Murder and Abortion

Murder and Abortion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The abortion in scripture wasn't for any reason was it? Even those that went through the process wasn't going to get an abortion if everyone was walking properly. You compare that to any reason for any cause?
But why do you think your God does not allow you to abort fetuses?

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Does aborting a fetus mean killing a unique human life?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

The same reason He doesn't want us killing 2 year olds, a human life at any stage of
development is still a human life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Exactly!

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 17

The same reason He doesn't want us killing 2 year olds, a human life at any stage of
development is still a human life.
But isn't Numbers 5 an indication to you that your deity figure apparently values the life of a fetus much less than you do? What is your justification, theologically, for disapproving of abortion? The Bible certainly does not say that "human life" must never be killed.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
According to the Bible, "unique" human lives should, in fact, be killed under various circumstances, and your God is described as having personally ordered or conducted such killings on many occasions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

But isn't Numbers 5 an indication to you that your deity figure apparently values the life of a fetus much less than you do? What is your justification, theologically, for disapproving of abortion? The Bible certainly does not say that "human life" must never be killed.
No

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 17

No
Well, I must say I am a bit confused. You cite your God as the main reason for why you oppose abortion, but you cannot cite any scripture to support that position, and your God is described in your holy book as personally performing abortions. How do you reconcile these contradictory positions?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

Well, I must say I am a bit confused. You cite your God as the main reason for why you oppose abortion, but you cannot cite any scripture to support that position, and your God is described in your holy book as personally performing abortions. How do you reconcile these contradictory positions?
I've written you paragraphs on why I hold my views. You give me one example and I
answered one too. If there is anything to reconcile please bring it to my attention. If life is
not important on its own as I pointed out than it isn't at any stage of development. We are
told not to murder, if you want to justify the death of millions of children within their
mother's wombs, because of practice where God acts or does not, to keep the blood lines
pure up to you.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 17

I've written you paragraphs on why I hold my views. You give me one example and I
answered one too. If there is anything to reconcile please bring it to my attention. If life is
not important on its own as I pointed out than it isn't at any stage of development. We are
told not to murder, if you want to justify the death of millions of children within t ...[text shortened]... wombs, because of practice where God acts or does not, to keep the blood lines
pure up to you.
Here is what you should address: if God thinks performing abortions is so terrible, why does he perform them himself? And why is there no explicit ban on abortion mentioned in the Bible anywhere? It's hardly the fault of the fetus that its mother was unfaithful, now was it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

Here is what you should address: if God thinks performing abortions is so terrible, why does he perform them himself? And why is there no explicit ban on abortion mentioned in the Bible anywhere? It's hardly the fault of the fetus that its mother was unfaithful, now was it?
Do you recall me saying, God gives us our lives and ends them? Unlike you and me we
do not get to do that, we don't have the ability. If God allows you 80 years be thankful, you
could have ended up done at 2 days after life started. Unlike us He sets up the universe
by Himself without your input or mine. So if your last day is sleeping and passing after
along life great, if not it will end some day, some how, in some way regardless if we
think we should live on or not.

In that scripture it is God not a man or woman who ends that life, which is no different than
any other life ending event where God does it. In modern day abortions the babies are
torn apart by a man or woman, they could have their brains sucked out, a number of
different ways, God isn't doing any of them we are. That is a GREAT difference.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

According to the Bible, "unique" human lives should, in fact, be killed under various circumstances, and your God is described as having personally ordered or conducted such killings on many occasions.
Yes

K

Germany

Moves
07 Aug 17

Do you recall me saying, God gives us our lives and ends them? Unlike you and me we
do not get to do that, we don't have the ability. If God allows you 80 years be thankful, you
could have ended up done at 2 days after life started. Unlike us He sets up the universe
by Himself without your input or mine. So if your last day is sleeping and passing after ...[text shortened]... ut, a number of
different ways, God isn't doing any of them we are. That is a GREAT difference.
I see. So you can't cite any scripture to support your position, but insist that your opinion is religious in nature nonetheless. You are, of course, entitled to having blasphemous beliefs.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Aug 17

Exactly!
Does it matter that some places where the population is so huge, people forbid abortions and such but then children starve? Is that better than an abortion?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Aug 17

...life in its own right is precious and singular, holy gift from God ...
and others should believe as you do why now? serious question