1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '10 23:30
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    You don't understand.

I don't want to get into what I have good reason to think of as false consciousness.

There is a better song to sing.
    Ok.
    But I would suggest you are already in it.
    Dont worry about replying-I'll just assume you disagree,ok? 🙂
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    28 May '10 00:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok.
    But I would suggest you are already in it.
    Dont worry about replying-I'll just assume you disagree,ok? 🙂
    I don't worry about replying.

In this case we disagree, in othes we might agree. So it goes.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '10 02:05
    I don't worry about replying.

In this case we disagree, in othes we might agree. So it goes.
    Thats funny.
    Your are an unexpected ray of sunshine in my otherwise cloudy day.😉
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:211 edit
    If you want to define the sound of a kettle whistle as music because somebody likes the anticipation of a nice cup of tea that's up to you.

Music is organised sound. Some of its features are pitch, rhythm, melody, harmony, timbre and so on. As with the term 'game', 'music' describes a set of things that bear a family resemblance to each other and not all the members will necessarily have all the features.
    so death metal is organized? jazz improvs? britney spears songs? how about rap songs? electronic music ?

who are you to restrict what music is and can become?

art is what people say is art. that would explain why spraying excrements on a canvas like chris ofili (or whatshisname) did is called art. rembrandt and michellangelo are turning in their graves probably.
  5. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:252 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

so death metal is organized? jazz improvs? britney spears songs? how about rap songs? electronic music ?
    Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Next question?

A competent language user. You on the other hand can call fish paste 'music' if you wish.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:28

[b]so death metal is organized? jazz improvs? britney spears songs? how about rap songs? electronic music ?

A competent language user. You on the other hand can call fish paste 'music' if you wish.[/b]
    do you have higher brain functions?

A competent language user.
    your opinion. some language user may claim they understand what music is. the same claim was probably made whenever a music some don't understand came out.

i don't call fish paste music. but some may call music the sound of the boiling kettle whistle.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:31

your opinion. some language user may claim they understand what music is. the same claim was probably made whenever a music some don't understand came out.

i don't call fish paste music. but some may call music the sound of the boiling kettle whistle.
    edit: "...but some may call music the sound of the boiling kettle whistle."

And still the sound of the boiling kettle whistle it will remain😵
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:32

[b]so death metal is organized? jazz improvs? britney spears songs? how about rap songs? electronic music ?

A competent language user. You on the other hand can call fish paste 'music' if you wish.[/b]
    Pure conduct😵
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 May '10 10:36
    Originally posted by black beetle
    edit: "...but some may call music the sound of the boiling kettle whistle."

And still the sound of the boiling kettle whistle it will remain😵
    also a violin is simply chords vibrating. a sax solo is only air flowing through it.

what is your point?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '10 11:14

And so "music" , "intelligence",etc.,but probably most importantly our "language" is changing.
    More interstingly still, it is changing exponentially. (The time between our thoughts and their subsequent manifestations is shortenning.)

(Keeping in mind that some psycologists( or whoever), say that something like 70% of our communication is through body language,(I assume she's not counting the internet..I dont know), and not all the rest of communication is verbal ,(telepathy?) ), I reckon that our language is so important because it literally,(albeit indirectly), manifests our( human) world.
    Condider the word "human". What it means to be "human" is maybe among some of the biggest contentenders as regards to what a word actually means.
    Any ideas as to where our language is headed? Will it become more unified or more sparodic ? (And with this line of enquiry, I find plenty questions a not many answers...you?)
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 May '10 11:34
    also a violin is simply chords vibrating. a sax solo is only air flowing through it.

what is your point?
    My point is that I agree in full with Lord Shark. I can scratch them chords of a puir violin and I can connect a compressor with a sax in order to extablish "air flowing through it", but I 'm afraid I can neither claim I 'm musician nor that my product is music -but never mind😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 May '10 11:44
    And so "music" , "intelligence",etc.,but probably most importantly our "language" is changing.
    More interstingly still, it is changing exponentially. (The time between our thoughts and their subsequent manifestations is shortenning.)

(Keeping in mind that some psycologists( or whoever), say that something like 70% of our communication is through bod ...[text shortened]... ? (And with this line of enquiry, I find plenty questions a not many answers...you?)
    What is this now!?

The main asset of the Human mind is its ability to conceive abstract ideas and to give specific shape/ form to them by means of the exact notions of its thoughts, otherwise communication becomes a midnight summer dream. Therefore we have to avoid disorientation, confusion, laxity of discipline, indolence and inner decomposition regarding the proper use of a specific language, and this is the reason why each language has, for example, specific grammar and specific syntax. Yes, the evolutionary process of the languages is a fact. However if I define "dog" as "a being that barks before attacking other beings", then the being described as dog according to this definition can be well a seal😵
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '10 11:59
    What is this now!?

The main asset of the Human mind is its ability to conceive abstract ideas and to give specific shape/ form to them by means of the exact notions of its thoughts, otherwise communication becomes a midnight summer dream. Therefore we have to avoid disorientation, confusion, laxity of discipline, indolence and inner decomposition reg ...[text shortened]... r beings", then the being described as dog according to this definition can be well a seal😵
    If you have the patience please, could you briefly describe "syntax"?-(wiki style will prolly do)
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 May '10 12:29
    If you have the patience please, could you briefly describe "syntax"?-(wiki style will prolly do)
    I was talking about the study and the implementation of the rules regarding every element of a sentence, and about the way these elements are combined in order to form grammatical sentences that do not fail to communicate the exact meaning that we have in mind wanting to communicate it exactly the way we want. There are patterns of formation of sentences or phrases in a language that are correct, and patterns that are either false or they fail to communicate the exact meaning we are having in mind due to syntax inconsistancies although the sentence per se could be grammaticaly correct.
    Therefore, along with a consensus regarding specific definitions, it is also required the systematic and orderly arrangement of our product "oral/ written text/ logos" in order to ensure that it describes exactly our thoughts, and in order to ensure that our communication will be understandable by our interlocutors
    😵
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 May '10 12:31
    Yes, the evolutionary process of the languages is a fact. However if I define "dog" as "a being that barks before attacking other beings", then the being described as dog according to this definition can be well a seal😵
    Or any other kind of animal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree