New study of how life got here, lithopanspermia:

New study of how life got here, lithopanspermia:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
03 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't you realize "theories" are made-up stories by men? 🙄
no, i don't realize that. it's not even true. you wouldn't know this because your knowledge of science is about the same as your knowledge of religion: nil.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Oct 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
no, i don't realize that. it's not even true. you wouldn't know this because your knowledge of science is about the same as your knowledge of religion: nil.
Well, it is obvious that I know a whole lot more about Christianity than you do. 😏

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
04 Oct 12

Well, it is obvious that I know a whole lot more about Christianity than you do. 🙄
it's obvious you know a whole lot of nothing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Oct 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
So you've been blind all your life? Even from an early age you properly understood Christianity? Wow, you must be the only one I know of. The Bible is my only proof, it is all I need, I try very hard to live, walk and talk it.

The fact that you don't believe in God does worry me, only in a way that I can not believe that any one can not see that all crea ...[text shortened]... people who believe that we were aliens before we were human, maybe we created ourself's hey?
See, that is one of the big problems with your so-called religion. You are driven to try to 'help' me and others you feel on the wrong track. This proselytizing you hold so dear is abhorrent to me, one of the features of your religion I personally dislike in the extreme. I don't want or need your contempt or pity or help leading me to your so-called promised land, especially for a man made god with zero backing it up but humans making strident prophesies and stories about what they think a god thinks, giving your god human attributes like jealousy, hate, war mongering and the like. All that is in your bible and I for one cannot see how you can separate all that garbage and obvious anthropomorphizing, giving your so-called god all these human traits.

It's really too bad a real god won't show up and show you what a real god is all about. And no, I don't have a clue as to what a real god would be like so don't pull that god card on me. All I know is your so-called god ain't.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
05 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
why do you presume atheists think its pure luck?
Don't all that believe in evolution really believe that everything came to existence out of luck? It just happened, for no reason?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Oct 12

Don't all that believe in evolution really believe that everything came to existence out of luck? It just happened, for no reason?
Theistic evolution? Have you ever come across that one?

Cape Town

Moves
05 Oct 12

No, understanding evolution is like understanding chemistry. It has nothing whatsoever to do with how or why the universe came into existence.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Oct 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, understanding evolution is like understanding chemistry. It has nothing whatsoever to do with how or why the universe came into existence.
It is a good thing, for if it had been left up to evolution, we would never have come into existence. 😏

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Oct 12

It is a good thing, for if it had been left up to evolution, we would never have come into existence. 😏

Gag me with a spoon.

n

Moves
06 Oct 12

Retardation has a poster child!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 12

Originally posted by nook7
Retardation has a poster child!
He really knows his evolution theory doesn't he.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Oct 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
You mean understanding "adaptation" is like understanding Chemistry. Chemist do not need to assume things like the evolutionists do. Evolution is not a science like Chemistry. Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups, who do not want to believe in the existence of God.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 12
1 edit

You mean understanding "adaptation" is like understanding Chemistry. Chemist do not need to assume things like the evolutionists do. Evolution is not a science like Chemistry. Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups, who do not want to believe in the existence of God.
For you and the vanishing minority only. In the real world we stopped denying evolution since it has been shown correct thousands of times over.

You are a relic from the times when Darwin first came out with evolution
and a rapidly reducing relic at that.

It really doesn't matter what you fringe people think, the real world goes on quite well without you.

Enjoy your relicness while you can. You are a rapidly diminishing minority. Maybe you can even live to be the last one, you could then be the voice crying in the wilderness all alone.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Oct 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
For you and the vanishing minority only. In the real world we stopped denying evolution since it has been shown correct thousands of times over.

You are a relic from the times when Darwin first came out with evolution
and a rapidly reducing relic at that.

It really doesn't matter what you fringe people think, the real world goes on quite well witho ...[text shortened]... n even live to be the last one, you could then be the voice crying in the wilderness all alone.
Enjoy your fairy tale for grownups while you can. New discoveries are proving evolution does not exist. It will soon be called intelligent design. 😏

Moves
07 Oct 12

no, not me anyway. an important point to clarify is that atheist do not all think the same thing, there is no guide book to being an atheist.

i have a problem with the word 'luck'. its a subjective word, we all give it different meanings. im not sure what you mean when you say 'luck'. regardless of that point, it is impossible to calculate the odds of our coming into existence as we do not have enough information yet.

'no reason' is a loaded phrase, it implies there should be a reason and because we like 'reasons' the lack of one would make something implausible. the reality is reason or no reason, we do not know either way (yet!) and the potential lack of reason in no way effects the possibilities.