1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 00:52
    Originally posted by chaney3
    No I don't, but He was called a drunkard. And I asked why. In the context of my above post, it's valid. Maybe not you, but it is. There are many people who are relying on Jesus to help keep them sober, whether you realize it or not.
    What nonsense. Alcoholics need to avoid alcohol. Non-alcoholics don't need to avoid alcohol. Getting drunk from time to time and having the disease of alcoholism all the time are not one in the same. You should be aware of this. Has somebody claiming to be a Christian told you that Jesus has some sort of responsibility for your alcoholism and/for curing it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 00:54
    Jesus was called a drunkard. And I asked why
    I was accused of being a pedophile. "They" accused me of it. Why do you think "they" would make such accusations?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 00:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    What nonsense. Alcoholics need to avoid alcohol. Non-alcoholics don't need to avoid alcohol. Getting drunk from time to time and having the disease of alcoholism all the time are not one in the same. You should be aware of this. Has somebody claiming to be a Christian told you that Jesus has some sort of responsibility for your alcoholism and/for curing it?
    Have you ever read the 12 steps? Maybe you should take a few moments to google it.

Jesus does NOT need to be one's Higher Power, or God of Understanding, but if He is...then that person is hoping for the help of Jesus to STOP drinking.

And no, the blame for alcoholism is not given to God, as far as I know.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:06
    Have you ever read the 12 steps? Maybe you should take a few moments to google it.

Jesus does NOT need to be one's Higher Power, or God of Understanding, but if He is...then that person is hoping for the help of Jesus to STOP drinking.

So what on earth does all this have to do with whether Jesus drank alcohol or not?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:07
    Has somebody claiming to be a Christian told you that Jesus has some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has somebody claiming to be a Christian told you that Jesus has some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism?
    Absolutely yes, if He is the "God of Your Understanding".

It would help if you knew the steps.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:16
    FMF: Has somebody claiming to be a Christian told you that Jesus has some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism?

So if Jesus liked to drink alcohol, does that mean he's maybe kind of letting you down and ... maybe it's OK to have another drink, even if you are an alcoholic?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:18
    I do know the steps. But it doesn't mean I have to allow you to hide behind them in this discussion. If Jesus liked to drink alcohol was he somehow betraying people with your disease?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:20

Step 1 -. Blame God 😀
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    So if Jesus liked to drink alcohol, does that mean he's maybe kind of letting you down and ... maybe it's OK to have another drink, even if you are an alcoholic?
    One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not?? Did He not turn the water into wine? Also, moderation wouldn't be important either, if the drunkard accusation is at all true.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Step 1 -. Blame God 😀
    Step 2: do good works while drunk.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do know the steps. But it doesn't mean I have to allow you to hide behind them in this discussion. If Jesus liked to drink alcohol was he somehow betraying people with your disease?
    If you knew the steps you wouldn't be asking such questions.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:25
    One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not?? Did He not turn the water into wine? Also, moderation wouldn't be important either, if the drunkard accusation is at all true.
    Alcoholics need to avoid alcohol. Non-alcoholics don't need to avoid alcohol. How can you not know that? You sound a bit bogus, frankly. Has nobody told you that alcoholism is a disease and not simply 'drinking alcohol'?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:271 edit
    If you knew the steps you wouldn't be asking such questions.
    This is a dodge. I do know the steps. I am asking you about stuff you are saying here in public. If Jesus liked to drink alcohol was he somehow betraying people like you who say they are alcoholics?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Alcoholics need to avoid alcohol. Non-alcoholics don't need to avoid alcohol. How can you not know that? You sound a bit bogus, frankly. Has nobody told you that alcoholism is a disease and not simply 'drinking alcohol'?
    You, FMF, appear to be completely ignorant on this matter.

You seem to be clueless in how much God is supposed to be involved in a person's recovery, if they are involved with a 12 step program.

Please educate yourself!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree