Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Divorce is a matter for individuals, this is the last time i will say it.
Not really. Divorce is also a matter for the law of the land, the courts system, and what is often misogynistic cultural pressure that prefers the victim to accept her abuse. Do you think the law of the land and the courts system should enable women to get divorced relatively easily, and do you reject or oppose any psychological pressures that might discriminate against women in divorce situations and result in them in continuing to be victims of violence?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Not really. Divorce is also a matter for the law of the land, the courts system, and what is often misogynistic cultural pressure that prefers the victim to accept her abuse. Do you think the law of the land and the courts system should enable women to get divorced relatively easily, and do you reject or oppose any psychological pressures that might discriminate against women in divorce situations and result in them in continuing to be victims of violence?
Its such a complex issue that its almost impossible to make any kind of generic statement. Even if one has ease of access to divorce it can be open to abuse. If you are not prepared to make a life commitment then you are unsuited for marriage. The number one reason for divorce is infidelity, the number two lack of communication, physical, emotional and psychological abuse comes at number three. Other factors are economics, addictions, boredom etc etc Each and everyone of these factors can be addressed without the need of divorce. I am therefore of the opinion that counseling is the best therapy.

Yes divorce is a matter for individuals, violence and abuse are something quite separate and may be dealt with the state accordingly. No one should be placed in a position where they are the victims of violence.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15
1 edit

Yes divorce is a matter for individuals, violence and abuse are something quite separate and may be dealt with the state accordingly.
Should the state do what it can to enable abused women to get a divorce and also attempt to mitigate, in so far as it can, the misogynistic cultural pressures I mentioned that discriminate against women in divorce situations?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

If you are not prepared to make a life commitment then you are unsuited for marriage.
Do you believe the "life commitment" should apply even if the husband is beating his wife or raping her repeatedly?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

No one should be placed in a position where they are the victims of violence.
Should anyone be pressured to accept and endure being the victim of violence if it emerges after the marriage has been going for some time? If a culture was exerting that kind of pressure ~ as it does in Indonesia in so many instances ~ would you condone it? Ignore it? Disapprove of it?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe the "life commitment" should apply even if the husband is beating his wife or raping her repeatedly?
are you sick? in a fever or unable to comprehend what I have written. Why would a life commitment to a marriage mean enduring repeated rapes or violence? Do you think that people enter marriage on the basis that they will be subject to violence and repeatedly raped? Do you really think that being repeatedly raped and subject to violence is in anyway synonymous with having made a life commitment, no? then what are you slobbering about?

This is another ludicrous question as ludicrous as your other stupid attempt to make some kind of correlation between low divorce rates and their contribution to violence. If you will not turn up the tone then I would be pleased if you refrained from insulting my personal dignity with your stupid questions, have I made myself understood? A Christian is under no duress to engage with anyone who resorts to foolish questions. Titus 3:9

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Should anyone be pressured to accept and endure being the victim of violence if it emerges after the marriage has been going for some time? If a culture was exerting that kind of pressure ~ as it does in Indonesia in so many instances ~ would you condone it? Ignore it? Disapprove of it?
I only comment on individual cases where I know all of the facts or at least enough to make a reasoned decision.

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

are you sick? in a fever or unable to comprehend what I have written. Why would a life commitment to a marriage mean enduring repeated rapes or violence? Do you think that people enter marriage on the basis that they will be subject to violence and repeatedly raped? Do you really think that being repeatedly raped and subject to violence is in anyway synonymous with having made a life commitment, no? then what are you slobbering about?

This is another ludicrous question as ludicrous as your other stupid attempt to make some kind of correlation between low divorce rates and their contribution to violence. If you will not turn up the tone then I would be pleased if you refrained from insulting my personal dignity with your stupid questions, have I made myself understood?

Do you believe that the "life commitment" should justifiably and rightfully be cancelled and end in divorce if the husband is beating his wife or raping her repeatedly and if she seeks to end the relationship and commitment by that means? Would you support the woman in that situation?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

I only comment on individual cases where I know all of the facts or at least enough to make a reasoned decision.
I am asking you to comment on the morality and principle relevant to women being pressured to accept and endure being the victim of marital violence. I am not asking you to comment on individual cases.

As for you making a "reasoned decision", could there be a case where you would decide that a woman should bow to pressure to accept and endure being the victim of violence ~ i.e. do you really need to look at the morality of such a scenario only on a case by case basis?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

Do you really think that being repeatedly raped and subject to violence is in anyway synonymous with having made a life commitment, no?
So you do you believe the "life commitment" can be nulled and voided ~ and rightfully withdrawn ~ under certain circumstances, is that right?

F

Moves
03 Oct 15

This is another ludicrous question as ludicrous as your other stupid attempt to make some kind of correlation between low divorce rates and their contribution to violence.
Where is it you think I said low divorce rates contribute to violence? I said no such thing, as I have pointed out to you repeatedly. You keep mentioning this as if I said it, but I didn't.

Would you agree with this statement: 'People should look to India, with its low divorce rate, to see how marriage is supposed to be'?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Oct 15

already provided see my references to cultural aspects and Hinduism.
That's your evidence?! Some random musings from an unknown individual on a random blog.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Oct 15

are you sick? in a fever or unable to comprehend what I have written. Why would a life commitment to a marriage mean enduring repeated rapes or violence? Do you think that people enter marriage on the basis that they will be subject to violence and repeatedly raped? Do you really think that being repeatedly raped and subject to violence is in anyway ...[text shortened]... A Christian is under no duress to engage with anyone who resorts to foolish questions. Titus 3:9
In India it is perfectly legal for a husband to rape his wife provided she is over the age of 15.

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's your evidence?! Some random musings from an unknown individual on a random blog.
yes, perhaps you would like to address the content? FMF could not bring himself to do so and started to slobber, see if you can do better?

rc

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
In India it is perfectly legal for a husband to rape his wife provided she is over the age of 15.
evidence please.