time.
You asked for the information I provided, and I was willing to give more, you refused
to even look at it. For me this indicates you have no idea how to refute what may
be there, you have no idea what is, so you need someone else to look at it. Incase
you cannot handle it.

Hard to take you seriously from here on out.
I am just curious, like I said, as to why you feel the need for pseudoscience - stuff that you are not airing on the forum for people interested in real science - to buttress or prop up you "faith".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
I am just curious, like I said, as to why you feel the need for pseudoscience - stuff that you are not airing on the forum for people interested in real science - to buttress or prop up you "faith".
You are just repeating yourself, not looking at what was already given and spouting
off your little stick over and over. I don't see this moving past this without you
actually engaging in what was already posted. So repeat questions you don't intend
to look at the answers for, or call me, or the ideas I have presented names. It is about
all I expect from you now, nothing new.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You are just repeating yourself, not looking at what was already given and spouting
off your little stick over and over. I don't see this moving past this without you
actually engaging in what was already posted. So repeat questions you don't intend
to look at the answers for, or call me, or the ideas I have presented names. It is about
all I expect from you now, nothing new.
Is your "faith" not enough? Do you have to tell yourself the Earth is just a few thousand years old too?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Is your "faith" not enough? Do you have to tell yourself the Earth is just a few thousand years old too?
Nothing new here either moving on.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Nothing new here either moving on.
If you found that the Earth was not just a few thousand years old, would it undermine your "faith"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
If you found that the Earth was not just a few thousand years old, would it undermine your "faith"?
No, would it undermine yours if you found out it was only a few thousand years old?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
No, would it undermine yours if you found out it was only a few thousand years old?
@fmf said

@kellyjay said

I don't have religious faith.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
@fmf said

@kellyjay said

I don't have religious faith.
Would it undermine your world view?