1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 04:47
    @fmf said
    Not exactly. I am speaking for both of us about things as you understand them as evidenced by your own stated logic and prism. Using your logic, not mine.

My prism is different from yours. Through my prism I would perceive that, if you were to lose your faith in - say - 2020, then you could still be accurately described as having been a real Christian in 2019.

So, I think ...[text shortened]... previous posts, I have been using your prism on this matter and throwing your own logic back at you.
    Since you have never been me or anyone else you can only speak for you. I can share
    my life here, I can tell you what I believe, and what has happen in my life, that is not
    the samething as experiencing my life its only hearing about it. You are running past
    the evidence making assumptions on things way past your ability to know.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 05:09
    @kellyjay said
    Since you have never been me or anyone else you can only speak for you. I can share
    my life here, I can tell you what I believe, and what has happen in my life, that is not
    the samething as experiencing my life its only hearing about it. You are running past
    the evidence making assumptions on things way past your ability to know.
    I am simply using on you the logic you used on me. It's got nothing to do with events in your life or events in my life.

It's your silly logic in action, not mine.

Using your logic, nobody knows (including you) if you are a real Christian.

According to my logic, of course you are a Christian because I am taking you at your word and not reaching into your past and trying to change the reality that you perceived.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 05:30
    @fmf said
    I am simply using on you the logic you used on me. It's got nothing to do with events in your life or events in my life.

It's your silly logic in action, not mine.

Using your logic, nobody knows (including you) if you are a real Christian.

According to my logic, of course you are a Christian because I am taking you at your word and not reaching into your past and trying to change the reality that you perceived.
    I can promise I've never claimed I went though what you did simply because we
    shared an experience. Where in the world do you get no one is a real Christian?

Whatever you think you understand to be true, isn't if that is where you are
    going with this.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 05:34
    @kellyjay said
    Where in the world do you get no one is a real Christian?
    From the logic that you applied to me. It's not my logic.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 05:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I can promise I've never claimed I went though what you did simply because we
    shared an experience. Where in the world do you get no one is a real Christian?

Whatever you think you understand to be true, isn't if that is where you are
    going with this.
    This is why I claim that you are intellectually dishonest when you pretend you don’t know what someone is saying.

Here it is...you don’t know whether or not you will decide to not be a Christian before you die, you simply cannot be sure. And so as you are saying that FMF was not a real Christian then, because he is not one now, then, based on the same logic, the same goes for you (or me). I.e. you or I cannot claim to be “real” Christians until we die as Christians and can be sure we will not have changed our minds.

It’s not an argument I agree with, but it stems from your logic about FMFs Christianity.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 06:02
    @divegeester said
    It’s not an argument I agree with, but it stems from your logic about FMFs Christianity.
    It's not an "argument" I agree with either, of course.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 10:581 edit
    @fmf said
    The god figure that feels real to you felt real to me for decades. That's what we talked about before.
    You can claim what you felt wasn't real, I believe you, so instead of looking for the reality of God, you now claim there isn’t any. That experience turned you off and you assume that is the same thing everyone else has. The only way what is in my life isn't real is if it also was nothing more than feelings as well. To claim what you had is equal to what I have, as if everyone's experience is a counterfeit feeling, not a reality.

Now you want to project on me, if I suddenly could say my feelings were not real, then we had the same thing. I cannot agree with that, for God has been real in my life beyond just a feeling or a mental agreement. I know that there plenty of people who share what you had, not everyone who says, “Lord, Lord” knows the Lord. These can go to church, they can do religious activities, they may even get goose bumps singing, but these things just sooth their souls into believing they are in good stead, they have religion they are doing their part. They believe doing their religious duties is enough, they are satisfied never knowing the truth, God isn’t part of their lives they are no different than anyone else outside of what they call themselves, there has never been a life changing born again experience. The scripture is very clear, there isn’t any ambiguity, if you don’t have God’s Spirit you do not belong to Him.

You looked at what was going on in your life, the god you felt you knew wasn’t there and concluded it never was, and therefore the same is true for all others. I see that you want to assume we are no different, your experiences are no different than mine, but they are not the same, this isn’t a logical mental activity it’s a reality check.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 12:57
    @kellyjay said
    You can claim what you felt wasn't real, I believe you, so instead of looking for the reality of God, you now claim there isn’t any. That experience turned you off and you assume that is the same thing everyone else has. The only way what is in my life isn't real is if it also was nothing more than feelings as well. To claim what you had is equal to what I have, as if everyo ...[text shortened]... ent than mine, but they are not the same, this isn’t a logical mental activity it’s a reality check.
    I have simply been applying your daft logic to you.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 13:16
    @fmf said
    I have simply been applying your daft logic to you.
    Explain the points if you will.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 13:26
    @kellyjay said
    Explain the points if you will.
    I have been explaining it clearly, your passive aggressive feigned incomprehension notwithstanding. What's more, we have discussed this before.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 15:12
    @fmf said
    I have been explaining it clearly, your passive aggressive feigned incomprehension notwithstanding. What's more, we have discussed this before.
    Okay, sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree