1. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 16:46
    If god were to appear you would never believe it were him (Him ha ha). If it were to shoot lightening from its fingers you would call it Satan. People trapped like RJ are the closest to hell i can imagine. Sorry RJ but this:
    "And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words...But these... speak evil of the things they do not understand".
    Thats the sort of fear mongering that turns humanity against humanity, YOU ARE the evil of which you speak.
    Fortunately there is no such thing just varying perceptions, and neither your preaching or my own will ever convert someones own personal truth. But you spread the dark for me to illuminate and thats fine by me.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 16:53
    Originally posted by NOTGATE
    If god were to appear you would never believe it were him (Him ha ha). If it were to shoot lightening from its fingers you would call it Satan. People trapped like RJ are the closest to hell i can imagine. Sorry RJ but this:
    "And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit ...[text shortened]... omeones own personal truth. But you spread the dark for me to illuminate and thats fine by me.
    If it were to shoot lightning from its fingers, although why a god would have fingers in the first place, I would see it as an advanced technology, I would say, is that all you got? Lightning is not supernatural, it comes from high voltages from clouds to ground and we can do 200,000 volts with a cattle prod. It would take something a bit more dramatic that that to convince me it wasn't just an advanced alien.

PS, there is no such thing as a devil.
  3. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 21:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If it were to shoot lightning from its fingers, although why a god would have fingers in the first place, I would see it as an advanced technology, I would say, is that all you got? Lightning is not supernatural, it comes from high voltages from clouds to ground and we can do 200,000 volts with a cattle prod. It would take something a bit more dramatic that ...[text shortened]... hat to convince me it wasn't just an advanced alien.

PS, there is no such thing as a devil.
    What would convince you that you were face to face with god? What convinces me that Im face to face with god is how outstanding everything looks. Pretty cool level if you ask me i don't even want to see the next one.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 10:06
    What would convince you that you were face to face with god? What convinces me that Im face to face with god is how outstanding everything looks. Pretty cool level if you ask me i don't even want to see the next one.
    So rather than an actual study of nature you just dismiss a thousand years of scientific advances and ignore all of that and just proclaim 'god did it'. Theology through ignorance.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 16:52
    So rather than an actual study of nature you just dismiss a thousand years of scientific advances and ignore all of that and just proclaim 'god did it'. Theology through ignorance.
    The study of nature and how it works is what caused the many advances in science. So one doesn't have to dismiss a thousand years of advances to recognize that God was the original Creator of the scientific laws and that man only discovered how some of them work, so he can put them to use.

The Holy Bible foretold of the increase in knowledge and those that become wise in there own eyes. But the wisdom of God is what we all need. True scientific knowledge is fine with us Christian nutjobs, but scientific fairy tales, like the hypothesis of abiogenesis and the theory of evolution, belong in the fiction department with Star Wars and Star Trek.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 17:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The study of nature and how it works is what caused the many advances in science. So one doesn't have to dismiss a thousand years of advances to recognize that God was the original Creator of the scientific laws and that man only discovered how some of them work, so he can put them to use.

The Holy Bible foretold of the increase in knowledge and those tha ...[text shortened]... sis and the theory of evolution, belong in the fiction department with Star Wars and Star Trek.
    Fortunately the number of you nutjobs gets less each year. Sometime in the future, there will be only one or two of you wondering what happened, why nobody agrees with them any more, even religious conservatives.
  7. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 17:58
    I used to be a science man/ atheist, but the many holes remaining in M theory have lead me to believe in God. The big bang apparently popped out of nothing, thats just annoying. String theory which is looking rather valid means that light, electromagnetism, gravity, right down to quarks and neutrinos are all vibrations and distrotions in the fabric of space time. Thats a symphony, None of this proves the existence of a creator, but i'll still thank this universe in advance for the life Im experiencing. The greatest minds in history have conceded themselves that the truth lies in the perception of the individual. Einstien proved it. The measurement problem proved it. Meaning cannot be obtained externally its an internal thing. Therefore we are the masters of creation.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 18:02
    I used to be a science man/ atheist, but the many holes remaining in M theory have lead me to believe in God. The big bang apparently popped out of nothing, thats just annoying. String theory which is looking rather valid means that light, electromagnetism, gravity, right down to quarks and neutrinos are all vibrations and distrotions in the fabric of space ...[text shortened]... cannot be obtained externally its an internal thing. Therefore we are the masters of creation.
    ah, the ole god of the gaps. so, you found that due to ignorance in the form of gaps in knowledge, you decided to arbitrarily believe in a 'god' entity to fill in those gaps?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 18:11
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    ah, the ole god of the gaps. so, you found that due to ignorance in the form of gaps in knowledge, you decided to arbitrarily believe in a 'god' entity to fill in those gaps?
    That is the most logical of conclusions. GOD DID IT. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 18:15
    Still though you didn't answer the question. What would you accept as evidence of a god. I put it to you that you cant think of anything. Advanced technology would cover everything. Which is kind of my point WE ARE God. Not GODS. Maybe when we are creating planets for our own amusement with our advanced technology, it will be clear what is meant by Made in his/ its image. We are all of the same vibrating space time fabric brother, your melody may differ from mine but we sing the same song.
  11. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 18:20
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    No i found it because i can feel it.Science did the rest.
    I can see no ignorance in a Gap in knowledge unless you'd care to explain?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 21:20
    Still though you didn't answer the question. What would you accept as evidence of a god. I put it to you that you cant think of anything. Advanced technology would cover everything. Which is kind of my point WE ARE God. Not GODS. Maybe when we are creating planets for our own amusement with our advanced technology, it will be clear what is meant by Made in h ...[text shortened]... ibrating space time fabric brother, your melody may differ from mine but we sing the same song.
    I more or less agree about the "we are gods" bit, although the word "God" annoys me at times, even though it is to the point.
    I suspect there is no winning of this debate, kudos for trying.

I think the language has got to catch up/alter with human experience. And that all comes back to correct understanding of who we are, which means going through all this other stuff to scientifically prove what we are not.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 22:31
    Still though you didn't answer the question. What would you accept as evidence of a god. I put it to you that you cant think of anything. Advanced technology would cover everything. Which is kind of my point WE ARE God. Not GODS. Maybe when we are creating planets for our own amusement with our advanced technology, it will be clear what is meant by Made in h ...[text shortened]... ibrating space time fabric brother, your melody may differ from mine but we sing the same song.
    Here is the description of an interesting experiment, transcranial magnetic stimulation. 4 out of 5 subjects reported feeling a presence beside them after undergoing this magnetic field stimulation of the brain. And the field was weak, one micro tesla, that is one one hundreth's of a gauss, and the magnetic field of the earth is many times stronger than that, closer to one whole gauss. Read the piece:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19423610/In-Search-of-God-Transcranial-Magnetic-Stimulation
  14. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 23:17
    Here is the description of an interesting experiment, transcranial magnetic stimulation. 4 out of 5 subjects reported feeling a presence beside them after undergoing this magnetic field stimulation of the brain. And the field was weak, one micro tesla, that is one one hundreth's of a gauss, and the magnetic field of the earth is many times stronger than tha ...[text shortened]... piece:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19423610/In-Search-of-God-Transcranial-Magnetic-Stimulation
    That was an amazing article. Its good that its realized that even though these things can be stimulated by an external source, it still doesn't invalidate the persons experience as a spiritual one.
    It's like "So, you've just had some sort of religious experience that we instigated in a lab for you. However we still can't actually deny that you have had a genuine religious experience, because where else but in the brain would we expect these to take place".
    I'm afraid it the kind of debate that can never be undone. No matter how much evidence is brought forward to deny the existence of a creator, the counter will always be that everything is encapsulated within that creation. If you can generate your god with a helmet thats fine, however if that god tells you to go kill someone then at some point you've got the wrong end of the stick.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 00:35
    No i found it because i can feel it.Science did the rest.
    I can see no ignorance in a Gap in knowledge unless you'd care to explain?
    this is what you said.

"but the many holes remaining in M theory have lead me to believe in God."

you claimed that a gap in knowledge led you to believe in god.

it's must be real satisfying to "feel" it. sorry if the rest of us don't jump on the band wagon and go by your feelings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree