1. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:15
    For the few here that think the JW's are consumed in only preaching doom and gloom about the world now, here ya go. This is the hope that we teach to all and why we come to your doors.
    If you are not interested in this prospect, simply tell us and we will leave.....

God’s Kingdom Will Carry Out His Purpose

In addition to guaranteeing that the earth will never expire, God’s Word also tells us that he “formed it even to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) Although our earth has been inhabited for thousands of years, that in itself has not fulfilled God’s purpose.
    Jehovah is a “happy God” and “a lover of justice.” (1 Timothy 1:11; Psalm 37:28)

His purpose is for all humans to live happily and free from injustice. In order to carry out his purpose, God foretold that he would set up one Kingdom in the heavens that will rule over the entire earth. (Daniel 2:44) While on earth, Jesus regularly spoke about God’s Kingdom government. He encouraged his disciples to pray for it because he knew of all the blessings that were in store for the earth under the reign of that Kingdom. (Matthew 6:9, 10; 24:14) What are some of those blessings?

▪ Peace and security will prevail because God promises to end all wars.—Psalm 46:9.
    ▪ There will be ample food for all.—Psalm 72:16.
    ▪ Health care will not be an issue because “no resident will say: ‘I am sick.’”—Isaiah 33:24.
    ▪ Grieving will not be necessary, for “death will be no more.”—Revelation 21:4.
    ▪ God promises that his people will build their own houses, live in security, and “be joyful forever.”—Isaiah 65:17-24.

No doubt you long to enjoy conditions like those outlined above. Jehovah has a fiery zeal—a burning desire—to carry out all that he has foretold. (Isaiah 9:6, 7)
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:18
    No thanks, I'll pass.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    For the few here that think the JW's are consumed in only preaching doom and gloom about the world now, here ya go. This is the hope that we teach to all and why we come to your doors.
    If you are not interested in this prospect, simply tell us and we will leave.....

In addition t ...[text shortened]... ehovah has a fiery zeal—a burning desire—to carry out all that he has foretold. (Isaiah 9:6, 7)
    Nothing to do with JWs though is it. Rather just more about the mesage of mainstream Christianity al la the last 2000 years...
  4. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No thanks, I'll pass.
    No problem....
  5. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nothing to do with JWs though is it. Rather just more about the mesage of mainstream Christianity al la the last 2000 years...
    Actually main stream Christianity does not teach this. They pretty much believe in just going to heaven and not so much living here on earth.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 21:59
    Actually main stream Christianity does not teach this. They pretty much believe in just going to heaven and not so much living here on earth.
    News to me, what evidence do you have for this generalisation?
  7. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 22:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    News to me, what evidence do you have for this generalisation?
    Well I never hear of any Christians themselves state this earthly option nor does their preachers teach this. They all think they will go to heaven to float around on some fluffy clouds and play music all day.
    The have no idea who the "Great crowd" is and where they will be at, as is different then the "Little flock" and where they will be at.
    I don't need evidence as all one has to do is ask most any Christian about this subject.
    Most find it confusing and even under them and their saved position they think they have in the bag so to speak, that most JW's know we will not go to heaven in the future and will be here on earth to live. This is what these and many other scriptures speak of.
    No where in the Bible does it say all good humans will be going to heaven after they die. NO WHERE.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 23:06

In addition t ...[text shortened]... ehovah has a fiery zeal—a burning desire—to carry out all that he has foretold. (Isaiah 9:6, 7)
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/talk.religion.misc/btCIS7U_9bA
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 23:34
    No problem....
    Really, Excellent!

So when your god turns up and Armageddon happens he will leave me and anyone else
    who doesn't want to participate alone and wont either force us to waste our time
    pretending to worship him or throw us into a lake of fire for failing to do the same....
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 00:20

if his purpose is for humans to live happily without injustice, he'll have to remove himself from the equation.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 00:27
    what it means to be a christian:

the hope that a powerful alien civilization will invade the earth, murder every human being who is willing to fight using chemical, ecological, biological and nuclear warfare. and subjugate the remainder.

and you'll be rooting for the wrong side.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 00:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/talk.religion.misc/btCIS7U_9bA
    So galveston75 has just lifted this from another web site and is passing it off as his own writing here.
  13. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:13
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Really, Excellent!

So when your god turns up and Armageddon happens he will leave me and anyone else
    who doesn't want to participate alone and wont either force us to waste our time
    pretending to worship him or throw us into a lake of fire for failing to do the same....
    That's between you and him isn't it?
  14. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    So galveston75 has just lifted this from another web site and is passing it off as his own writing here.
    Well of course I did. And I also have some ocean front property I'll sell ya really cheap too....
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:17
    Well of course I did.
    Admitting it after you've been caught doesn't really work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree