1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 00:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is the description of an interesting experiment, transcranial magnetic stimulation. 4 out of 5 subjects reported feeling a presence beside them after undergoing this magnetic field stimulation of the brain. And the field was weak, one micro tesla, that is one one hundreth's of a gauss, and the magnetic field of the earth is many times stronger than tha ...[text shortened]... piece:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19423610/In-Search-of-God-Transcranial-Magnetic-Stimulation
    interesting, but that only tells us that a sense of presence can be artificially stimulated by shooting magnetic fields through the brain. i can artificially stimulate some things too. 🙂
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 02:05
    http://phys.org/news/2012-09-slow-moving-odds-life-earth-space.html
    Still looking for a fairy tale that works for you? Seriously, no one can come up with
    why life started on earth so it had to start else where and came here from off
    world? That just pushes the issues off world that cannot be solved here, which is
    sort of what scripture teaches since God created life from off world. 🙂
    Kelly
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 02:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Still looking for a fairy tale that works for you? Seriously, no one can come up with
    world? That just pushes the issues off world that cannot be solved here, which is
    Kelly
    oh yes, lets stop trying to find the answers and just believe what a bunch of primitive savages wrote in a book thousands of years ago.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 02:40
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    oh yes, lets stop trying to find the answers and just believe what a bunch of primitive savages wrote in a book thousands of years ago.
    Oh no, I bet if people keep making up stories on how it could have happen that
    someone may come up with a story that may be true, of course how would you
    confirm that? The way life started isn't even my concern, I want to know where
    everything came from? You got a story/fairy tale for that question? Near as I can
    tell, only "In the beginning God" seems to answer that and the life question at
    the same time.
    Kelly
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 03:38
    Typical.

Surely you don't believe that we are all just a few generations removed from being a race of "primitive savages." And to be fair, even if you're right, then all the Atheists are bound by the same description.

Unless of course, you are trying to argue that only the believers are primitive savages, and the Atheists on the other hand, are brilliant intellectuals. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you actually believed that, the fact is, such a notion is laughably absurd.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 05:25
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Typical.

Surely you don't believe that we are all just a few generations removed from being a race of "primitive savages."
    i said nothing of the sort.

And to be fair, even if you're right, then all the Atheists are bound by the same description.

Unless of course, you are trying to argue that only the believers are primitive savages, and the Atheists on the other hand, are brilliant intellectuals. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you actually believed that, the fact is, such a notion is laughably absurd.

it seems from your reply that you don't know what you are replying to since it makes no sense in the context of what i said. are you sure you understood? or perhaps you're just practicing strawman argument tactics? let me know if you need a walkthrough.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 05:33
    Oh no, I bet if people keep making up stories on how it could have happen that
    someone may come up with a story that may be true, of course how would you
    confirm that? The way life started isn't even my concern, I want to know where
    everything came from? You got a story/fairy tale for that question? Near as I can
    tell, only "In the beginning God" seems to answer that and the life question at
    the same time.
    Kelly
    "in the beginning god.." is one of the stories people made up. there are many other versions. the fields of science don't make up stories. they write theories then test those theories. if the tests fail, the theories are abandoned. if no tests exist at this time, the theory enters a pending phase until it can be tested.

so don't bother with the testing. just go ahead and believe some stories made up by primitive savages thousands of years ago. you have several to choose from, all equally valid in their absurdity. don't forget to believe the other stories that go with it, like the one that explains earthquakes...which is when your angry god shakes the pillars of the earth... and people turning to salt. that's a good one.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 16:264 edits
    Kelly
    At least they are looking at ideas. All you are looking at is dogma, and copy and paste dogma at that, not even from christianity or Judaism, you are getting it third hand.

When I posted that article I wasn't saying I thought it proven or anything like that, just one of several kinds of ideas that can show how life arrived here on Earth. If it holds true, it does not answer the ultimate question of how life started, we may become interstellar, have colonies on stars a thousand light years away and not know the answer to that one, especially if that star born life theory proves true.

In my opinion, if that star born life theory were true, life may just spring up wherever conditions around billions of stars are halfway hospitable, all independently so if that were true there would be no ground zero of life origins anywhere in the universe or life on Earth.

The whole universe may turn out to be verdant.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 02:00
    i said nothing of the sort.

[quote] And to be fair, even if you're right, then all the Atheists are bound by the same description.

Unless of course, you are trying to argue that only the believers are primitive savages, and the Atheists on the other hand, are brilliant intellectuals. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you actually believed that, ...[text shortened]... ps you're just practicing strawman argument tactics? let me know if you need a walkthrough.
    You made no sense in the context of what you were saying. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 02:02
    "in the beginning god.." is one of the stories people made up. there are many other versions. the fields of science don't make up stories. they write theories then test those theories. if the tests fail, the theories are abandoned. if no tests exist at this time, the theory enters a pending phase until it can be tested.

so don't bother with the te ...[text shortened]... gry god shakes the pillars of the earth... and people turning to salt. that's a good one.
    Don't you realize "theories" are made-up stories by men? 😏
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 02:05
    At least they are looking at ideas. All you are looking at is dogma, and copy and paste dogma at that, not even from christianity or Judaism, you are getting it third hand.

When I posted that article I wasn't saying I thought it proven or anything like that, just one of several kinds of ideas that can show how life arrived here on Earth. If it holds tru ...[text shortened]... ns anywhere in the universe or life on Earth.

The whole universe may turn out to be verdant.
    God forbid. 😏
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 11:14
    Er, that so-called proof you think you know about is words, words, and more words. If some god or other wants to show itself, fine, after I check myself out of a mental hospital for hallucinations, I might believe too. Other than that, humans telling me there is a god, especially the christian god, are out of luck. Like I said, even when I was 7 I saw the h ...[text shortened]... e man made not the other way round. You have anything better than 'the proof is in the bible'?
    So you've been blind all your life? Even from an early age you properly understood Christianity? Wow, you must be the only one I know of. The Bible is my only proof, it is all I need, I try very hard to live, walk and talk it.

The fact that you don't believe in God does worry me, only in a way that I can not believe that any one can not see that all creation is perfectly created and each and everything is put at the right place for our existence. The same people not believing in God, believes everything is put at the right place at the right time out of pure luck. It probably was the aliens that did all of this. By the way, there are people who believe that we were aliens before we were human, maybe we created ourself's hey?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 11:52
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    So you've been blind all your life? Even from an early age you properly understood Christianity? Wow, you must be the only one I know of. The Bible is my only proof, it is all I need, I try very hard to live, walk and talk it.

The fact that you don't believe in God does worry me, only in a way that I can not believe that any one can not see that all crea ...[text shortened]... people who believe that we were aliens before we were human, maybe we created ourself's hey?
    why do you presume atheists think its pure luck?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 15:33
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why do you presume atheists think its pure luck?
    We don't have to presume, they tell us. 😏
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 16:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We don't have to presume, they tell us. 😏
    nope, maybe its your old age but your making things up in your head. atheist tend to believe in science and mathematics, its a matter of probability that there are going to be goldilock type planets, nothing to do with luck.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree