Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:40
    http://phys.org/news/2012-09-slow-moving-odds-life-earth-space.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 21:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2012-09-slow-moving-odds-life-earth-space.html
    take it to science and the UFO/aliens forum.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 22:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    take it to science and the UFO/aliens forum.
    It's a lot more believable than 'god did it'. I'll bet you didn't even read it did you.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 22:14
    It's a lot more believable than 'god did it'. I'll bet you didn't even read it did you.
    You don't really believe that nonsense do you?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 22:141 edit
    i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life some place else and solves nothing.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 22:24
    i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life, some place else and solves nothing.
    The words of the Holy Bible have already solved that problem for us, if only we would believe.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 14:092 edits
    i did, it simply, like all other speculative theories simply places the emergence of life some place else and solves nothing.
    There is that problem, admittedly, if proven to be the foundation of life on Earth, it would not prove the origins of life. You are still left to believe in fairy tales.

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a decent star and planet in the goldilocks zone, it could happen anywhere in the universe, all independent wellsprings of life.

So you are still free to believe a god waved its rhretorical hands and said let there be life, but not just on Earth.

RJ, I don't 'believe' in such a scenario, it is just evidence at this point. I don't disbelieve it either.

You are free to poo poo the whole thing since it is still in the realm of speculation.

100 years from now, it may not be just speculation so scoff while you can.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 14:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The words of the Holy Bible have already solved that problem for us, if only we would believe.
    the bible doesnt explain how god exists.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 01:56
    There is that problem, admittedly, if proven to be the foundation of life on Earth, it would not prove the origins of life. You are still left to believe in fairy tales.

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a d ...[text shortened]... f speculation.

I prefer not to believe in your fairy tale,
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the bible doesnt explain how god exists.
    God is only partially explanable to our finite minds. God is infinite and that is beyond our understanding. Sorry, we can't put God in a box so you can examine Him like a lab rat.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:02
    God is only partially explanable to our finite minds. God is infinite and that is beyond our understanding. Sorry, we can't put God in a box so you can examine Him like a lab rat.
    Now there is a thought I can buy: God as a lab rat. Makes sense considering the human like attributes you put to it. Jealousy, intolerant, capricious, killing whole species of animals to get rid of a few humans who erred. Great god you worship there.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:31

If lithopanspermia is correct, it could mean the entire universe has a certain amount of life in it, or at least in our galaxy. And if it could happen anywhere in our galaxy there is a d ...[text shortened]... f speculation.

Even if it was proven within the next century we know that the fundies would just rant on about it being "just a theory" 😵
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:51
    Now there is a thought I can buy: God as a lab rat. Makes sense considering the human like attributes you put to it. Jealousy, intolerant, capricious, killing whole species of animals to get rid of a few humans who erred. Great god you worship there.
    God created man in His own image. So look at yourself for an idea of the image of God, even though it has become an imperfect image now.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:53
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Even if it was proven within the next century we know that the fundies would just rant on about it being "just a theory" 😵
    It will not be proven because it disagrees with what God said. 😏
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 15:05
    are you saying you dont understand god?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree