1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Admitting it after you've been caught doesn't really work.
    It was a joke.....
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It was a joke.....
    It was deception. Plagiarism cannot be declared to have been "a joke" retrospectively.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was deception. Plagiarism cannot be declared to have been "a joke" retrospectively.
    I guess you can if you're a christian, pardon me, a Paulian.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 03:42
    For the few here that think the JW's are consumed in only preaching doom and gloom about the world now, here ya go. This is the hope that we teach to all and why we come to your doors.
    If you are not interested in this prospect, simply tell us and we will leave.....

God’s Kingdom Will Carry Out His Purpose

In addition t ...[text shortened]... ehovah has a fiery zeal—a burning desire—to carry out all that he has foretold. (Isaiah 9:6, 7)
    Hi,

At the beginning you say that God's earth will never expire and you reference (Isiah 45:18) "formed it to be inhabited" it does say. "Never expire" it does not.

Where in scripture does God 'Guarantee' earth will never expire?

II Peter 3:13 says quite the opposite
    "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

The promise from II Peter 3:13 can be found in:

Isiah 65:17 "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth:and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.

and Isiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain."

Also:

Revelation 21:1&2
    Revelation 21:10

Can you show me the 'Guarantee' the earth will never expire in scripture, that you talk about.

Thanks
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    So galveston75 has just lifted this from another web site and is passing it off as his own writing here.
    It seems most of his detailed posts are cribbed from somewhere. 😛
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    He does seem to have difficulty when he strays from the ideas and words of others, and instead ventures forth with words of his own. But we all take that risk in a public arena like this. If he doesn't credit the source, and instead passes it off as his own writing, it is dishonest. It has been pointed out to him over and over again.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:33
    Originally posted by boonon
    Hi,

At the beginning you say that God's earth will never expire and you reference (Isiah 45:18) "formed it to be inhabited" it does say. "Never expire" it does not.

Where in scripture does God 'Guarantee' earth will never expire?

II Peter 3:13 says quite the opposite
    "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, ...[text shortened]... uarantee' the earth will never expire in scripture, that you talk about.

Thanks
    Hi and no problem at all. This has been a topic that has come up here a few times but still an interesting one.
    But just a couple questions one has to ask about these scriptures and one is this to be taken literally or is it symbolic.
    The best way is to let the Bible answer this itself.

Another scriptures says this: Ecclesiastes 1:4

4 One generation goes and another generation comes, but the earth remains forever.

Ps 37:29 says: The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will reside forever upon it.

Ps 104:5: He has founded the earth upon its established places;
    It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

Also Jesus’ disciples did asked him a direct question about the end of the world. This is recorded at Matthew 24:3, according to the King James, or Authorized, Version of the Bible: “Tell us, . . . what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”

Other Bible translations help us to understand that the Greek word for “world” (ai·on&#8242😉 used in this text does not refer to the literal earth or to the material universe. Several Bible versions translate the expression as “end of the age,” or as “the final time.” The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures renders the verse: “What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

Matthew 24:3
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3 And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, `Tell us, when shall these be? and what [is] the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?'

So by the use of the word "age" that was being asked here to Jesus, it was refering to and age, or a time period, not the planet itself. If it were the literal planet that was going to be destroyed, this would have been asked by them. But they understood it to mean a system or and age or a period of time in the future.

But a couple more thoughts is the scripture says a "new earth and a new heaven" is why would either literally need to be replaced? Nothing is wrong with them. It's only what is going on in them is the issue.
    And how could the heavens be made new? If it was destroyed, how would that affect the spirit beings in them? Where would the angels and Jesus and even God himself go if the heavens were destroyed?

And again, why destroy the planet?

So this statement that a new heavens and new earth must mean something else.

The Bible says that Jesus cast satan and his demons out of heaven and that soon the earth would be cleansed of Satan and all wicked humans just as heaven would be when Jesus did this casting of satan out of it.

1 John 2:17
    New Life Version (NLV)

17 The world and all its desires will pass away. But the man who obeys God and does what He wants done will live forever.

How could a literal planet have a "desire"? Again this is referring to the world of mankind, not the planet.

Also God did not destroy the planet when he destroyed the wicked with the flood.
    The Bible says that he will use fire at armegeddon which is used in the Bible to cleanse completely anything wicked or bad. But he never said he would destroy the planet.

Peter also wrote that “the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire.” From the context and in the light of other scriptures, it is evident that this is not a literal fire but signifies everlasting destruction. As the Flood of Noah’s day did not destroy the literal heavens and earth, but only the ungodly persons, so also the revelation of Jesus Christ with his powerful angels in a flaming fire will result in permanent destruction only for the ungodly and the wicked system of things of which they are a part.—2Pe 3:5-7, 10-13; 2Th 1:6-10; compare Isa 66:15, 16, 22, 24.

I hope this helps.......Thanks.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:40
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So what exactly are you accusing me of? Is it wrong to quote from an outside sourse or are we only allowed to speak for our own thoughts?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:51
    So what exactly are you accusing me of? Is it wrong to quote from an outside sourse or are we only allowed to speak for our own thoughts?
    Passing off writing as your own is fraudulent. You have had this pointed to you repeatedly.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 05:04
    There is nothing wrong with using outside sources if you credit the source.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    He does seem to have difficulty when he strays from the ideas and words of others, and instead ventures forth with words of his own. But we all take that risk in a public arena like this. If he doesn't credit the source, and instead passes it off as his own writing, it is dishonest. It has been pointed out to him over and over again.
    Obama did the same thing by passing off his "Just Words" as his own speech without giving credit. It was not written by his speech writers either. 😏
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obama did the same thing by passing off his "Just Words" as his own speech without giving credit. It was not written by his speech writers either.
    The issue here is galveston75's OP.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    The issue here is galveston75's OP.
    So it is okay for Obama to do it, but not for galveston75. I wonder why that is? 😏
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:12
    Are you yet again coming to this forum pretending that you don't know that it is intellectually dishonest to plagiarise someone else's words?

You do this all too frequently with JW copy/paste dumps also. Just becuase it is your religiousorganisation that produces the material, does not give you the right to steal it and pretend it is your own thoughts.

In this case you are stealing from an online poster who you don't even know!

Disappointing Galveston.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So it is okay for Obama to do it, but not for galveston75. I wonder why that is?
    The issue is galveston75 and this thread. As for other matters, you are entitled to wonder whatever you want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree