1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I provided evidence which is damn more than you have. Look I am interested in evidence, if you ever manage to produce any let me know, ill be happy to consider it and go away happy that I have learned something.
    You need evidence of violence and abuse in marriages in India and its prevalence? Surely you are kidding, robbie?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    But why do you need evidence of the high rate of domestic violence in India? Haven't you already conceded that it is high?
    I do not need evidence of domestic violence in India. I have not called for evidence of domestic violence in India. What I have actually called for is evidence that its a significant contributing factor in India's low divorce rate.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:44
    What I have actually called for is evidence that its a significant contributing factor in India's low divorce rate.
    But I have not claimed anything of the sort. Why do you require evidence from me of something I have not claimed?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I have not claimed anything of the sort. Why do you require evidence from me of something I have not claimed?
    you do not believe there is any correlation between domestic violence and low divorce rates in India? then your previous statement citing domestic violence and low divorce makes NO SENSE. Perhaps you can explain why you cited it?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:46
    you do not believe there is any correlation between domestic violence and low divorce rates in India?
    I have said exactly nothing about the divorce rate being low because of the prevalence of violence. You are attempting to attribute it to me. You are pretending that it is my point. But it is not. I quite simply did not say it. You have absolutely no reason to keep harping on about it as if I did.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have said exactly nothing about the divorce rate being low because of the prevalence of violence. You are attempting to attribute it to me. You are pretending that it is my point. But it is not. I quite simply did not say it. You have absolutely no reason to keep harping on about it as if I did.
    Then what is your point?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:47
    then your previous statement citing domestic violence and low divorce makes NO SENSE.
    What I have said does make sense. Pretending that I said something different and then saying THAT doesn't mistake is just you clowning. Talk about this issue seriously, come on, robbie.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:491 edit
    Then what is your point?
    As I wrote before, I am saying that low divorce rates ~ this statistical fact that you lionize ~ disguise the horror of marriage in India, except that they don't disguise it - because the phenomenon is well known - it is just ideologues like you who seek to disguise or distract from the horror: why else would you praise these low divorce rates? Why else would you praise 'Indian marriage' as an examplar?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    What I have said does make sense. Pretending that I said something different and then saying THAT doesn't mistake is just you clowning. Talk about this issue seriously, come on, robbie.
    It makes no sense unless you are attempting to draw some kind of significance between low divorce rates and domestic violence.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:51
    It makes no sense unless you are attempting to draw some kind of significance between low divorce rates and domestic violence.
    You are attempting to claim that I said something I didn't. I am talking about domestic violence. And I am talking about the divorce rate. Please address what I am saying.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I write before, I am saying that low divorce rates ~ this statistical fact that you lionize ~ disguise the horror of marriage in India, except that they don't disguise it - because the phenomenon is well known - it is just ideologues like you who seek to disguise or distract from the horror: why else would you praise these low divorce rates? Why else would you praise 'Indian marriage' as an examplar?
    Low divorce rates disguise the horror of marriage in India? I have provided reasons why i think that the divorce rate is low, you may make reference to those, none of which seek to disguise anything.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:53
    Low divorce rates disguise the horror of marriage in India?
    Yes. Absolutely. Surely you agree?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are attempting to claim that I said something I didn't. I am talking about domestic violence. And I am talking about the divorce rate. Please address what I am saying.
    On the contrary you seem to think that low divorce is because of the prevalence of violence. That is the impression that you are giving.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. Absolutely. Surely you agree?
    No i have already cited the reasons why I think divorce is low in India, these are religious, moral and cultural reasons.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:54
    On the contrary you seem to think that low divorce is because of the prevalence of violence. That is the impression that you are giving.
    Then go back and read again. Pretending-to-miss-the-point is one of your least funny routines, robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree