My pastor is a secret Atheist

My pastor is a secret Atheist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You raise some very serious points here ,ie whether your vision was real or just a hallucination?

Do you think you could tell the difference?

I believe I could differentiate because of the multitude of "reality shifting/'time slips' " experiences I've- had. If I had to guess I would say 1000, but so many 'laws' break down in different ways.
That far- I shall tell you if I have a problem with any of your terminology.
Yes 'Dreamtime' means 'now time' ; but also includes a whole bunch of other mythology that goes along with it- which is not worth going into, I don't think there is anything too inhumane in their teachings/ways- albeit I'll admit their lifestyles are vastly different. Basically they were a hunter gatherer society and apparently very happy with what the 'gods' had provided them and looked at white men with bewildered looks and wondered why these 'aliens' had come? For to the aboriginals they were aliens.
Actually there were a vast variety of styles to start the assimilation of the aboriginies

Shooting men got their attention of course. The aboriginies were completely in the dark about guns and gun powder. Their rescource was nature, which to them seem to provide everything they needed, including getting high, the only thing is they had to move on after a while so the plants could regenerate. Simple.
Of course there were the kangaroo hunters who killed animals according to traditional law and used nearly all of the animal -like the Chinese.

EDit: This is in response to someones quote- I just cant think who right now

Moves
26 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
I answered you in my last post. Hard to understand it seems.
Sorry it is hard for to understand based on what you wrote, could you clarify: is it possible for a JW to lose their faith?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I never claimed (at any point in my life) I had a relationship with God in the way you define it. If your point is merely that if God had given me stronger proof that he existed (like actually speaking to me, or appearing to me, or some such), then I would probably believe in him today, that's pretty trivial.
Then what made you a Christian at any time in your life, per your claims?
The very best part of Christianity is God, the only reason to turn from our
wicked ways is the Lord! What was it you claim was Christianity if not God?
I didn't become a Christian until I was in my mid 20's, before that I was totally
into enjoying myself, Jesus Christ gave and showed me more, so much more
I quit my old life and turned to God.

What was it you claim you had, that you turned away so now you deny God?
Kelly

F

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
What was it you claim you had, that you turned away so now you deny God?
Well, broadly speaking I was a Christian more or less like you, but then I reached the conclusion that the concept of God/Jesus that you espouse (and I used to) was not the correct path.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
No. I am saying that as far as I am concerned, despite your sincere devotion to and beliefs about Jesus, I don't think God has communicated with you and I don't think you know what His "instructions" are. What I am saying is that I have come to the conclusion that what you say you believe about Jesus and God is not real. In other words, I no longer subscribe to the specific hopes and beliefs that you propagate.
As far as your concern you have never held anyone could have a real
relationship with God through Jesus Christ, so you've never had that to
lose, so you could never really turn away from it your whole life! You have
spent your whole life denying it!

So no one in your opinion could receive God into their hearts, therefore
no one could be baptized in the Spirit of God, so no one could receive
comfort or be guided by the Holy God who calls us His children.

You were always of the opinion God so far away He wasn't never real to
you, except as one you didn't want have tick off after you die? If that was
and is the case, you missed it.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well, broadly speaking I was a Christian more or less like you, but then I reached the conclusion that the concept of God/Jesus that you espouse (and I used to) was not the correct path.
I don't think you were ever a Christian like me, you deny God could enter into
your life and maintained it never has happened to you. You held something as
being a Christian, what was it?
Kelly

F

Moves
26 May 12

I don't think you were ever a Christian like me, you deny God could enter into
your life and maintained it never has happened to you.
I deny what?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I deny what?
God entered your life and a relationship started between you and Him.
Kelly

F

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
I deny what?

God entered your life and a relationship started between you and Him.
Where is it you think I denied this? I was a Christian, just like you. This is the whole point of what I am saying.

F

Moves
26 May 12

As far as your concern you have never held anyone could have a real
relationship with God through Jesus Christ, so you've never had that to
lose, so you could never really turn away from it your whole life! You have
spent your whole life denying it!
Sorry Kelly you're not making any sense. I reckon I am being clear. I used to believe in the relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That was when I was a Christian, like you are. I have now come to the conclusion that it isn't the right spiritual path. The fact that my beliefs have changed does not mean my previous beliefs did not exist.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Sorry Kelly you're not making any sense. I reckon I am being clear. I used to believe in the relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That was when I was a Christian, like you are. I have now come to the conclusion that it isn't the right spiritual path. The fact that my beliefs have changed does not mean my previous beliefs did not exist.
So if I take everything you just said as true, you had God come into your life
you were forgive of all your sins through Jesus Christ. You had God Baptize you
with His Spirit and God started walking with you, leading you, and guiding you
through all of lifes good and bad times, then you rejected God? You rejected
God, the One and only God who created all of Heaven and earth and all things
in them, because something better came along? That sum up your life?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
I've never questioned you had beliefs, the reality of what you had is what I
question.
Kelly

F

Moves
26 May 12
1 edit

I've never questioned you had beliefs, the reality of what you had is what I
question.
The only "reality" either of us is dealing with here is whether we really believe or believed something. I don't see how you have any justification whatsoever in claiming that my beliefs were not "real" before they changed.

F

Moves
26 May 12
1 edit

So if I take everything you just said as true, you had God come into your life you were forgive of all your sins through Jesus Christ. You had God Baptize you with His Spirit and God started walking with you, leading you, and guiding you through all of lifes good and bad times, then you rejected God?
As I have already made clear, I came to the conclusion that the beliefs you hold and propagate - that through Jesus we can find out what "God's instructions" are - was not the correct spiritual path for me. Prior to that, I was a Christian and my Christian beliefs were a "reality" for me every bit as much as your Christian beliefs are a "reality" for you now.

Moves
26 May 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Sorry it is hard for to understand based on what you wrote, could you clarify: is it possible for a JW to lose their faith?
BUMP

For Galveston.