1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 01:131 edit
    I find myself in a position of having no pressing desires. I do not want to be richer, nor poorer, more loved by those who are close to me, nor liked by those who are far away. I do not want to reside on a tropical island nor do i wish to be famous. I have no desire to create, to build, nor to tear down. I do not desire power or a position of excessive responsibility nor to be exemplary in any way. I have no plans, nor any real goals that i feel i need to achieve, being content with sustenance and covering i find myself in a position of not really desiring anything at all. Am i enlightened or clinically depressed or neither?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 01:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I find myself in a position of having no pressing desires. I do not want to be richer, nor poorer, more loved by those who are close to me, nor liked by those who are far away. I do not want to reside on a tropical island nor do i wish to be famous. I have no desire to create, to build, nor to tear down. I do not desire power or a position of exce ...[text shortened]... on of not really desiring anything at all. Am i enlightened or clinically depressed or neither?
    I think what has happened is that you have become one with RHP. What is the far eastern term? I believe its redzennednirvana. Congrats!! 😵
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 01:42
    I find myself in a position of having no pressing desires. I do not want to be richer, nor poorer, more loved by those who are close to me, nor liked by those who are far away. I do not want to reside on a tropical island nor do i wish to be famous. I have no desire to create, to build, nor to tear down. I do not desire power or a position of exce ...[text shortened]... on of not really desiring anything at all. Am i enlightened or clinically depressed or neither?
    Do you differentiate between wordly desires and the desire to know God? Is it it all just desire for you?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 01:45
    I can relate to you having no "pressing desires" . I could agree with that generally, but I believe desire has its place to motivate (especially young) people to "get into life" and give them energy and direction so that they MAY learn. They may learn about the nature of desire, if nothing else.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 02:15
    Sir, I wouldn't dare make judgement on your present circumstances but pleeease, think twice on drugs therapies if you consider such problems worthy of a doctors visit..could be motivational but, again, only you would know..speaking of myself only, there are many many ways of dealing with psychological issues. After a long educational stint I suddenly found myself getting symtoms of dreadful anxiety, was I going mad, how would I know why my memory was failing, my nerves, my very fabric of being ( it was like out of body experience, you doubt who you are and others around you..I'm not undermining psychiatric conditions but lol to the folk that could suggest it's psychiatric, even my GP evaluated that, anxiety is what it is and all ecompassing, it's panic...it was a death that had far more an impact than I gave credit ) I was being undermined by myself and subconsciously how my fathers passing had truly affected me, dreadful in that I'd actively avoid what once I excelled, addressing many people. I'd avoid people full stop.. The fact that the anxiety had been 'present,' building and building subconsciously, for many years but effectively masked in many ways, was something that I clearly would never have been aware of had I not sought help. The obvious, cheapest, quick hit, 'solutions' are drugs, the doctors, the drug companies love this route..it's just plain cost effective given the enormous sums involved with therapies of any kind. Only if you fit certain criteria would you be considered for secondary treatments. I digress...many months down the line I was suitably 'pilled up' and appearing to get to grips with my underlying issue, not so. I was extremely fortunate to 'luck' on the 'cooperative services' of a certain now practitioner, I count Charles Linden in this regard...a bit of a big whig now but similar to myself then..'recovering.' He wrote many books, many DVD's, all aimed at effectively dealing with anxieties without drug input..this is a long route but one that pays dividends.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 03:48
    Maybe it's just serenity.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 06:51
    Too many words affect your focus😵
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 10:07
    Next step is to conquer your attachments, apparently.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 10:20
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    To conquer your attachments is first to understand them. Which starts with being totally aware of all your thought/actions . Just understanding the process of your relationship with your own concience will lead you to see that there is no real escape from attachments/desires. To understand them fully, is to transcend them.
    Do not try to overcome them, just understand the psycological process.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    To conquer your attachments is first to understand them. Which starts with being totally aware of all your thought/actions . Just understanding the process of your relationship with your own concience will lead you to see that there is no real escape from attachments/desires. To understand them fully, is to transcend them.
    Do not try to overcome them, just understand the psycological process.
    Indeed. Any tips on the struggle with self?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:45
    It sounds like a Hindu state of mind; not sure if that is what you get taught at kingdom hall, but maybe something to consider.

http://1stholistic.com/prayer/Hindu/hol_Hindu-inner-peace.htm

On the other hand, a good combination of boredom and laziness will achieve a similar result.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Sir, I wouldn't dare make judgement on your present circumstances but pleeease, think twice on drugs therapies if you consider such problems worthy of a doctors visit..could be motivational but, again, only you would know..speaking of myself only, there are many many ways of dealing with psychological issues. After a long educational stint I suddenly fou ieties without drug input..this is a long route but one that pays dividends.
    Sir, one can but admire the candour of this text and i agree with you whole heartedly as one having some experience with psychiatric practice. The use of drugs to treat illnesses of the mind seems to me is based on a purely materialistic approach in that it is assumed that the catalyst for such ailments is based on chemical imbalances of the mind. To state that it is not really understood is an understatement, for human being are far more complicated than a collection of electro chemical impulses to the synapses, proof of which is that what may work for one individual may have no effect on another, and if it were merely a case of chemical imbalance then symptoms would be cured, not merely arrested.

Your own experience would seem to indicate that there are much deeper concerns of the mind than that which is purely material, which being a self interpreting organ, in an attempt to make sense of a trauma, and somehow having failed to do so, caused extreme anxiety. These type of 'out of body', experiences are not uncommon, for the mind is trying to make sense of something which does not make sense, thus we may feel paralysed, fully conscious but unable to move or it gets repressed and stored away in the subconscious and manifests itself in another way.

I salute your bravery, for all that you say is true, we are in such a hurry simply to manage these things and there is a panacea for all, rather than trying to understand them, treatment of the whole person is now essential. That such treatments are viewed as secondary and with scepticism, despite the popularity of homoeopathy and alternative treatment is perhaps a reflection of our trust in science, that everything can be solved materially, when in fact, we are much more complicated than that.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:52
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Maybe it's just serenity.
    i think it could be the case my learned friend, simply contentment. I really wondered about the differences, for as i understood the Buddhist concept, desire was linked with pain, and thus if one can eradicate desire, one should indeed be serene 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:53
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    what does this mean Cat dude, to conquer ones attachments - serious question.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It sounds like a Hindu state of mind; not sure if that is what you get taught at kingdom hall, but maybe something to consider.

http://1stholistic.com/prayer/Hindu/hol_Hindu-inner-peace.htm

On the other hand, a good combination of boredom and laziness will achieve a similar result.
    what i get taught at the Kingdom hall is to live simply and be content - i really think it may just be that, nothing more, i just found it strange that i do not really want for anything. I mean, its not like there are not enough opportunities, or beautiful places to visit, or monet to be made, i just cant buy into any of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree