1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Jehovah God? In what form? Or dont you know?
    in what form???? what do you think he is, a morphing creature? a shape shifter? a mutant?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:26
    Jehovah God? In what form? Or dont you know?
    Don't know where your going with this but he is a spirit being.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Don't know where your going with this but he is a spirit being.
    I asked in what form did Jehovah God cause the floods.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:44
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Here are a few internal inconsistencies:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
    http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm

Some are minor gaffes (e.g. disagreement on what colour Jesus' robe was), but some are fairly central (e.g. God is good, but he created evil as per Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and cre ...[text shortened]... tencies in the bible are a warning signal that the truth of the text cannot be assumed.
    Isiah 45:7. If you go to biblegateway.com and look at the different translations of that scripture, other words used for evil are: "Disaster, darkness, calamity, sorrow, bad times".
    Not one of these explinations refer to the Devil or Satan.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:45
    I asked in what form did Jehovah God cause the floods.
    With water? Sorry but I'm not understanding the word, form?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:49
    With water? Sorry but I'm not understanding the word, form?
    Why did the water (form) flood the Earth? Meteorite? 40 days of rain? polar caps melting?
    I don't know. I'm not even sure if was s flood, floods or nothing. I just thought you may know how the Earth was flooded.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 23:59
    Why did the water (form) flood the Earth? Meteorite? 40 days of rain? polar caps melting?
    I don't know. I'm not even sure if was s flood, floods or nothing. I just thought you may know how the Earth was flooded.
    40 days of rain, from underground springs and the water that was already on the earth.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 04:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    shut it, your gay! infact i heard you changed your name to Rajina, pink princess of the Gay Lords! and have now been petitioning the church for the ordination of others of a similar inclination.
    The Company I work for before we got bought out had these pallet containers called "Gaylords" No joke. Now all our freight comes in totes on plain wood pallets. I think the scripture in question is speaking about human pride and ignorance is why some can't find the gate. A warning perhaps. The Gate however is Christ! However myriad upon myriad of every tribe tongue & nation will before the lamb & His throne.

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 04:59
    One thing I think is interesting is that multiple cultures have a very similar story about a flood. I think it's over 200 cultures. How about Noah's ark? If the world found it then what? Some believe it's in modern day Turkey.

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 16:02
    Here are a few internal inconsistencies:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
    http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm

Some are minor gaffes (e.g. disagreement on what colour Jesus' robe was), but some are fairly central (e.g. God is good, but he created evil as per Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and cre ...[text shortened]... tencies in the bible are a warning signal that the truth of the text cannot be assumed.
    The last issue you bring up the the question about the creative days of the earth. That too has been discussed here on the forums and answered. But to answer, the creative days in Genisis were never said to be a 24 hour period at all. "Days" in the Bible are said to be of different lengths of time. One time period is refered to a thousand years. So we have no idea in God's time period how long a creative day was....
  11. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 16:21
    I'm still at work but I'll answer the one about the flood because it's easy. Scientist say that the water we have on earth today including underground, ice caps and in the atmosphere is still the same amount that has always been. Agree?
    So is it not possible that the water was stored somewhat differently then we see it today? The Bible actually answers ...[text shortened]... the amount of water is on this planet and more then enough for God to use to flood it.
    I couldn't find the article you quoted in the archived December 1999 issue of Discover, but I did find this archived in their "Science News" section from December 1, 1999:

"The Earth's oceans are drying up, and there's nothing we can do about it, say a group of Japanese geologists. Each year, the movement of Earth's crust plunges more than a billion tons of water into the mantle, where it is mostly absorbed into the rocks. As a result, the geologists say, someday Earth will likely end up as dry as Mars.

Shigenori Maruyama at the Tokyo Institute of Technology and his colleagues reached their dour conclusion after constructing a detailed budget of how material circulates between the crust and the mantle below. Shortly after our planet formed some 4.6 billion years ago, minerals just below the crust were too hot to trap water. Then about 750 million years ago, Maruyama says, the minerals cooled enough to ferry water to depths where it would be permanently buried.

Sea levels have since dropped by 2,000 feet, Maruyama estimates, and in another billion years the oceans will be gone. He suggests a similar process took place on Mars. Because it is smaller than Earth, Mars cooled faster and so dried up sooner, about 2 billion to 3 billion years ago. "I hope the idea will promote discussion among the biologists who think about the evolution of life," Maruyama says. Environmental changes associated with the initial draining of the oceans, for instance, may have triggered the abrupt diversification of life that eventually led to us."

http://m.discovermagazine.com/1999/dec/newsofsciencemed1735

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? Where did you get your quote from? It definitely wasn't from this article. Also, the numbers you provided in your bogus article sound staggering but they don't add up:

5 x 10^15 gallons of water / (264.17 gallons per cubic metre) = 1.893 x 10^13 m3

This the volume of water to be accounted for, dV. Using the formula V(sphere) = (4/3)*pi*r^3, we can find the volume of the shell between spheres with radii r1 and r2 as follows:

V(r2) - V(r1) = (4/3)*pi*(r2^3 - r1^3) = dV

Taking r1 to be the mean radius of the Earth, 6378100 m, and solving for r2 we have:

r2^3 = dV * (3/4) * (1/pi) + (6378100)^3

r2 = 6387100.037 m

This means that Noah's flood only resulted in a sea-level rise of about 37 cm. Unless everyone was lying face down on the beach, the 5 quadrillions of water wouldn't have killed anyone, except perhaps with boredom. Your other assertions about flood waters tipping the tectonic plates and depositing fossils in neat and ordered striations on the mountain tops are equally bogus. But don't take my word it! Please, please, find a panel of professional geologists and scientists and present your arguments to them. Let us know how it goes. 🙂
  12. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 16:23
    the creative days in Genisis were never said to be a 24 hour period at all. "Days" in the Bible are said to be of different lengths of time.
    This is the first sensible thing you've said all day! 🙂
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 16:30
    I couldn't find the article you quoted in the archived December 1999 issue of Discover, but I did find this archived in their "Science News" section from December 1, 1999:

[quote]"The Earth's oceans are drying up, and there's nothing we can do about it, say a group of Japanese geologists. Each year, the movement of Earth's crust plunges more than a bi ...[text shortened]... and scientists and present your arguments to them. Let us know how it goes. 🙂
    Well it seems to me this article would prove that if these large amounts of water are being absorbed by the earth, then there was much larger amounts of water on the surface of the earth 5000 years ago. Right? As in a flood? Right?
  14. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 16:40
    Well it seems to me this article would prove that if these large amounts of water are being absorbed by the earth, then there was much larger amounts of water on the surface of the earth 5000 years ago. Right? As in a flood? Right?
    Wrong. The article says that about 750 million years ago that sea-level was about 2,000 ft higher than it is today. On average, that's a reduction of about 3.2 x 10-5 inches per year, or 0.81 micrometres per year. 5000 years ago, sea-level would have been about 0.16 inches higher than it is today. I'll let you determine the difference in the amount of surface water this represent as an exercise.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 17:431 edit
    Wrong. The article says that about 750 million years ago that sea-level was about 2,000 ft higher than it is today. On average, that's a reduction of about 3.2 x 10-5 inches per year, or 0.81 micrometres per year. 5000 years ago, sea-level would have been about 0.16 inches higher than it is today. I'll let you determine the difference in the amount of surface water this represent as an exercise.
    If the earth is how it is now. Not the case before the flood.. Prove it wasn't. One thing ones like you will never realize or believe is that this planet was created and it belongs to God. He could have done anything with it he wanted and in any time period he wanted to. But that's too hard for many humans in their small little minds to ever have a concept of.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree