Originally posted by vistesd
    Buddha-Zen Zorba-Zen—

Not a hair of light between them! πŸ™‚
    😡
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 11:451 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks it is not necessary to be a Buddhist in order to develop your own Zen (your own spirit) by means of deep meditation over specific epistemic objects. I meditate on emptiness and on the outcome of the realisation of this unit of knowledge, and I apply a personal Koan Zen-Madhyamaka-GraecoBuddhism reasoning that I cultivate it constantly keeping a ...[text shortened]... id philosophic and scientific finds and evidence, all the possible falsifications that arise
    😡
    me remembers reading something similar in the works of Mills when i was younger, he felt that the Christ was an excellent model to adopt for keeping the mind and body morally pure, so that he could focus his attentions on his thoughts, its hazy for it was a long time ago πŸ™‚

Never the less, this has to be one of the most encouraging posts i think i have read on spirituality forum, for all Christians would do well to read it, for unless we meditate deeply on our exemplar, how indeed is it possible that his mode of life and conduct and his teaching shall percolate from our mind to our hearts and influence our motivations?

It appears to me to me dear beetle to be really the crux of the matter, for many are brilliant at absorbing and assimilating material into their minds, but unless it reaches the heart, that very seat of motivation, it remains just that, an intellectual exercise and practically impotent in helping the adherent to become more Christ like. Even as the cow chews the cud so as to extract vital nutrients for its well being, we as Christian should heed these words of yours, for they contain much wisdom, for if we are to extract that which is spiritually nutritious we must meditate deeply on the hypergrammos! πŸ™‚
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:59
    Would you please rephrase? I don't understand what exactly are you asking me
    😡
    I was answering the last question of your post.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 09:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    me remembers reading something similar in the works of Mills when i was younger, he felt that the Christ was an excellent model to adopt for keeping the mind and body morally pure, so that he could focus his attentions on his thoughts, its hazy for it was a long time ago πŸ™‚

Never the less, this has to be one of the most encouraging posts i think ...[text shortened]... to extract that which is spiritually nutritious we must meditate deeply on the hypergrammos! πŸ™‚
    I 'll sit quietly doing nothing😡
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 09:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I was answering the last question of your post.
    I don't know
    😡
  8. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:35
    Do you dream at night..?
    Is there no passion in your life?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by dube
    Do you dream at night..?
    Is there no passion in your life?
    i dream of paradise,

passion? what is passion but a momentary infatuation, a snowflake on the river, a moment white then melts forever. Life is hello and goodbye, the little bird he enters the feasting hall, sings his song and then is gone.
  10. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:38
    By "passion" I mean a sense of transcendent fulness.. an enduring state of satisfaction/thankfulness which acknowledges our extreme good fortune as we are carried by the flow of life to destinations we can only dream of.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 01:54
    Originally posted by dube
    By "passion" I mean a sense of transcendent fulness.. an enduring state of satisfaction/thankfulness which acknowledges our extreme good fortune as we are carried by the flow of life to destinations we can only dream of.
    extreme good fortune that we have life? yes, no doubt we are thankful, for their are many beautiful things that we have experienced, however its also spiked with pain, and rather fleeting. Why should we content ourselves with dreams that cannot be realised, better it is to achieve what we can, rather than what we cannot. If it makes you happy dancing on thin ice rather than merely skating, i am truly happy for you, for innocence has a potency all of its own.
  12. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 02:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I find myself in a position of having no pressing desires. I do not want to be richer, nor poorer, more loved by those who are close to me, nor liked by those who are far away. I do not want to reside on a tropical island nor do i wish to be famous. I have no desire to create, to build, nor to tear down. I do not desire power or a position of exce ...[text shortened]... on of not really desiring anything at all. Am i enlightened or clinically depressed or neither?
    What is the desire in talking about no desires? This is a serious question.

Just for the record, I am trained in the area and do not myself see sufficient evidence of significant clinical depression in your forum participation, robbie. And to be honest, I don't feel you really think so either. However a proper diagnosis would require a fuller assessment by a doctor.

A simple approach to living, without excessive pressing desires, is to me a very fine thing.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 02:17
    Originally posted by Taoman
    What is the desire in talking about no desires? This is a serious question.

Just for the record, I am trained in the area and do not myself see sufficient evidence of significant clinical depression in your forum participation, robbie. And to be honest, I don't feel you really think so either. However a proper diagnosis would require a fuller assessment b ...[text shortened]...

A simple approach to living, without excessive pressing desires, is to me a very fine thing.
    It seems to me, that the post was made with the idea that external stimuli are in some way responsible for happiness. I really wondered how this could be, for happiness which i equate with contentment rather than euphoria, is an inward feeling. Also it has been compounded by my experience, for some of the poorest people i have met have been the happiest and some of the most unhappy, the most affluent, leading me to believe that extenuating circumstances have very little bearing on our state of happiness/contentment. Taking this a little further, if one has no pressing desires, i.e. outside stimuli, no places that one would like to go, no one that we want to see, is this indicative of a state of happiness/contentment or of something more akin to melancholy.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 20:51
    I don't know
    😡
    A great example of a paradox if ever there was one...
  15. Joined
    04 Jun '03
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 21:23
    Robbie,
    Anyone who writes as beautifully as you do, who explores as deeply as you do, is surely warmed by the sun (son) of love and the nephew of satisfaction.
    Your eloquence and understanding belie your point.
    I think you are being overly modest about the joy/beauty in your life...and, perhaps, putting us on a bit for the sake of a good discussion.
    Also, because a condition or state of emotion is not permanent(whatever that might be) does not invalidate or vitiate the feeling.. After all, we live in the present moment...the treasure chest of bliss. We have only to lift the lid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree