1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 22:042 edits
    Originally posted by dube
    Robbie,
    Anyone who writes as beautifully as you do, who explores as deeply as you do, is surely warmed by the sun (son) of love and the nephew of satisfaction.
    Your eloquence and understanding belie your point.
    I think you are being overly modest about the joy/beauty in your life...and, perhaps, putting us on a bit for the sake of a good discussion.
    Also, b ...[text shortened]... all, we live in the present moment...the treasure chest of bliss. We have only to lift the lid.
    i perceive sir that you are a poet able to distil the very essence of words and hold them up to the sunlight, shimmering in the radiance so that the ambience of their import may resound like gentle waves caressing the shore! But enough of this pretence, in actual fact, it was the Buddhist idea that beetle clarified that had taken me and i suffered some false epiphany that my lack of desire was somehow an indication of enlightenment, nothing could now be further from the truth, for it seems that i am not but a grumpy man! Your kind words are very much appreciated on this forum, whence they are too often a stranger! 🙂
  2. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 23:351 edit
    Desire, by definition, is a condition of anticipated satisfaction, thus implying a state of current suffering and/or dissatisfaction.

Buddha calls us to dwell in the MOMENT... the very house of the divine where there is nothing left to desire..
    When assumptions and mentation are suspended (overcome), only the taste and glory of being remain.
    Thank you, Robbie, for allowing me to develop these thoughts.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 04:16
    Originally posted by dube
    Desire, by definition, is a condition of anticipated satisfaction, thus implying a state of current suffering and/or dissatisfaction.

Buddha calls us to dwell in the MOMENT... the very house of the divine where there is nothing left to desire..
    When assumptions and mentation are suspended (overcome), only the taste and glory of being remain.
    Thank you, Robbie, for allowing me to develop these thoughts.
    while you developping just dont forget that MOMENT, 🙂
  4. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 19:33
    Touché. Very funny...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree