Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am not claiming that the low divorce rate causes violence. I am not claiming that the divorce rate is low because of the threat of violence. I am saying it is grotesque to cite the reality of Indian culture as some sort of marital paradigm that others ought to emulate. And I think citing the low divorce rate in support of such an odious paradigm is indefensibl ...[text shortened]... l clowning, it seems your ideology trumps any genuine concern you might have for battered women.
why would low divorce cause violence, are you in your senses, has anyone asked you if you think low divorce rates contributes to violence, no? well you seem to be wired to the moon. Do you have any logical, rational and sensible explanation of why the divorce rates in India are so low? What you find odious, what you insinuate concerning the motives of others is of no consequence and of little interest.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
What do you want evidence of? That there's an appalling rate of domestic violence? That there are cultural pressures that keep the divorce rate low? What evidence is it you are asking for?
I want you to explain to us why the divorce rates in India are so low.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I want you to explain to us why the divorce rates in India are so low.
Like I said, amid all your comedy-dodging - this question being an example - it is clear that your anti-divorce ideology trumps any genuine concern you might have about the fact that a tragically high number of women in India ~ a country and culture you have singled out and lionized in terms of marriage ~ are the victims of physical violence, abuse and marital rape that they are too often unable to escape from for cultural reasons and "different perspectives" (a phenomenon that manifests itself in its low divorce rate).

On pages 3, 4 and 6, when asked, you could not even bring yourself to say whether or not you welcomed women being able to escape from their awful predicament and divorce their violent husbands. If you want to know the reasons various people commentators (aside from me) give for the low divorce rate in India, I suggest you go look it up.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 15

India is divided up into many religions and there are a percentage of atheists you have to factor into your statistics.

There are also a large proportion of married Muslims in India.

Point being..................If you studied the abuse towards women from persons in India that are following true religion, you would have close to zero abuse.

Abuse of women in India is coming from married couples from Atheistic and Christian and Muslim faiths.

The most abuse would be from atheistic and Muslims couples.

Note: The Hindu faith is not counted as true religion. (this requires explaining in detail) another time.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Like I said, amid all your comedy-dodging - this question being an example - it is clear that your anti-divorce ideology trumps any genuine concern you might have about the fact that a tragically high number of women in India ~ a country and culture you have singled out and lionized in terms of marriage ~ are the victims of physical violence, abuse and marital r ...[text shortened]... ommentators (aside from me) give for the low divorce rate in India, I suggest you go look it up.
As expected, until you are able to come to terms with any of the reasons why India has such a low divorce rate your allegations of some kind of ideological cover up are moot and typical of the kind of unsubstantiated nonsense that you seem intent on palming off on the users of this forum. Until you are intellectually honest enough to address any of those reasons I will continue to hold the view that the divorce rate of India is exemplary of a society that has intrinsic cultural and religious values which contribute significantly to that low divorce rate. If you ever manage to seriously look at the matter let us know but your cynical assertions of comic dodging are wearing rather thin. The only thing that is clear is that you are uninterested in anything but your own propaganda, but we knew that already.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

As expected, until you are able to come to terms with any of the reasons why India has such a low divorce rate your allegations of some kind of ideological cover up are moot and typical of the kind of unsubstantiated nonsense that you seem intent on palming off on the users of this forum. Until you are intellectually honest enough to address any of ...[text shortened]... lear is that you are uninterested in anything but your own propaganda, but we knew that already.
Do you support women who try to escape from violently abusive marriages?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you support women who try to escape from violently abusive marriages?
I am opposed to almost all forms of violence.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15
1 edit

I am opposed to almost all forms of violence.
So am I. But the question is, do you support women in their efforts to remove themselves from violent abusive marriages by divorce if necessary?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So am I. But the question is, do you support women in their efforts to remove themselves from violent abusive marriages by divorce if necessary?
Anyone should be allowed to remove themselves from a violent situation. Divorce is a matter for individuals. Separation and divorce are not one and the same thing as you seem to be attempting to imply.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

Anyone should be allowed to remove themselves from a violent situation. Divorce is a matter for individuals. Separation and divorce are not one and the same thing as you seem to be attempting to imply.
Do you support the principle of women being able to escape from violent marriages by divorcing their abusive husbands if they deem it necessary?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you support the principle of women being able to escape from violent marriages by divorcing their abusive husbands if they deem it necessary?
As I have stated divorce is a matter for the individuals concerned. I have no comment to make beyond that.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you support the principle that separation rather than divorce may be all that is necessary for a women to escape a violent marriage?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

Do you support the principle that separation rather than divorce may be all that is necessary for a women to escape a violent marriage?
Absolutely, of course. I have done a fair bit of work in the field of domestic violence here in Indonesia, and the cultural 'ignominy' sometimes associated with divorce - heaped upon women only, never the men - can often be a whole new form of pervasive abuse, and this is not always the best thing for a traumatized woman to take on when the priority is to remove herself from harm's way.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

As I have stated divorce is a matter for the individuals concerned. I have no comment to make beyond that.
Do you support the principle of women - as individuals - being able to extricate themselves from violent marriages by divorcing abusive husbands if they deem it necessary, and do you think that the state and society should remember that divorce is a matter for the individuals and therefore should not create barriers to this particular solution to the problem of an abusive marriage?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you support the principle of women - as individuals - being able to extricate themselves from violent marriages by divorcing abusive husbands if they deem it necessary, and do you think that the state and society should remember that divorce is a matter for the individuals and therefore should not create barriers to this particular solution to the problem of an abusive marriage?
Divorce is a matter for individuals, this is the last time i will say it.