1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I have strong doubts you ever were a Christian, you can claim you were all you want.
    You don't get to define what Christianity is, Kelly. And you don't get to decide who is and isn't a Christian. Profoundly conceited and alienating zeal like yours is one of the many reasons I realized the path you follow is joylessly mundane and spiritually sterile, and is right there among the reasons why I no longer profess the same faith as you do.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't get to define what Christianity is, Kelly. And you don't get to decide who is and isn't a Christian. Profoundly conceited and alienating zeal like yours is one of the many reasons I realized the path you follow is joylessly mundane and spiritually sterile, and is right there among the reasons why I no longer profess the same faith as you do.
    I don't know who is or isn't a Christian, I do know that the only ones that are
    do belong to Jesus Christ since He saved them and is their Lord. I'm not going
    to ask for follow up on why you changed, personally as I said I do not think you
    lost a your walk with Christ, because that would mean you had one. My opinion and
    like you said it is worth no more than the next guys.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think walking with Jesus Christ and the Spirit of God is joyless, mundane,
    and sterile you really don't have a clue about my walk with God so claiming you
    were like me completely isn't true.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:46
    If you think walking with Jesus Christ and the Spirit of God is joyless, mundane,
    and sterile you really don't have a clue about my walk with God so claiming you
    were like me completely isn't true.
    Kelly
    When I "walked with Jesus" it was certainly not joyless, mundane and sterile. Far from it. I am talking about the spiritual vibe you are giving off as you take it upon yourself to declare people Christians and not-Christians.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    When I "walked with Jesus" it was certainly not joyless, mundane and sterile. Far from it. I am talking about the spiritual vibe you are giving off as you take it upon yourself to declare people Christians and not-Christians.
    Okay, a spiritual vibe, cannot debate that one...you got me there.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    If your walk with Jesus wasn't joyless, mundane, and sterile why did you make that
    claim? Those words came from you as you described what you thought I had which
    as I may point out you said your walk was like mine.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 14:53
    If your walk with Jesus wasn't joyless, mundane, and sterile why did you make that
    claim? Those words came from you as you described what you thought I had which
    as I may point out you said your walk was like mine.
    I am saying you give off a joyless, mundane and sterile vibe. You are an alienating kind of Christian.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am saying you give off a joyless, mundane and sterile vibe. You are an alienating kind of Christian.
    Well I guess if you want to reduce this discussion to pure name calling we can
    call it quits.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:15
    Well I guess if you want to reduce this discussion to pure name calling we can
    call it quits.
    You haven't accepted any of my statements about myself in good faith or with good grace. I accept you at your word when you say you were/are a Christian. But you are unable to extend the same bit of common decency to me. It seems to be important to you to declare others to be 'this', 'not that' and 'never the other'. Your whole approach to this has been a clumsy and dreary No True Scotsman fallacy writ large. You don't emit any apparent Christian kindness or empathy that one might want to emulate. Indeed, if I were to emulate you I would presumably be saying I don't accept you are a Christian as you claim. But I'm not like that, whereas you are.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:26
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    That is a no true Scotsman argument.

Basically you are saying that nobody who has ever left the Christian faith can ever really
    have been a Christian because no true Christian would ever leave the faith.
    This is the point yes, Jesus will not lose any who come to Him.
    What has been suggested here by some is that Jesus loses people all the time.
    No power in Heaven or Earth can take someone from God, so if I were to hear
    a claim that God cannot hold on to His own then the god they are talking about
    isn't the God of the universe that sent His Son to die for us. Either God lies or
    the people do when it comes to God's salvation.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You haven't accepted any of my statements about myself in good faith or with good grace. I accept you at your word when you say you were/are a Christian. But you are unable to extend the same bit of common decency to me. It seems to be important to you to declare others to be 'this', 'not that' and 'never the other'. Your whole approach to this has been a clumsy don't accept you are a Christian as you claim. But I'm not like that, whereas you are.
    I've accepted you made claims about being a Christian once.
    I've accepted you changed your mind and refuse to discuss why.
    I've accepted you said your faith was the same as mine at one time, but do not
    describe my faith well when you talk about it.
    I've accepted we are not going to advance our discussion now.
    The discussion centered on what/who is a Christian and why they are.
    For my part Jesus' work makes us one, for your part if I understand you correctly
    a claim is all that is needed, so we disagree, empathy not required.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:35
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    That is a no true Scotsman argument.

This is the point yes....
    Kelly
    Well, the "point" about a 'no true Scotsman argument' is that it is a lazy doctrinaire logical fallacy that displays a rigid insistence on not factoring in the actual real world complexity of the human spirit.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 16:40
    I've accepted you made claims about being a Christian once.
    I've accepted you changed your mind and refuse to discuss why.
    I've accepted you said your faith was the same as mine at one time, but do not
    describe my faith well when you talk about it.
    I've accepted we are not going to advance our discussion now.
    The discussion centered on what/who is a Ch ...[text shortened]... erstand you correctly
    a claim is all that is needed, so we disagree, empathy not required.
    Good for you if your pronouncements about me make you feel good about "Jesus' work" with regard to you. I have no regrets about deciding to separate myself from the kind of on-kelly's-terms-only piety you have displayed here and which is all too common in Christendom.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good for you if your pronouncements about me make you feel good about "Jesus' work" with regard to you. I have no regrets about deciding to separate myself from the kind of on-kelly's-terms-only piety you have displayed here and which is all too common in Christendom.
    I, don't know why you seem so upset over this with me.
    You've rejected Jesus Christ no matter how either of us describe the Christian faith.
    I've not called you names, belittled you in any fashion what so ever.
    I have tried to tell you that your claims do not seem to be logical.
    You cannot say you were "A" then later say "A" is not, was not real, and never
    was real, and be true to your claims you were "A".
    I get you have no regrets this never was a discussion about things like that at
    least on my part. If just saying you were a Christian is how you define the faith
    that there is nothing real about, then you can claim whatever you want to about it.
    If Jesus did a real work and you missed it, to bad you.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:56
    You cannot say you were "A" then later say "A" is not, was not real, and never
    was real, and be true to your claims you were "A".
    Presumably 'A' = Christian.

I can and do say I was 'A'. Later I did say I was not A. You say that this means I wasn't A before. This is patent nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree